Changes v Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Saints

Pretty happy with the changes. McDonna and Lennon need game time to assess their long term prospects, especially McDonna. Not sure why sticking with Newmo, would be better to play Beano as a 2nd fwd. Hampster did enough to keep his spot.

Happy with ins.

Good to see McD and Lennon.

Newman lucky!

Goddard and McCartin ins for Saints. Young kids too. Goddard debuts. Good kid this one.

Love to see Lennnon, McD and Lambert show some good signs on Sunday. They don't have to set the world on fire but contribute some way to a solid win.

Coburgtiger said:
I really don't wanna be that guy, but I'm not sure about these changes.

It's great that McDonough and Lennon get a gig, I am just very concerned about our forward line.

We literally have one forward in the forward line. Jack.

Hampson, Gordon, Newman are just not instinctive goal kickers. Miles, deledio, Martin all are wonderful players but we know they will just rotate through mid, and be bit part players.

I would have loved to see Astbury or McBean in for Newman. We're finally playing on a dry deck, and we have Jack as our only tall forward...and apparently Hampson ....and Jack will be playing up the ground.

Hopefully they play McDonough as a forward.

I'm probably being a bit nitpicky, the ins are bold and creative, but I can see us dominating inside 50s and really struggling to kick a winning score.

I feel a bit the same, but i'm stoked for Lennon and McDonough.
Dimma wants to see how Ivan and Hampson combine together which is fair enough.
If he brought in McBean or Astbury, one of Lennon or McDonough misses out, so on that basis i'm happy.

Huzzah.

Good times.

Great selection.

Convinced Newman will go next.

It's happening.

Good idea to wait for Beano to kick his 100th against Port this week and bring him in for Freo next week.

Good changes.

However, if leysy takes one football opinion to the well - It's that Hampson and Maric will never ever work together in the same side over even a short period of time.

Leysy Days said:
Good changes.

However, if leysy takes one football opinion to the well - It's that Hampson and Maric will never ever work together in the same side over even a short period of time.
Yep, Hampy will be a liability if put up forward which means he,lol probably have to go to the bench which almost makes you 1 down in rotation.

Well, I just hope that it's not a revolving door for Matt & Ben, given the number of free games that Steve has managed this year I really hope they are given at least 3-4 games each.

I know that is including Freo, Hawks and Crows, but if your willing to persist with Morris, Newman, Gordon for games on end with little return then surely they deserve a crack.

Leysy Days said:
Good changes.

agree. hopefully a one-off. But who knows? It might be some kind of weird Grenville-Dietrich-esque cult-figure effectiveness.