Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

New record 847. Most of it will be in Hume I presume where people seem to have just given up on the lockdown rules.
Hasn't been much in the way of rule following in this area for the last 18 months. Surprised the score hasn't been much much higher in this region.

New record 847. Most of it will be in Hume I presume where people seem to have just given up on the lockdown rules. Vaccination rate won't hit 80% first jab until next week so golf has to wait for the vaccine hesitants to make up their mind. Why am I still following the rules?
Many people in the northern and western suburbs of Melbourne gave up 2 months ago. They have thumbed their noses at the latest lockdown. The numbers don’t lie; vast majority of cases still coming from those areas. And the rest of the city is paying the price for that selfishness.

Reactions: 2 users
Many people in the northern and western suburbs of Melbourne gave up 2 months ago. They have thumbed their noses at the latest lockdown. The numbers don’t lie; vast majority of cases still coming from those areas. And the rest of the city is paying the price for that selfishness.
Why Do you think the people of the north and west gave up?

That is exactly what I posted Sin.

My open ended question was whether the CHO has a mandate beyond the the declared emergency period or will the govt need to legislate specifically to keep certain sectors fully vaned as long as COVId is still a threat?
I do remember the State govt (while Dan was away sick from the fall) it was reported they had tried to legislate in having these emergency powers to be permanent. Heard nothing else so I have to assume they must have failed.

Reactions: 1 user
As you can see, mere weeks after 50 percent full vaccination rates had been achieved in twenty states, cases in each one of those states erupted. It comes as no surprise that authorities are now calling for 70, 80, or 90 percent vaccination rates to get things under control.

Erupted because they reduced restrictions?That is obvious.

Looking at the entirety of the United States since March 1, 2021, there is no statistically significant indication that states that have administered, on average, more vaccine doses are faring any better than states that have administered fewer doses on average.

The anti-vax states are faring much worse. So he's wrong?

How can it be the case that a 0 percent vaccinated country had far fewer cases last year than it did once 60, 70, or 80 percent of its population was fully vaccinated with what is professed to be an incredibly effective vaccine?

Because they have opened up.

The vaccine doesn't stop people getting the virus nor spreading it but is proven to reduce the severity of disease. And reduce transmissibility.

I'm all for people taking responsibility for their action s and a much more nuanced approach by gov'ts but that article ain't convincing me of anything.

Reactions: 1 users
I'll never understand how Melbourne is back to this position, poorly managed to be back here. The most locked down city in the world and nothing different from last year.

Labor heartlands in the North and West the issues and nothing being done to target those LGA's through fear of upsetting the heartland.

I'll never understand how Melbourne is back to this position, poorly managed to be back here. The most locked down city in the world and nothing different from last year.

Labor heartlands in the North and West the issues and nothing being done to target those LGA's through fear of upsetting the heartland.
Or being targeted as racist as they are the most marginalised.

The government are saying today it’s because they are still visiting households and it’s jumping from household to household. Perhaps it’s time to allow a lot of outdoor dining and picnics at parks etc. At least this social activity will outside were the risks are lower.

Why Do you think the people of the north and west gave up?
Not sure mate but it’s clear that they did. The demographic is a lot of big extended families and the culture seems to be that they spend a lot of time together. It seems they kept doing that.

Not just fear of upsetting the heartland, fear of the backlash similar to the Bankstown shutdown backlash.

Or being targeted as racist as they are the most marginalised.

The government are saying today it’s because they are still visiting households and it’s jumping from household to household. Perhaps it’s time to allow a lot of outdoor dining and picnics at parks etc. At least this social activity will outside were the risks are lower.
Yeh, outdoor gatherings should be encouraged. They are clearly lower risk environments to meet in.

Hospitalisations and deaths dramatcially reduced at least from the last case nos. explosion. Vaccines at work there.

Reactions: 4 users
Hospitalisations and deaths dramatcially reduced at least from the last case nos. explosion. Vaccines at work there.
Vaccines and the age demographic of those testing positive. Overwhelmingly younger people

Not sure mate but it’s clear that they did. The demographic is a lot of big extended families and the culture seems to be that they spend a lot of time together. It seems they kept doing that.
It’s not just that they spend a lot of time together, in many cases they live together.
There is of course an element of giving up, but I live in the inner east and I see plenty of people giving up here as well. This is also a socio-economic issue, they live together but also they have a far greater need to work (often more than one job) because of economic factors.
This group of outbreaks caused by the delta strain has arguably been a bigger economic issue that those of 2020 and the fact that the same level of support for individuals and businesses was not provided by the federal government as it was last year ( minus the job keeper rorting) is really disappointing imo.

Reactions: 4 users
It's already on the march but no doubt case Victorian numbers will increase substantially over the coming weeks due to rolling illegal protests & illegal gatherings for the AFL GF. Don't be surprised when it happens.

It’s not just that they spend a lot of time together, in many cases they live together.
There is of course an element of giving up, but I live in the inner east and I see plenty of people giving up here as well. This is also a socio-economic issue, they live together but also they have a far greater need to work (often more than one job) because of economic factors.
This group of outbreaks caused by the delta strain has arguably been a bigger economic issue that those of 2020 and the fact that the same level of support for individuals and businesses was not provided by the federal government as it was last year ( minus the job keeper rorting) is really disappointing imo.
Exactly.

I think it's living situations moreso then rule ignoring.

I live in Hume, but I have a doctor in Moreland, and going between the two, the social distancing and mask wearing is significantly more lax in Moreland.