Changes v Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Saints

hopefully knights ellis and conca can have great games in the reserves and be ready to take newman and gordon place the following week

i guess with mcdonough lambert and mcdonough we don't want to many new kids at once ???..is that the thinking? because buggered if i can figure why newsman in particular is getting game

While we're winning happy for gordonzola to keep his spot. He had a good game 2 weeks ago, and got a bit of it last week too, I'm sure you can remember all of his disposals ... I can (shudders).

But a stretch for him to gain confidence . I'm not against that.

Good changes. Newman next.

I really don't wanna be that guy, but I'm not sure about these changes.

It's great that McDonough and Lennon get a gig, I am just very concerned about our forward line.

We literally have one forward in the forward line. Jack.

Hampson, Gordon, Newman are just not instinctive goal kickers. Miles, deledio, Martin all are wonderful players but we know they will just rotate through mid, and be bit part players.

I would have loved to see Astbury or McBean in for Newman. We're finally playing on a dry deck, and we have Jack as our only tall forward...and apparently Hampson ....and Jack will be playing up the ground.

Hopefully they play McDonough as a forward.

I'm probably being a bit nitpicky, the ins are bold and creative, but I can see us dominating inside 50s and really struggling to kick a winning score.

One of Lennon or McDonuts will be sub, the other will end up being subbed out. You just know it.

Coburgtiger said:

It's great that McDonough and Lennon get a gig, I am just very concerned about our forward line.

Hampson, Gordon, Newman are just not instinctive goal kickers. Miles, deledio, Martin all are wonderful players but we know they will just rotate through mid, and be bit part players.

I would have loved to see Astbury or McBean in for Newman. We're finally playing on a dry deck, and we have Jack as our only tall forward...and apparently Hampson ....and Jack will be playing up the ground.

I'm probably being a bit nitpicky, the ins are bold and creative, but I can see us dominating inside 50s and really struggling to kick a winning score.

Agree, would far prefer to see McBean in than Hampson.

Looking forward to seeing Guts and Lennon up forward though.

Tiger Tuff. said:
One of Lennon or McDonuts will be sub, the other will end up being subbed out. You just know it.

Hope not
The sub should be Newman
Give the younger guys a go

Pleased to see McD in the side. Would like to see him play forward
Surely Chris newmans arm chair ride at the selection table can't last much longer

Changes are too late in my opinion. Should have used this set of 3 easier games to give some of these guys a good run at it before we play the top sides again.

Coburgtiger said:

McDonough should not be sub as he would also be a rotating mid with Dusty and Lids in attack. Gordon should be good enough on the flanks and I agree that Beano would've been good for this indoor game against a weaker opponent, but Hampo earned his spot last week.

Good to see Morris out, and Newman should be the sub as he's getting older and fading out. A bit like Gia was for the Dogs.

Picked a running side Deledio Martin even Lennon could all play out of the goal square also I think Maric might spend time deep forward has good hands and generally good kick for goal.

Coburgtiger said:
Nah, he probably just watches the games.

:hihi

Hampson can take a clunk but dosen't kick straight generally.

I've no idea of Lennon's VFL form but I hope he can hold his spot for the rest of the year, had high hopes pre-season.

Maddona deserves his opportunity too from vfl reports..