Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-coach-mick-malthouse-fires-back-at-criticism-levelled-by-former-blues-champion-robert-walls/story-fni5f5nx-1226698397822

"CARLTON coach Mick Malthouse has taken aim at the critics, saying former Blues captain Robert Walls wallowed in his own misery and that the constant references to rebuilding were off the mark.

Walls, a Carlton premiership player and coach, wrote this week that the Blues had gone backwards this season under Malthouse's coaching.

''I'm so used to Robert Walls being a critic, I've fair dinkum had Robbie Walls for -- let me see how long have I coached for? -- oh well, long enough to know that Robert is a very negative person,'' Malthouse said after Friday morning's training session.

''So I take absolute nothing in what Robert says. He lives in his own misery and so be it.''

They just eat their own over at scum park, don't they. :hihi

If we are a truly top 4 team then we will belt the scum..........if we just beat them then good win...........if we loose then we are merely so so.......

tiges said:
I have a bad gut feel the carltscum will
Do us over tmrw .

Don't know. Sounds like a bit of biffo within the sanction of the CFC spilling into the media.
Reminds me of a certain club i use to know.

Hope they keep punching themselves up.

Rob Walls is right to an extent. Last year there was the excuse of injuries used. I thought it was fair enough...not too many coaches would have got a better result than poor old Ratten did. This year there have been less injuries and it's gone a similar way to 2012.

I don't think it's Mick's fault. The group have gone backwards I'll agree wholeheartedly with...but not exclusively 'under Malthouse'. As for Malthouse, he's only been there for 20 games. Like him or not, I think he deserves the same 'grace' as many other coaches get when they step into a new club, regardless of the context of why and how they were employed in the first place.

I feel a bit for Mick that he's been given a lot of criticism this year which a lot of other coaches have escaped for a long time. Forget about off the field controversy at Essendon for the minute...when was the last time someone put the coaching blowtorch on James Hird for example, whose record has been similar to that of previous coach Matthew Knights? Why are people so quick to say that the Blues have gone backwards or around the same under Malthouse as they were with Ratten, when, for years now, the same has been happening at Essendon?

Malthouse is a lot of things...but geez, give the guy a break.

BluesBloke said:
As for Malthouse, he's only been there for 20 games. Like him or not, I think he deserves the same 'grace' as many other coaches get when they step into a new club, regardless of the context of why and how they were employed in the first place.

You don't think people had the right to expect better, given the messy dispatching of Ratten, and Malthouse's huge pay packet and immediate impact at his other clubs? I wouldn't have money on him surviving beyond the next 12 months.

That said, I'm very wary about today's game. Similar to last year, Carlton is seen to have named a weak side, yet it has age and experience over Richmond's. This match concerns me more than e.g. the Adelaide, North or Brisbane games. $4.20 the under 39.5 is value I reckon.

BluesBloke said:
I don't think it's Mick's fault. The group have gone backwards I'll agree wholeheartedly with...but not exclusively 'under Malthouse'. As for Malthouse, he's only been there for 20 games. Like him or not, I think he deserves the same 'grace' as many other coaches get when they step into a new club, regardless of the context of why and how they were employed in the first place.

Malthouse is a lot of things...but geez, give the guy a break.

Like the grace Hardwick was shown in his first few games coaching us? Worse than Fitzroy, betting agencies paying out on us winning the spoon after 8-9 games etc. Why should malthouse be given the grace others weren't afforded? He knew what the list was like. Didn't he say they would be finals contenders, not just finals but do some damage? Hardwick never made those claims when he signed up yet was pilloried and blasted. Not saying mick doesn't deserve the chance, but the results aren't there atm and he deserves all the crap that gets thrown his way. Plus he's a grumpy old fart :hihi
oh, btw, happy birthday mick :partyfest
;D

Essendon and Carlton's seasons have gone way better than I was hoping. Now for the Pies to exit he finals in the first week with us winning and it will be brilliant.

Who would have thought 3 years ago that in 2013 we'd be the only Big 4 team in the 2nd week of the finals ?