Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Well Mikakos is gone, but the Federal Health minister remains despite the clusterf*** that is aged care.

Go figure, both should be gone.

If Dan should be gone as a result of this so should Morrison.

12 cases today, would like to see it in single figures but still a decent result:

COVID19 7 day ave 26092020.jpg

By the numbers:

DateNew Infections7 Day Trailing Ave5 Day Centred Ave14 Day Trailing Ave
21 September 2020​
28​
26.14​
15.40​
34.64​
22 September 2020​
14​
22.29​
15.60​
30.64​
23 September 2020​
11​
20.29​
15.80​
28.07​
24 September 2020​
14​
15.86​
26.21​
25 September 2020​
12​
14.71​
24.57​

The fact that the 5 day centred average is stable and slightly rising would indicate that the other averages will drop and then stabilise a bit. Tomorrow should see a fair drop in the 5 day average as we lose the 28 from 21 Sept. The 14 Day average should go down to somewhere between 10 and 15 soon and hopefully, if the numbers keep falling, it will keep going.

1 new case in NSW so still going fine in other states in Aus.

The US has gone over 7million, with over 40k cases yesterday, basically out of control like their President.

The second wave in Spain, France and the UK shows little sign of tapering off.

If we can get it under control here it looks like a long wait before the rest of the world is in any fit state to allow travel.

DS

Reactions: 4 users
I find it strange that after calling for Mikakos to go (rightly) for the last week, now it's all about Dan "throwing people under bus". Bizarre.

Reactions: 5 users
I find it strange that after calling for Mikakos to go (rightly) for the last week, now it's all about Dan "throwing people under bus". Bizarre.

What's bizarre about it? Standard News Ltd playbook

Reactions: 3 users
Just got told by my partner that Mikakos was appointed the minister in charge of the COVID response in April.

They did have a minister responsible so really it was up to her to be across everything. Bloody hard but no-one said being a minister wasn't a more than full time job.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
Well Mikakos is gone, but the Federal Health minister remains despite the clusterf*** that is aged care.

12 cases today, would like to see it in single figures but still a decent result:

View attachment 10614

By the numbers:

21 September 2020​
28​
26.14​
15.40​
34.64​
22 September 2020​
14​
22.29​
15.60​
30.64​
23 September 2020​
11​
20.29​
15.80​
28.07​
24 September 2020​
14​
15.86​
26.21​
25 September 2020​
12​
14.71​
24.57​

The fact that the 5 day centred average is stable and slightly rising would indicate that the other averages will drop and then stabilise a bit. Tomorrow should see a fair drop in the 5 day average as we lose the 28 from 21 Sept. The 14 Day average should go down to somewhere between 10 and 15 soon and hopefully, if the numbers keep falling, it will keep going.

The US has gone over 7million, with over 40k cases yesterday, basically out of control like their President.

If we can get it under control here it looks like a long wait before the rest of the world is in any fit state to allow travel.

DS
Great work as usual DS.

View attachment 10615

Dunno what they'll say about Dan if the cases go up again once he commences opening up
No reason for it to happen if the authorities have their *smile* together on contact tracing. Every other state in Australia has done it including the most comparable one in NSW.

Dunno what they'll say about Dan if the cases go up again once he commences opening up

The madness of what's happening overseas puts things into perspective here. Even though we've made a few mistakes, we're still way, WAY ahead of many parts of the world that are really struggling to contain this thing.

Australia has done very well so far overall & more focus should be on that.

View attachment 10614

By the numbers:

21 September 2020​
28​
26.14​
15.40​
34.64​
22 September 2020​
14​
22.29​
15.60​
30.64​
23 September 2020​
11​
20.29​
15.80​
28.07​
24 September 2020​
14​
15.86​
26.21​
25 September 2020​
12​
14.71​
24.57​
Just got told by my partner that Mikakos was appointed the minister in charge of the COVID response in April.

They did have a minister responsible so really it was up to her to be across everything. Bloody hard but no-one said being a minister wasn't a more than full time job.

DS

Interesting. Are you able to say why she knows this?

View attachment 10614

By the numbers:

21 September 2020​
28​
26.14​
15.40​
34.64​
22 September 2020​
14​
22.29​
15.60​
30.64​
23 September 2020​
11​
20.29​
15.80​
28.07​
24 September 2020​
14​
15.86​
26.21​
25 September 2020​
12​
14.71​
24.57​

DS

Hi David I half agree with your first point made above. Our federal health minister Greg Hunt seems to me to be a very good politician. He seems to be across his portfolio and has been widely available in media conferences. Also seems to speak in plan language and made a lot more sense early days over Scott Morrison.

The minister that you should have in the gun and the one I think you may mean is Senator Richard Colbeck. He is in charge of the nursing homes as minister for Aged Care and Senior Australians. With Jenny falling on her sword let’s hope a lot of the attention moves to him and having better staffing ratios to care for our older Australians.

Reactions: 1 users
The info that Mikakos was responsible for the COVID response came from a friend who does have connections in the ALP, so, third hand but I know them too so some credibility. Can't find any evidence of this though.

You are right, had Health Minister in my head, it is the Aged Care minister federally who should resign. He should just hang his head in shame. Those calling for Andrews' resignation as Mikakos' boss should also be calling for Colbeck and Scomo to resign if they want to be consistent.

Haven't really heard much about Hunt's performance as Federal Health minister, which would be a good thing given Australia has done well in the pandemic and the media mainly reports on stuff ups. He must be doing well if the media are ignoring him!

DS

The madness of what's happening overseas puts things into perspective here. Even though we've made a few mistakes, we're still way, WAY ahead of many parts of the world that are really struggling to contain this thing.

Australia has done very well so far overall & more focus should be on that.

London is generally ticking along pretty normally, albeit with masks and lots of hand washing. Restaurants are open; pubs are open (until 10pm); shopping centres are open; supermarkets are open (with a new wave of panic buying just starting up); schools fully open with no masks... And our numbers are a lot worse than Victoria.

I'm glad I'm not in Victoria - there has to be an element of just getting on with things. I doubt anywhere will be down to zero cases for a VERY long time - Andrew's road map is simply non-sensical.

London is generally ticking along pretty normally, albeit with masks and lots of hand washing. Restaurants are open; pubs are open (until 10pm); shopping centres are open; supermarkets are open (with a new wave of panic buying just starting up); schools fully open with no masks... And our numbers are a lot worse than Victoria.

I'm glad I'm not in Victoria - there has to be an element of just getting on with things. I doubt anywhere will be down to zero cases for a VERY long time - Andrew's road map is simply non-sensical.

I hope that life over there continues to improve.

But I feel that it's more likely our situations will be reversed in a month.

The info that Mikakos was responsible for the COVID response came from a friend who does have connections in the ALP, so, third hand but I know them too so some credibility. Can't find any evidence of this though.

You are right, had Health Minister in my head, it is the Aged Care minister federally who should resign. He should just hang his head in shame. Those calling for Andrews' resignation as Mikakos' boss should also be calling for Colbeck and Scomo to resign if they want to be consistent.

Haven't really heard much about Hunt's performance as Federal Health minister, which would be a good thing given Australia has done well in the pandemic and the media mainly reports on stuff ups. He must be doing well if the media are ignoring him!

DS
There is no doubt that the DHHS was responsible for hotel quarantine up until July when it was changed, that was announced at the time.
That doesn’t mean they don’t work with other departments and they did with Pakulas Jobs Dept, albeit unsuccessfully in hindsight.
We can only hope that out of a bad situation real reform occurs in DHHS and the way health is organised in this state. They have to take this opportunity as the public will support it. They need to bring the libs with them because the structure and dysfunction was no different under them as it has been in place for many years.