Barry Hall | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Barry Hall

walhalla tiger said:
Just a quick note to all who pooh poohed suggestions made to secure his services. People can, and do, change. Also, I predict that Footscray will go through undefeated and win the flag. Hall will win the Coleman medal.
Gong

zippadeee said:
he is 5 seconds away from biffing someone, everything is rosy now just wait till they are down 5 goals and he hasnt touched it... get out of his way.
Undeafeted?, they will be lucky if they win round 1

So how is Baz travelling after 6 games? He's kicked 3 v Collingwood, 1 v Richmond, 6 v Hawthorn, 4 v Brisbane, 5 v Adelaide and 1 v St Kilda for a total of 20.

In hindsight he lost the game for them with that free reversal when the Doggies would've been about four goals up and with the momentum instead Saints goaled and the rest is history

houdini said:
he is better than any forward we have
Yes he is at the present time. We need to build for the future & Bazza is only good for 1 or 2 years. Let's wait & see what our youngsters have to offer over the next few years.
It was time for us to develope some yopung talent. Wallace was not interested in looking long term, thankfully Hardwick is.

That whole farce today during that game epitomizes all that is wrong with the game of Aussie Rules .....

If a player of the likes of that Thompson can get away with what he was doing and be allowed to do it more importantly, then I see little hope for this game to ever improve and go places.

Disgraceful, that a guy can be put on the field with no other purpose than to try and get an opposition player to lose his cool and beat the crap out of him

God I longed for the good old days and wished to see that Thompson kid carted off on his back, his effort was deserving of nothing less.

This crap of guys elbowing and pushing and shoving has to be stopped, I equate it to the diving seen in soccer these days....truely an eyesore on the game.

contact within 5 metres of the ball only....... anything else, free kick, that would soon put these guys that cant play on notice and back playing in their home towns where they belong anyway !!!

mb64 said:

Yes I made that prediction. *smile* weak north defender and deserved what he got. after barry let him go I'm sure he wanted to come out, as he really enjoyed lying on Barry

jackfrost said:
That whole farce today during that game epitomizes all that is wrong with the game of Aussie Rules .....

If a player of the likes of that Thompson can get away with what he was doing and be allowed to do it more importantly, then I see little hope for this game to ever improve and go places.

Disgraceful, that a guy can be put on the field with no other purpose than to try and get an opposition player to lose his cool and beat the crap out of him

God I longed for the good old days and wished to see that Thompson kid carted off on his back, his effort was deserving of nothing less.

This crap of guys elbowing and pushing and shoving has to be stopped, I equate it to the diving seen in soccer these days....truely an eyesore on the game.

contact within 5 metres of the ball only....... anything else, free kick, that would soon put these guys that cant play on notice and back playing in their home towns where they belong anyway !!!

Fair enough, but I could not believe Eade's comments after the game about Barry needing more protection. I have always felt that coaches making these sorts of comments are just asking for much more of the same.

Streak said:
Fair enough, but I could not believe Eade's comments after the game about Barry needing more protection. I have always felt that coaches making these sorts of comments are just asking for much more of the same.

Nick Reiwoldt gets protection from the umps for the sort of thing Thompson was dishing out to Hall, so why shouldn't other key forwards be afforded the same treatment.

Eade asking for more protection on Barry Hall and rightly so. Umpire protection. Blokes can niggle him as much as they like, pressing his buttons, as soon as Baz protects himself he gets reported. Absolute farce.
I wish the Baz was a tiger!

IanG said:
Nick Reiwoldt gets protection from the umps for the sort of thing Thompson was dishing out to Hall, so why shouldn't other key forwards be afforded the same treatment.

I don't disagree. What I mean is that when a coach comes out and states something like this in the media, I feel it is counterproductive.

If you had to play on Hall next week, what would you do. I'd be doing what Thompson did and then some. If I can't upset Bazza, I might just upset Eade.

mld said:
North are certainly playing in the style of their coach.
I hope the nth player who dropped his knee on a doggies head gets weeks. weak act. high and intentional.

If Hall gets weeks, then we might as well let guys like that North weak runt, steven baker, hayben ballentyne etc do what they like and get away with it. Hall didnt strike him and it was wrestling, not rough conduct.

Didn't think Hall did much wrong, or Thompson for that matter. Once upon a time this sort of stuff would be lucky to make the highlights clip; now it's a sensational incident. Hall will probably get a week or two and the legislation-prone AFL will contrive new rules regarding players leaving the ground etc.

mld said:
North are certainly playing in the style of their coach.

Scott thinks footy is all about playing the man. He looks clueless when they show him in the coaches box.
He forgets there is a game to be won and you cant win without kicking a wining score.