Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

It is interesting that many high risk sectors are back and working because they are essential. But many low risk activities are still banned. Maybe it's the 5km limit that is the best thing to curb it?

But one thing that is for sure is that no one can tell what measure/s are most effective and what are inconsequential as the whole population. All we we can say is that in aggregate some or all of the retrcitions have had a benefit.

Often hearSutton say takes 14 day for a measure to be effective....and yet stage 4 was rolled out less than two weeks after compulsory face masks. And infections peaked virtually the week stage 4 came in. So was the tide already turning with masks? Was Stage 4 so effective it slashed infection overnight?

Reactions: 1 user
Andrews says the curfew was to maintain law & order, bureaucrat says it was to stop virus spread. Dan clearly can't remember what he told people to say. Personally I suspect he's being truthful in this instance.

Andrews says the curfew was to maintain law & order, bureaucrat says it was to stop virus spread. Dan clearly can't remember what he told people to say. Personally I suspect he's being truthful in this instance.

Surely it's both? Not sure how that's controversial.

Surely it's both? Not sure how that's controversial.

Agreed, the curfew was to prevent people from having dinner parties which was identified as one of the biggest causes on community transmission.
A curfew makes the law and order easier for police which in turn helps suppress community transmission.

Reactions: 1 users
I can tsee that case fizzling out. There was clearly a need for the curfew and most people had no problems with it.

I can tsee that case fizzling out. There was clearly a need for the curfew and most people had no problems with it.

I didn't have a big problem with it, not much going on in Melbourne after dark right now. But the lawsuit is seeking disclosure of the medical justification for the curfew. The justification may have been "Dan said so".

The curfew's legality is being challenged by a lawsuit against the state. It's controversial.

Dan's disregard for checks and balances as detailed by Somurek is coming back to bite him.

Your anti Dan commentary is tiresome, but at least on hotel quarantine it had some substance.

There were laws in place to reduce the spread of the virus. The curfew helped enforce those laws, and reduce the spread of the virus. It is true to say both that the curfew was in place to reduce the spread of people (and therefore the virus), and for police to actually be able to enforce that.

Reactions: 1 users

You think he goes and addresses hundreds of staff on an individual basis?

Any new evidence about Dan's private school pal corruption? Or you given that nonsense away finally? And the otherwise sensible people still planning to become terrorists?

15 new cases, 2 deaths.

3rd consecutive daily increase in new case numbers. Whilst the numbers are not big you'd still want to see them going the other way. That target of 5 new cases for the 14 day rolling average is going to be a challenge.

Yeah, especially if there are 31 or 32 cases tomorrow.

Adam Somyurek in the HUN. Yeah, Adam's not the sort of bloke who would want to extract revenge for his downfall I guess.

Has he been charged with anything as yet? Hope they don't miss him.

Just as lip service should be paid to the Michael Cohen video on Trump so should law breaker Somyurek be dismissed

If it was the Liberal party in charge of the VIC shitshow this thread would be 200 pages longer!

Only a labour party tragic could condone what Dan has overseen.

Reactions: 2 users
Whilst the numbers are not big you'd still want to see them going the other way. That target of 5 new cases for the 14 day rolling average is going to be a challenge.

We're still not being given very instructive data on how transmission is occurring. A significant percentage of new cases are health care workers, in close contact with the infected.

Any new evidence about Dan's private school pal corruption? Or you given that nonsense away finally?

"Within government, that Andrews made the decision to use private security guards is not a matter of conjecture. Why he chose to make such a risky decision is a matter of much speculation."

The answer is in that statement somewhere. Just waiting on Dan to reveal all!

Your anti Dan commentary is tiresome, but at least on hotel quarantine it had some substance.

There were laws in place to reduce the spread of the virus. The curfew helped enforce those laws, and reduce the spread of the virus. It is true to say both that the curfew was in place to reduce the spread of people (and therefore the virus), and for police to actually be able to enforce that.

But the health commissioner claims the decision was made on medical advice. Police logistics isn't medical advice.

It would make sense to circumvent the legal action by letting the public in on the secret advice.

They had plenty of time. No dispute re stuff ups of hotel quarantine but the Feds handling of aged care has been horrendous & cost lives. Deserves more scrutiny than it's getting.

They had plenty of time. No dispute re stuff ups of hotel quarantine but the Feds handling of aged care has been horrendous & cost lives. Deserves more scrutiny than it's getting.
The system has been neglected for along time. I can recall elderly relatives in care back in the 60's/70's and it was a shambles then.

Privatisation and reliance on religious organisations to do the "right thing" has made it worse and increased the costs to a ridiculous level.

Maybe it's not something the Feds should actually be involved in at all? States generally do a good job of running state health.

"Within government, that Andrews made the decision to use private security guards is not a matter of conjecture. Why he chose to make such a risky decision is a matter of much speculation."

The answer is in that statement somewhere.

No, it ain't. It's speculation, with no evidence. It's like Trump's "lots of people are saying". As has been mentioned Somuryek's thesis runs counter to actual evidence given at the inquiry anyway.