CC on his last legs? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

CC on his last legs?

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
And watch Barnzy come out at the end of next year and bag these kids we pick up[late picks] this year as duds. ;)

Barnzy said:
I dunno, ask everyone else. Seems if I give my opinion on here, valid or not, it's bagged or I just get the usual petty insults.

Come on Barney, I thought you loved everyone and everyone loved you. You're all best friends as friends should be right ?

Barnzy said:
Yes, not enough picks were used in general and not enough 18 year old's were picked up in the ND. Seems you agree with me in part.

So in your opinion we should just keep recycling then like we've done in the past for all those glorious results?

I dunno, ask everyone else. Seems if a give my opinion on here, valid or not, it's bagged or I just get the usual petty insults.

RFC's problems have been caused by a lack of clear direction over a thirty year period. Too many coaches coming and going without seeing out their plans, too many adminstrators coming and going, too many boom recruits who lasted only a year or two, too many recycled players who did nothing, too many kids who did nothing, too many new directions with all the accompanying sackings, too many false starts, too much wasted money paying people out, too many factions jostling for power, too many people lost to the club. They are the goldfish of the AFL, losing all memory of the past every few years.

What it needs more than anything else is stability, a clear plan and the intestinal fortitude to stick to it. Sacking everyone in sight again won't help, especially if they require massive payouts to convince them to leave.

Just my opinion again.

LOL@ near sackable.
You don,t survive in the AFL industry for as long as CC has if he,s not up to it.

Not really, the name Greg Miller ring a bell?

As for CC, I don't think he has set the world on fire. We certainly haven't cut through the list hard enough nor we have done enough in the National draft. Sacakble? Not yet but not doing enough at the minute.

TOT70 said:
RFC's problems have been caused by a lack of clear direction over a thirty year period. Too many coaches coming and going without seeing out their plans, too many adminstrators coming and going, too many boom recruits who lasted only a year or two, too many recycled players who did nothing, too many kids who did nothing, too many new directions with all the accompanying sackings, too many false starts, too much wasted money paying people out, too many factions jostling for power, too many people lost to the club. They are the goldfish of the AFL, losing all memory of the past every few years.

What it needs more than anything else is stability, a clear plan and the intestinal fortitude to stick to it. Sacking everyone in sight again won't help, especially if they require massive payouts to convince them to leave.

Just my opinion again.

Agree, not going to sack someone for sake of sacking someone but if they're incompetent at their job they have to go. Last year's draft suggests CC isn't great but lets see if he's learned from his mistakes. As I said before, this draft will make or break him, let's hope he enters it with a new plan and direction.

SCOOP said:

As for CC, I don't think he has set the world on fire. We certainly haven't cut through the list hard enough nor we have done enough in the National draft. Sacakble? Not yet but not doing enough at the minute.
Greg Miller?What 21 odd yrs in the industry not long enough?
Havn,t cut the list hard enough?You can only cut as much as the "system" allows you.Not to mention list management.
8 to 9 this year is acceptable don,t you think?

Greg Miller?What 21 odd yrs in the industry not long enough?
Havn,t cut the list hard enough?You can only cut as much as the "system" allows you.Not to mention list management.
8 to 9 this year is acceptable don,t you think?

He's talking about last year.

Of course he is but what Cameron and team do this year is just as relevant, isn't it?

Barnzy, its all well and good to point the finger at CC and say it was his fault that we didn't do this or that, but I wonder if you realise that one TW would have had a fair say in the make up of the list. He would have been the one who did the review of players along with CC and would have suggested that certain players should be retained. So its not like CC acted on his own, there was another that would have had an input into what happened and that guy has been moved on.

Notice the difference this year with Hardwick coming in and saying I want to draft kids, we made small nothing trades that netted us 2 extra picks and a player who fills a hole in defence and lost nothing more than a couple of list cloggers in the process. This year we look like taking up to 10 teenagers through the drafts (national and rookie drafts) add that to the group that TOT already mentioned and we have plenty of youth on our list.

Disco08 said:
Of course he is but what Cameron and team do this year is just as relevant, isn't it?

Relevant, yes but the damage has already been done. Time for CC to rectify this.

Ruthless Tiger said:
Barnzy, its all well and good to point the finger at CC and say it was his fault that we didn't do this or that, but I wonder if you realise that one TW would have had a fair say in the make up of the list. He would have been the one who did the review of players along with CC and would have suggested that certain players should be retained. So its not like CC acted on his own, there was another that would have had an input into what happened and that guy has been moved on.

Notice the difference this year with Hardwick coming in and saying I want to draft kids, we made small nothing trades that netted us 2 extra picks and a player who fills a hole in defence and lost nothing more than a couple of list cloggers in the process. This year we look like taking up to 10 teenagers through the drafts (national and rookie drafts) add that to the group that TOT already mentioned and we have plenty of youth on our list.

Terry Wallace told CC to only take 3 picks and 2 18 year old's in the draft last year when he knows little to nothing about it? I don't think so. CC is the list manager, he makes those kind of calls. TW would've been involved in the trading though.

SCOOP said:

Agree, struggled in his list management role thus far for leysy. Needs to lift, be stronger & show more foresight. Been underwhelming in that role thus far.
& Barnzy is right on Last years draft national draft, it could hold a poor legacy for CC. He does seemed to have improved his thinking this off-season.

There will also be opportunities with the new teams coming in. Hopefully CC has the lateral thinking to take advantage of these.

He looks to have done a better job in his football managers role though. The senior coaching process was thorough & on the face of it the assistants we have lured look OK. However the proof of all that process hasn't even began yet. It will depend on how Hardwick & his staff take the club along. None of us know the results of that process yet.

Barnzy said:
Terry Wallace told CC to only take 3 picks and 2 18 year old's in the draft when he knows little to nothing about it? I don't think so.
:brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall

:brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall

I take it that you disagree with what I just said? CC has most of the say over the draft.

Barnzy said:
Terry Wallace told CC to only take 3 picks and 2 18 year old's in the draft last year when he knows little to nothing about it? I don't think so. CC is the list manager, he makes those kind of calls. TW would've been involved in the trading though.
So CC acts on his own with no input from anyone else. If you think thats the case then you're kidding yourself.

Barnzy said:
Relevant, yes but the damage has already been done. Time for CC to rectify this.

I agree in hindsight that trading for Thomson was probably a mistake. Other than that, what real damage was done? North are being congratulated for their nous in taking Anthony at pick 43, but that kid's only a little younger than Thomson. Taking Hislop at 58 also doesn't seem like a massive problem given the general consensus was that he was a first round talent in a strong draft only two years ago. Trying to turn around perceived attitude problems seems a decent risk to take with such a late pick.

The real damage was done in previous years if you ask me.

Ruthless Tiger said:
So CC acts on his own with no input from anyone else. If you think thats the case then you're kidding yourself.

Where did I say he acted on his own? I said he has most of the say over the draft, which he does. Also, the direction the club wants to head in with regards to the list, after all he is the list manager.

Barnzy said:
I take it that you disagree with what I just said? CC has most of the say over the draft.
One would think the person who would have most say come draft day is Francis Jackson followed by the coach.
The only time CC would come into the draft is if a recylced is considered.CC would have to do the sums etc.