Changes v Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Saints

Tames said:
Same, but don't mind rewarding Hamper for his game last week.
I don't see why it has to be one or the other. You could easily play both. We had 4 talls when Vickery, Maric and Griff all played alongside Jack.

so our preferred tall forward line up is

Vickery, Griff, Riewoldt

this week

Hampson, Gordon, Riewoldt

certainly a different look to our forward talls

puregreen said:
Well, I just hope that it's not a revolving door for Matt & Ben, given the number of free games that Steve has managed this year I really hope they are given at least 3-4 games each.

I know that is including Freo, Hawks and Crows, but if your willing to persist with Morris, Newman, Gordon for games on end with little return then surely they deserve a crack.
Be better for their development to have Matt and Ben play sides like the Hawks and the Dockers, win or lose, than it is to trot out the same olds like Morris and Newman, one of whom surely won't be playing next year.

Yeehaa happy to see McDonough and Lennon in...
newman very very lucky but C.Ellis, Comca & Edwards will take his spot when fit.

Newman should start as sub...

Morris and newy both back men tried to be turned into forwards, failed miserably...
McDonough and Lennon give them 3-4 weeks to grow into their roles, Lennon wing/fwd and McDonough fwd/mid...

Hampson and Maric well I'm not overly happy both in the side but will say Hampson deserves another week...
If griffiths is fit next week one of Maric or Hampson will go out if they don't perform....

Ice said:

Vickery, Griff, Riewoldt

this week

I would have thought it more likely that Maric is in the forward line than the Hampervan myself.

I wonder if there will be any late changes for us if N Riewoldt doesn't play - I know its a different part of the ground but it means they will be a smaller 22 (and perhaps quicker) if he is out

two of St Kilda emergencies not playing for Sandy today.

Schnieder and Membrey not playing

Ice said:

Vickery, Griff, Riewoldt

this week

Might be a good opportunity though - but without Hammer rotating through the forward line for me.

We have an at times desperate need for space in the forward line - so play Jack and Gordo - and rotate Trent, Lids and Dusty through - everyone else needs to clear out!

year of the tiger said:
I wonder if there will be any late changes for us if N Riewoldt doesn't play - I know its a different part of the ground but it means they will be a smaller 22 (and perhaps quicker) if he is out

You'd think Membrey would be a similar replacement if Nick doesn't make it.

Guess playing the 2 rucks is a good experiment for finals with both Sandy and Nic Tac . Hope the plan works other wise sub my be a good option Go Tigers!

Leysy Days said:
Wont work Perv.

Will be interesting to watch (in a I hope this doesn't burn us kinda way) but can't help but think Hampster is a crap kick for goal as a forward and Ivan is a bit slow as a forward with all the up and down the ground forwards do nowadays.

Problem is we dont have a choice this week. Ivan can't do it alone all game and with no TV and Griff we simply have to play Hamster to give Ivan a chop out. This also gives us a chance to see if Hamster can back up last weeks game and compare both rucks in a like for like situation. Luckily for us it's a good week to try it against lesser opposition (don't let me down Tigers!).

Maybe Hampson needs to play a decoy role in the forward line, and let the real forwards do their stuff.
Of course he's still a big help in giving Maric a chop out.

Still, I'm a little worried about this game. Be good to see how McDonough and Lennon go.

Bullarto Tiger said:
Going to be difficult to replace Edwards. Most likely have to find a replacement for Vickery. Would also like to drop Newman and Gordon, but not sure the depth is there in the ressies to cover five changes.

OUT: Edwards, Vickery, Morris
IN: Maric, McDonough, Lennon

Spot on BT - you called it, and quite early too - well done.

Hampster, more often than not will give us first use from the middle. Need to capitalise on this with quick ball movement. That's why Maric should be played deep, as he always provides a contest in the air. Hopefully we can capitalise on the crumbing ball.

We should have played the Bean stkilda will know all all ball will go to Jack makes us to predictable