Changes for next week Round 19 v Kochies at Moron Park. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for next week Round 19 v Kochies at Moron Park.

as much as i like Balta in the backline he will need to play forward with Koschitzke.
Can't expect Koschitzke to do all the big man stuff by himself.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
as much as i like Balta in the backline he will need to play forward with Koschitzke.
Can't expect Koschitzke to do all the big man stuff by himself.
I like Balta in defence but we have Blight ready to come back in and hopefully Big Ben's relatively poor game yesterday was an aberration so we should be able to handle Dixon and co if we drop Ryan and put Balta in the forwards.

Reactions: 2 users
My outs and im being kind. A few others could easily be dropped come on down Liam Baker and Nathan Broad..

McIntosh - he always manages to keep his spot despite numerous poor games.
Short - some of his efforts were disgraceful, he continues to stat pad and his ball use is still horribly overrated.
Sonsie - we cannot put up with efforts like that but hey we do with older types.
Ryan - Surely they can see he is no where near the level. That game is about the norm for him at AFL level.
Taranto - Gunna be missed.

Ins -

Martin - If he is invested and not injured. For Sonsie.
Smiffy - It is an official farce in the bests again. Why would you not play him instead of old Shortsteps.
McAuliffe - For Taranto at least he is a big body and senior games won't hurt him.
Blight - For Ryan allowing Balta to go back to the forward line.
Bauer - For McIntosh. Laughable that they tried flappers forward.
Trezise - starting 22.

Team something like this with a few positional changes.

Vlastuin - Miller - Broad
Trezise - Blight - SMIFFY. Stop the farce.

Rioli - McAuliffe - Ralphsmith
Nankervis - Hopper - Prestia.

Bolton - Balta - Bauer
Mansell - Kosssie - Green.

Brown - Martin - Baker - Graham

Banks

Reactions: 3 users
Barring any injuries we don't know about yet, I reckon changes this week will be minimal.

Based on Morris' VFL comments on McAuliffe having things to work on, I reckon Dow comes in for Taranto as the only other mid option available.

Being subbed out is usually a pretty good indicator, so maybe Sonsie gets a rest and Tresize takes his spot in the starting lineup. Smith to get back in as sub as he has more runs on the board than Bauer at this stage.

Reactions: 1 user
Barring any injuries we don't know about yet, I reckon changes this week will be minimal.

Based on Morris' VFL comments on McAuliffe having things to work on, I reckon Dow comes in for Taranto as the only other mid option available.

Being subbed out is usually a pretty good indicator, so maybe Sonsie gets a rest and Tresize takes his spot in the starting lineup. Smith to get back in as sub as he has more runs on the board than Bauer at this stage.
Yep. Would like to see Bauer have a couple more games.
Think your Dow/ McAuliffe analysis makes sense even if we donā€™t want/expect it to be the case in the long term. The only thing is that they might want small forward to replace Sonsie rather than Trezise.

its time to be a little ruthless
we've seen all too often guys can look great running around in the VFL but be found wanting in the AFL
think Eggmolese-Smith , Garthwaite , Callum Moore , RCD

we want to be able to sort out Smith , Green , Tresize etc all have had good blocks of VFL form

Reckon Tresize plays and we move Brown to the HFF. Needs to refocus himself on his ability to kick, thats fallen away a bit the last 5-6 weeks, as he's concentrated on defence. The defensive stuff is important, but we can't lose his ability to kick and to take those aggressive options.

Dow back and Sonsie survives off three possessions. It's dark times for the club.

Reactions: 1 users
Waiting for the joke to continue with Dow getting a re call.

Smith and Bauer in for me thanks, but likely wont happen.