Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

In our favour tonight is we start with a 30-over old ball. 50 more til they get a new rock, and if we last that long we won't have many to make, if any at all.

If Head bats for two hours we win.
Or Khawaja? Even better, Khawaja in partnership with Head for 2 hours. Just play Broad very warily until he tires out.

Reactions: 1 user
I hope Marnus is watching Boland and taking note of how to leave a ball outside off stump.

Reactions: 1 users
Slow going at the moment, 21 runs scored in the first hour of play, absorbing cricket.
England field placings are excellent. Really done their homework on each of our batsmens' strengths ... unlike us! Forcing us to take risks. Top order have failed aside from Ussie.

England field placings are excellent. Really done their homework on each of our batsmens' strengths ... unlike us! Forcing us to take risks. Top order have failed aside from Ussie.
Yes, Ussie has been superb. The Poms have bowled well, the pitch probably helped them too after being under the covers.

Real pity. Green was moving nicely into his innings. Now more tension for everyone ... including us. We can still do it; have some faith in Carey but it's down to these 2 and Cummins now.

Just a couple of 4s would help.

I think we're gone from here. That was a rubbish ball that Ussie got himself out on. No need to play it at all. But you cannot criticise his efforts this test. Bad luck.
I think i'll hit the sack.

Khawaja is out, and I can't stand listening to Pietersen anymore, I'm going to bed.

Miraculous. I have no words.

Very bad result for England because they can only fall back on the “but aren’t we entertaining?” once or twice.

If Australia wins the second test and the home Ashes starts to slip away for all their fans, McCullum’s cavalier “revolution” starts to wear thin.

I see their coach reclining in the dressing room, chewing his *smile* gum. He annoys me because Bazball is essentially about removing the care from performance. It’s a cheap mental trick for a middling team in need of an excuse.

And the Aussies? We played tight in that test. All care and no freedom. But with the first win on the board we’ll hit Lords with murderous intent.

Also, we have the advantage of just needing a series draw.

England lost more with this result than we would have.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I see their coach reclining in the dressing room, chewing his *smile* gum. He annoys me because Bazball is essentially about removing the care from performance. It’s a cheap mental trick for a middling team in need of an excuse.
I don’t know about that Carter. They have won 11 of 13 tests using these tactics. It’s not just about freedom in batting, it’s about being aggressive in all aspects of the game.
I love watching it and to me there is always going to be risk of losing test matches as well as winning them.
England could easily have won this, Stokes holds on to the Lyon catch and it is probably 1-0 England
I had almost lost interest in test cricket but am absorbed by the tactical battle in this series. All hail Brendan McCullum imo.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Nathan Lyon’s lofted boundary over wide mid-on off Broad was sublime. That was the moment I knew we’d win.

Reactions: 2 users
how bloody good to wake up this morning to hear we won

Reactions: 8 users