Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Important toss this one, we due too win one that's for sure!
Traditionally the pitches at Headingley are great for bowlers with plenty of movement on day 1 before flatting right out.

Reactions: 1 user
Classic leon. A one man echo
chamber.

I simply believe it was poor form by the Aussies. A cheap sneak way to get a wicket. Dumb by Bairstow but without honour by Australia. If you can’t see the nuance between the bairstow one and litany of other examples posted here I can’t help you.
Well, if I am ever an 'echo chamber', it's only because the likes of you (and the Ant) can never provide any substantive, relevant response beyond attempts at shallow personal insults.
I notice no response to my questioning if your affiliation is actually Pommie? This sounds like proof of that to me - 'poor form by the Aussies', 'without honour by Australia', 'nuance between' ...

So again - stumped is stumped. It's the MCC rules. Umpires decided it. So what drivel are you still going on with? So the non-decisions in previous Ashes tests against Broad, the non LBW and caught at 1st slip that denied Australia its rightful Ashes victory? Please explain whether they were 'poor form' or 'without honour'.

And while you are at it, please provide another precedent/example where that exact same MCC rule was invoked to over-rule like that to deny Starc's catch. I want a highly similar one, won't even ramble on about identical.
But at least your affiliation is perfectly clear now. Only a Pom could keep on whinging, bleating and sooking for so long about decisions made by England's own control of the MCC rules.

But, you don't want to abide by the rules or accept the umpires' decision, do you? Unlike Australian cricket teams have had to, going way back to WGG's cheat. Just keep on whinging; we'll try to keep on winning ... in spite of these very flexible rules as applied by England!

Who's smarter, you or Will Shakespeare? Tough call...
Currently me ... by a long way. He's long dead. Suspect his brain may have deteriorated a touch.

See, you need to know your history, not just a sliver of English Literature.

Nah, he's still got you covered Leo.
No, mate, I'm out and about. Poor old Will's been 'covered' for quite a while.
Anyway, you are still completely deficient, try as hard as you do, so stop boring me and everyone with your tiny attempts to be clever. I'm afraid that a lot of your posts are:

It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Last edited:
Will say though, there is no way Stuart Broad should ever have walked when he hit it to slip.

Most players would/should do the same. Taking the current England stance out of it. Nothing wrong with it.
I'm not big on walking either but when it's that blatant and obvious, it can only lead you logically to the next, much bigger question. How could any umpire, unless struck by lightning or sudden brain seizure, not give that out? So next logical thought is ... No wonder Broad knew he only had to stand there.

Same as the blatant non LBW when no appeals left. Was that same ump? Mmmmm.

Yeah, just major incompetence from Aleem Dar.
Really!?
I'm not big on walking either but when it's that blatant and obvious, it can only lead you logically to the next, much bigger question. How could any umpire, unless struck by lightning or sudden brain seizure, not give that out? How did it travel on that angle so quickly to 1st slip?
So next logical thought is ... No wonder Broad knew he only had to stand there.

Same as the blatant non LBW when no reviews left. Was that same ump? Mmmmm. Mere incompetence? Give me a break.

But can you provide another precedent/example where that exact same MCC rule was invoked to over-rule a very similar catch at test level like that to deny Starc's catch? That was a 3rd umpire ruling, cannot be called incompetent.

Good article by Mark Ramprakash:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...irstow-alex-carey-stuart-broad-spirit-cricket

Here's a couple of quotes:

In the following days I saw footage of Bairstow keeping against Nottinghamshire’s Samit Patel in a Twenty20 nine years ago, standing up to the stumps. Patel tried to drive the ball, Jonny took it and held it close to the stumps. Patel did not attempt a run, but as he moved from his position of trying a front-foot drive he slightly lifted his back leg. Bairstow took the bails off and everyone celebrated. It was not the end of an over, but I don’t see much difference between what he did there and what Carey did at Lord’s.

Early in England’s second innings at Lord’s Zak Crawley nicked one down the leg side, where it was caught by Carey. The umpire took a while to make up his mind, in which time Crawley just scratched his guard innocently, as if nothing had happened. When the finger went up he instantly marched off, and there is no doubt he knew he had hit it, but he was trying to influence the umpire’s decision. There seemed little point, with all the technology available now – Australia would only have reviewed it – but this was gamesmanship. Where was England’s spirit of cricket then?

This controversy is a joke, a hypocritical joke at that.

The real controversy should be around the way that the poms are preparing ridiculous roads instead of cricket pitches in an attempt to make Bazball work . . . pathetic.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
England came close in first 2 tests.
Draws will only come about if it pours.

Next 3 tests are even stevens, so i can see England winning 3.

No, mate, I'm out and about. Poor old Will's been 'covered' for quite a while.
Anyway, you are still completely deficient, try as hard as you do, so stop boring me and everyone with your tiny attempts to be clever. I'm afraid that a lot of your posts are:

It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing

ok boomer! Now back to the cricket.

Mark Wood bowling rapid. 95mph in his first over. Quick, bouncy, green pitch. Is this Headingly or Brisbane?

Another missed catch from the pommy keeper, at least he plays in the spirit of cricket….good on him

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Just switched to watch the cricket and …

4-100

Marsh & Head in.

What’s gone wrong???

Great bowling or poor batting???

geez that does not bode well. Major third ump stuff up. amazing.

Stokes should have conceded the extra 2 by the spirit of cricket you'd reckon.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users