Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Just thought I would post a sad/interesting anti-vax story. I just got off the phone to the mother of a 16 year old boy. She is a single mum with underlying health conditions that mean she can't get vaccinated. Now she's worried because her son, who is a little 'slow' intellectually (IQ about 80), is refusing to get vaccinated because of stuff he has seen on TikTok about the risks. I honestly didn't know what to say to her. The idea that you would put your own mum at risk is kind of incomprehensible to me.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Just thought I would post a sad/interesting anti-vax story. I just got off the phone to the mother of a 16 year old boy. She is a single mum with underlying health conditions that mean she can't get vaccinated. Now she's worried because her son, who is a little 'slow' intellectually (IQ about 80), is refusing to get vaccinated because of stuff he has seen on TikTok about the risks. I honestly didn't know what to say to her. The idea that you would put your own mum at risk is kind of incomprehensible to me.
There are heaps of pro vaccination TikToks as well. Show those perhaps finding out a celebrity they like that has done one (if possible).

Reactions: 1 users
I heard one of the media's go to doctor / professors saying that cannot be vaccinated due to "underlying" conditions was way way overstated and he implied that it was far more likely the patient not their doctor who were saying they cant be vaccinated.

That's so Gladys can see her new boyfriend. I suppose at least she hasn't kept this one a secret.

"18 June 2021 — The New South Wales Premier's relationship with high-profile barrister Arthur Moses was confirmed on Friday night through an Instagram post ..."

Power is a big aphrodisiac. Very, very powerful it seems.

I heard one of the media's go to doctor / professors saying that cannot be vaccinated due to "underlying" conditions was way way overstated and he implied that it was far more likely the patient not their doctor who were saying they cant be vaccinated.

Health Officials themselves have said that some people think having underlying conditions means that they shouldn't get vaxxed when the reverse is true.
There are actually very few underlying conditions that prevent vaccination, always exceptions of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Daily cases peaked at beginning of September with 25K!!

Down to about 5K now which is still very high, but might indicate more social distancing plus boosters - who knows.

View attachment 13389

Daily deaths - peak 64 but bouncing up and down.

View attachment 13391

Good news is they seem to have peaked and it's dropping again, whatever they are doing.

Interesting graphs Anty, 15 cases and 0 deaths in the state of Uttar Pradesh (population 230 million) on 8 September. Maybe the Israeli authorities contacted them?

1631250192821.png

Unfortunately the state of Kerala in India (35 million population) not doing quite as well

1631250844072.png

Last edited:
Yep, I've heard the same.

Health Officials themselves have said that some people think having underlying conditions means that they shouldn't get vaxxed when the reverse is true.
There are actually very few underlying conditions that prevent vaccination, always exceptions of course.

I bet

Limes Disease,
Chronic Fatigue, and
electromagnetic fatigue syndrome

will be the 3 main claims for unable to be vaccinated,

other than the genuine ones.

Not for a moment saying chronic fatigue isnt real and debilitating, just that they seem overrepresented in populations of white middle-class people with dreadlocks who spend all day on facebook.

I once lived with a bloke who couldn't do the dishes because of his RSI, but as far as I could tell, he'd never actually repeated anything.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Yep, I've heard the same.
Yes, very few medical reasons not to be vaccinated....preservative allergy, chemotherapy, immune disease perhaps.
I can tell you that the patient presents insisting on an exemption. The GP has two choices..
1 spend an aweful time arguing why the patient is not elible..remember these are illogical anti vaxers..and end up very far behind and mentally exhausted, or..
2. Just give the certificate....because some one else will anyway. Saves all of the above issues.

Having the fight can leave you exhausted mentally and not in the right frame of mind to help sick people who follow.

This scenario presents every single day to GPs. You would be amazed what people will ask you for.

Lyme disease is a ripper eZyT.

Reactions: 3 users
Stereotypical humans are always a great source of humour...but you are dead right.
Funny how people are like this.
I guess gene combinations that are common and are mutually inherited lead to certain scripted behaviours.

Last edited:
I bet

Limes Disease,
Chronic Fatigue, and
electromagnetic fatigue syndrome

will be the 3 main claims for unable to be vaccinated,

other than the genuine ones.

Not for a moment saying chronic fatigue isnt real and debilitating, just that they seem overrepresented in populations of white middle-class people with dreadlocks who spend all day on facebook.

I once lived with a bloke who couldn't do the dishes because of his RSI, but as far as I could tell, he'd never actually repeated anything.
rolling joints (medicinal of course) can be very repetitive.

• Haha
Interesting graphs Anty, 15 cases and 0 deaths in the state of Uttar Pradesh (population 230 million) on 8 September. Maybe the Israeli authorities contacted them?

View attachment 13393

Unfortunately the state of Kerala in India (35 million population) not doing quite as well

View attachment 13394

they are doing something right for sure.

What details do you have about Ivermectin usage in UP? How do they distribute it, how often do they take it, is it being used in hospitals etc. Genuinely interested but I can't find detailed info around this.

On the big falls in places like Indonesia I'm wondering whether it's already gone through most of the population so those that will die have already got sick and died. No data on this though.

Hahahaha, what a con. I have RSI in both my wrists, there are certain things which are harder but you can definitely do the dishes. Slack bastard.

Those graphs from Israel do show that breakthrough infections happen at a decent rate, but look at the deaths compared to cases in earlier outbreaks and you can clearly see that the number of deaths as compared to cases has gone down substantially. That is the beneficial effect of vaccinations even when almost half the population is not vaccinated because there are a lot of young people in Israel.

As for Gladys, are any of us surprised that she no longer wants to front the pressers when the numbers look like they are about to get to their peak? I'm not, she'll probably still ask the CHO to front pressers but won't bother herself.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
87,000 doses yesterday. First dose increase of 1%.

The first dose percentages bounce around a bit from day to day, but if we can average 1% per day then we can hit 70% first dose early, maybe by next Thursday-Friday.

Andrews should be preparing for this outcome and be communicating to Victorians early next week what his first stage of release looks like.

Ok alcohol finally open here after 11 weeks of prohibition .:cool:. curfew is still on and travel bans. But think we have turned the corner.. Vaccines are here .. They closed schools for 6 weeks Vaccinated all the teachers and then re opened this week and new cases are down by half since last month. Think because we have lost quite a few ppl and lots have had covit and not enjoyed the experience,, some have effects well after getting over it ..ppl are wearing masks and keeping safe and getting vaccinated. Got my vac last week J&J so only one jab ..no side effects at all so happy with that ...So a bit of a different world than Aus where the debate about whether covit is real and the anti-mask / anti vac debate is on .. Still trying to get back to my home village Melbourne for a few months to see my mum .. who is not doing that well atm .. but no fights still .. looking like Feb /March maybe

Reactions: 10 users
Daily cases peaked at beginning of September with 25K!!

Down to about 5K now which is still very high, but might indicate more social distancing plus boosters - who knows.

<snip images>

Good news is they seem to have peaked and it's dropping again, whatever they are doing.

I only hope every member of our governments are ringing up and finding out what has worked and not worked! There is so much experience around the world to use so we don't make the same mistakes/ get the good stuff happening sooner.

Hahahaha, what a con. I have RSI in both my wrists, there are certain things which are harder but you can definitely do the dishes. Slack bastard.

Those graphs from Israel do show that breakthrough infections happen at a decent rate, but look at the deaths compared to cases in earlier outbreaks and you can clearly see that the number of deaths as compared to cases has gone down substantially. That is the beneficial effect of vaccinations even when almost half the population is not vaccinated because there are a lot of young people in Israel.

As for Gladys, are any of us surprised that she no longer wants to front the pressers when the numbers look like they are about to get to their peak? I'm not, she'll probably still ask the CHO to front pressers but won't bother herself.

DS
Pretty sure I read that journos can email in questions for the health dept, and that someone will be doing a tele-presentation each day.

Inspiring...