Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Well he did make the point that he tried to find out then established the enquiry for that very reason. There was an interesting back and forth about collective decision making, which is probably along the lines of what happened and is along the lines of what Sin and I referred to yesterday. Andrews acknowledged this wasn't acceptable.
Yes. There was a term used yesterday of creeping assumptions which is probably what happened.

There were probably meetings about the need for security in the quarantine hotels and because the state doesn’t have the labour required the assumption was made it would need to be contracted. That assumption becomes fact.

The Premier said that he would be very concerned if that was what happened but unfortunately Dan that is the way things do happen in the state public service. It’s also the way things happened when the libs were in power btw.

I would add that most people don’t truly understand the type of workload and pressure that was on a large number of people related to the pandemic response at that time. It was relentless but it also required quick and accurate decision making in an environment set up for long and ponderous decision making.

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds a lot like the Essendon doping scheme where nobody was responsible. He's kidding himself if he thinks this will fly. This is the end for Dan, and possibly his government.

Yeah, not sure the Essendon hierarchy ever agreed to a formal public enquiry where everyone from the top down was involved while it was all going on

Yeah, not sure the Essendon hierarchy ever agreed to a formal public enquiry where everyone from the top down was involved while it was all going on

Well they had the Ziggy. This is Dan's inquiry, nobody's going to throw Dan under the bus and it's not going to find Dan culpable.

Absolute shitshow. Dan is toast.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Well they had the Ziggy. This is Dan's inquiry, nobody's going to throw Dan under the bus and it's not going to find Dan culpable.

Absolute shitshow. Dan is toast.

Compare the access to government in this enquiry composted to the Ruby Princess one where no politicians fronted.

Dan knew this inquiry would see Jenny gone. Appears he thinks the people will cop a leader who pleads ignorance rather than straight out incompetence.

Compare the access to government in this enquiry composted to the Ruby Princess one where no politicians fronted.

Are these the standards we should accept?

I’m sick and tired of these public service clowns and MP’s just taking us for granted. I just don’t see any decency in how they are treating us. The health of our most vulnerable in nursing homes should be a priority (Federal Government minister should be sacked).

How does one get sacked in the public service? Job for life?

It shouldn’t matter which party you more closely identify with, we should as a public be making sure our Government’s are accountable. In fact it’s a lot more powerful when you hold your own party to account.

Are these the standards we should accept?

I’m sick and tired of these public service clowns and MP’s just taking us for granted. I just don’t see any decency in how they are treating us. The health of our most vulnerable in nursing homes should be a priority (Federal Government minister should be sacked).

How does one get sacked in the public service? Job for life?

It shouldn’t matter which party you more closely identify with, we should as a public be making sure our Government’s are accountable. In fact it’s a lot more powerful when you hold your own party to account.
Andrews can say he's not responsible and he doesn't know who is responsible until the cows come home but the fact remains, as Premier, he is accountable for what has happened.
If he's not willing to acknowledge that and thinks that throwing some people under a bus makes it all go away then all the good work he's done during this crisis is irretrievably tarnished.

Reactions: 1 users
12 new cases, 1 death. As tough as this lockdown has been (I live alone, so believe me, I know how tough it's been), Victorians have been overwhelmingly brilliant.

Dan knew this inquiry would see Jenny gone. Appears he thinks the people will cop a leader who pleads ignorance rather than straight out incompetence.

Proven correct already.

She didn't go down quietly.
Her statement is typical of her and it’s why she lost the support of the sector long ago. When something goes wrong she immediately blames people for not briefing her properly or tries to find someone to throw under the bus. Even in her statement she is doing it again.

• Wow
Her statement is typical of her and it’s why she lost the support of the sector long ago. When something goes wrong she immediately blames people for not briefing her properly or tries to find someone to throw under the bus. Even in her statement she is doing it again.
It seems she’s been thrown under the karma bus by Dan.

Different factions which is why she was there in the first place
The ALP and its factions are ridiculous. Not only do they have to get enough swing votes to beat the coalition and ward off the greens for the far left vote; when they actually win an election they’re till fighting with each other for positions within the government. No wonder they seem so dysfunctional.

Not that the coalition is any better in that regard. It’s a shame we don’t have a viable opposition in Victoria. This inquiry has brought to light the complete contempt and disregard in which the government holds the Victorian public. The responses of ministers and senior bureaucrats to the inquiry have been an abject embarrassment and have highlighted mismanagement and incompetence of the highest order. Yet they may well survive despite themselves.

A very sad state of affairs; very disillusioned by the whole thing.

Reactions: 3 users