Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

NSW is in for a heck of a ride with Perrottet. Good luck.

For a start Dr Kerry Chant seems to have been sidelined.
Wealth over health.

Personal accountability is on you to be vaccinated. We can’t be held hostage to people not wanting to be vaccinated.

I’m wishing him the best. We will always have more restrictions than NSW as that’s how we roll. But if they can show a way forward and show what can be done we might get more freedoms when we hit the 80% mark.

He is made the below changes today.

Reactions: 1 user
we've had over 90,000 vaccines administered in 6 of the last 7 weekdays. We could always do better, but we are going OK. although there does seem to be some scepticism with Moderna. Sutton came out yesterday and said Moderna is likely to be longer lasting than the other 2. I would definitely consider Moderna when I get my booster shot.

Now that NSW are at 70%, it will be interesting to see how the next few weeks and months unfold. They are opening up on Monday. But what the media are not discussing is that they are opening up to the unvaccinated on December 1. I can’t help but think this is an incentive for the unvaccinated to stay unvaccinated, and NSW vaccination rates may start to slow down in the lead up to December 1.

The new NSW premier also seems to have an issue with masks. this seems to be a common theme with people who believe in the invisible sky man

I too would consider Moderna over Pfizer for my booster but let's hope Sweden and Denmark suspending Moderna for under 18's and under 30's respectively doesn't promote fear as it did AZ and derail our Moderna roll-out here which was predominantly aimed for the younger age group.

Last edited:
With the cases we have, opening up etc, I’d take a Moderna booster right now if I could get one.
Me too, I were relatively early double vaxed, (mid June), so hoping by the end of December there will be an option of a booster.

Just had my first test in quite a few months, they've certainly refined it, a much more pleasant experience than the former brain scrape.

Frustrating waiting two hours at a drive through site with only a handful of staff taking swabs though. Not sure why they haven't put on an army of people to take the samples, it could easily be done by a layperson with some simple training.

same with vaccination.

NSW is in for a heck of a ride with Perrottet. Good luck.

For a start Dr Kerry Chant seems to have been sidelined.
Wealth over health.

When premier, Gladys always claimed they were following health advice. So, either Chant has changed her mind overnight, or the new NSW premier has decided to ignore health advice and put his own stamp on the NSW roadmap.

Hint: Its not the former.

Just had my first test in quite a few months, they've certainly refined it, a much more pleasant experience than the former brain scrape.

Frustrating waiting two hours at a drive through site with only a handful of staff taking swabs though. Not sure why they haven't put on an army of people to take the samples, it could easily be done by a layperson with some simple training.
Try doing it three times in a week with a two year old in the car.

*smile* quarantine.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
All the themes here are global. I found it interesting reading the first post from a French poster which went earlier on mandatory vax laws than us.

The HCA subreddit is always interesting reading - the winners always follow the same depressing pattern. Refuse the vaccine, blame Biden, decry facemasks, talk about muh freedoms, get sick of covid, go to hospital, call for "prayer warriors" to assemble, die. Some petition doctors for Ivermectin or HCQ, these requests are refused. Family members see hospital care as part of Biden's conspiracy - "they ventilate us in order to kill us'.

The lack of gratitude to ICU nurses and doctors is incredible, bordering on outright hostility. And every minor improvement the patient experiences is due to Jesus, not the professional health workers working tirelessly for days or weeks.

The politicisation of the whole thing is truly depressing. Dying to "own the libs" is a thing now.

Reactions: 1 users

They'd want to, I'd prefer to get the needle than have the swab cleaning the inside of my skull as I experienced many times last year.

Last edited:
Personal accountability is on you to be vaccinated. We can’t be held hostage to people not wanting to be vaccinated.

I’m wishing him the best. We will always have more restrictions than NSW as that’s how we roll. But if they can show a way forward and show what can be done we might get more freedoms when we hit the 80% mark.

He is made the below changes today.

Don’t disagree entirely but it does seem he’s lifting things a bit early.
Be interesting to see how they go. No doubt those who are unvaccinated are at the most risk. A person in their 20s died today.
If you’re not vaccinated by now you’re crazy IMO.

Last edited:
I'm not so keen on that without qualifications given the potential risks to the patient but the swabbing process is pretty straight forward, the biggest risk would be contamination of results due to mishandling which is pretty manageable.

I wasnt suggesting recruiting junkies and body builders for vaccination clinics

But i see your point,

While its a moot point cause the rush seems over, but i reckon I'd rather get a vaccination off an uber driver than a nasal swab.

Had my 1st test last Friday, (had to have a day procedure done in hospital & they required a Covid test prior). I was expecting it to be quite unpleasant as had heard from various people that it was. i found it to be quite ok, the lady who did it was good, she said that some people were a little bit "harsh" with there approach.

I have to do it again in 2 weeks, this time for an operation.

Reactions: 2 users
Had my 1st test last Friday, (had to have a day procedure done in hospital & they required a Covid test prior). I was expecting it to be quite unpleasant as had heard from various people that it was. i found it to be quite ok, the lady who did it was good, she said that some people were a little bit "harsh" with there approach.

I have to do it again in 2 weeks, this time for an operation.

Good luck TT33!

Just came back from my first test an hour ago. Hearing all the horror stories about the tests in the past, I wasn’t looking forward to it. As it turned out, going to get the test was more of a nightmare. My boss rang me when I got home from work today. I am a contact of a possible contact of a possible contact of a possible contact of a courier who was infected at our other site. No worries I said to my boss. Drove up to a testing site just up the road. A 2 hour wait. Nope. I’ve had my hours cut and changed and am only getting a few hours sleep lately. If I waited in the car for that long I would fall asleep. Drove to another testing site. They were testing but were closed due to overcapacity. Went to a walk up test centre. They wouldn’t let me in because I might have been infected. Being tired I couldn’t quite make sense of having a testing site that wouldn’t test because you might be infected. They said I had to go to a drive thru test centre and gave me a list. Closest other one was 15 km away. Went there and it was a pop up walk in one. I thought great, waiting to get turned away. Nope. No problem. Waited in line for about 45 minutes. Done. Now I have to wait, but at least I get to sleep in tomorrow :)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users