Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

You're not attempting a run when you overbalance to a ball down legside either.
Very different and you know it.

In some ways it's worse than a mankad, in a mankad the non-striker is trying to gain an unfair advantage. Bairstow was doing no such thing.

Reactions: 1 user
But why does it matter if Bairstow was to wait an extra second or two to walk out of his crease? He is not attempting a run? He wasn't batting a meter out of his crease? It's out by the book but doesn't mean it's not controversial or that it's a sporting dismissal.
It's not about whether Backstop waited 'an extra second or two'. Carey saw he was leaving his crease when the ball was live and legit ran him out. The ball is live until both teams treat it as if it's not. That's what the crease is for. If you're out of your crease when the ball is live, you can be run out. Stay in your crease. Batsmen with their wits about them always check it's safe to leave their crease. Backstop was dozy and complacent.

Reactions: 5 users
A) Bairstow dismissal was completely fair

B) Very poor session by the Australians in both tactics and execution. Wouldn’t be in it if not for Carey.

Reactions: 2 users
Off stump now for Stokes. Please.

We are giving him a cross bat every ball.

Reactions: 1 user
It's not about whether Backstop waited 'an extra second or two'. Carey saw he was leaving his crease when the ball was live and legit ran him out. The ball is live until both teams treat it as if it's not. That's what the crease is for. If you're out of your crease when the ball is live, you can be run out. Stay in your crease. Batsmen with their wits about them always check it's safe to leave their crease. Backstop was dozy and complacent.
I used to wait until the keeper threw the ball to a team mate. And if he just walked forward with it, then I’d stay in my crease.

Broad is a complete and utter ahole.

Give him 6 in the guts per over Starc and remind him it’s for all the ones he threw down yesterday.

Reactions: 1 users
Not saying its not out just that its not the right way to play
It's exactly the way to play, he wandered out of the crease while the ball was live, and stumped him. What's the difference between Carey stumping him while he's keeping at the stumps to a spinner when he walks out out of the crease, and this instance?

Smart by Carey, incredibly dumb by Bairstow. One of the first things you're taught as a young batsman is to stay in the crease until the ball is dead.

Pathetic crowd should be directing their ire at Bairstow, rather than calling the Aussies cheats.

Reactions: 7 users
It's exactly the way to play, he wandered out of the crease while the ball was live, and stumped him. What's the difference between Carey stumping him while he's keeping at the stumps to a spinner when he walks out out of the crease, and this instance?

Smart by Carey, incredibly dumb by Bairstow. One of the first things you're taught as a young batsman is to stay in the crease until the ball is dead.

Pathetic crowd should be directing their ire at Bairstow, rather than calling the Aussies cheats.

Dont agree if he had gone down the wicket to play the ball then fine but he was clearly only walking out on the wrong assumption the ball was finished.

Carey picked his pocket which is fine by the letter of the law but not great manners in my opinion

The English are a pasty, nasty bunch.
They’ve always been a bunch of whining hypocrites. They like to play the class act when the fact of the matter is they’ll do anything and everything to win - like everyone else. Just that when they don’t win - which is often - they resort to bitching their guts out.

Reactions: 1 users
He marked the crease.

For 3 innings the last 7 wickets have dropped for around 100. Now the tail is Gunna bloody wag!