Barry Hall | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Barry Hall

Ian4 said:
dogs were dumb. they should have made a play for fev. would have got 5 years out of him instead of 1-2 for hall. seriously, its this year or nothing for the dogs. their window is closed if they don't go all the way.

Agree. Their 2 main goalkickers for the last couple of years in Johnson and Aker are well over 30 and now Hall at 33. Not to mention the core of their team is made up of 27-30 year old's, oldest list in the comp If I'm not mistaken. Now or never for them, last year before it's rebuild time and it's not a good time for that as we all know. I personally think this is all a big overreaction given it's the NAB Cup, don't think they are odds on to win the flag by any means.

Pretty amusing people writing off the dogs that this is there last year for a tilt.

They are extremely well setup to be a power for many years to come. Better than there current flag counterparts ILO.

Ian4 said:
dogs were dumb. they should have made a play for fev. would have got 5 years out of him instead of 1-2 for hall. seriously, its this year or nothing for the dogs. their window is closed if they don't go all the way.

Geez I'd like to revisit that post come September - Hall is a great fit for the Bulldogs, and coached by his former coach to boot. Bullies have tried a few retreads, Welsh, McDougall come to mind, but with Barry Hall they have a genuine intimidation factor surrounded by class. The Tiges were never a chance to get Barry, with Eade being the key. Besides, Barry Hall would have been even more frustrated on our list - would have been a dumb recruitment - makes you wonder though, if it was so dumb, why didn't we do it :eek:

Doubt the Bullies will go through undefeated, but a last Saturday in September game is looking a real chance now. Always a Tiger supporter, but I'm on the Bullies too this year!

Ian4 said:

They would have had to off-load Brian Lake in order for that to happen.
Fev's salary is about 700k a year to Hall's guesstimated 350.
So far who can argue he's not looking like great value?

Leysy Days said:
Pretty amusing people writing off the dogs that this is there last year for a tilt.

They are extremely well setup to be a power for many years to come. Better than there current flag counterparts ILO.

Agree daisy. Did you take a piece of the 20/1?
He's sure dining out on the silver service.

Yes mate, had a dabble when we posted about it.

See you didnt. :( Wouldnt fret yet, its far from across the line.

TigerMasochist said:
Could you imagine how many opposition defenders he'd belt the crap out of if he had to cop a few years of our round in circles, via the cape turnover footy.
Imagine how many of our own he would have knocked out preseason with the round in circles, via the cape turnover footy.

Should have been part of Hardwick’s preseason program. – “ok lads, Barry has been instructed to punch out anyone who frustrates him by continuingly missing targets and playing indirect football.”

Be a few sore heads down Tigerland.

Leysy Days said:

Gotta be kidding. In 2 years time we have:

Johnson 35, Hall 35, Akermanis 33, Eagleton 33, Hudson 33, Hahn 30, Gilbee 30, Hargrave 30, Lake 30, Giansiracusa 30, Murphy 29, Boyd 29, , Morris 29, Cross 29

There is no way in the compromised years ahead (next 4 years) that Bulldogs finishing high on the ladder are going to be able to replace some of these quality players. Bulldogs have a 2 year winbdow maximum, after that they are gone no matter how well some of their juniors might improve. Just won't have the depth.

GoodOne said:

Johnson 35, Hall 35, Akermanis 33, Eagleton 33, Hudson 33, Hahn 30, Gilbee 30, Hargrave 30, Lake 30, Giansiracusa 30, Murphy 29, Boyd 29, , Morris 29, Cross 29

There is no way in the compromised years ahead (next 4 years) that Bulldogs finishing high on the ladder are going to be able to replace some of these quality players. Bulldogs have a 2 year winbdow maximum, after that they are gone no matter how well some of their juniors might improve. Just won't have the depth.

Exactly. All their core players in that lot. They will quickly go from top 4 to being uncompetitive because they are forced to play kids with little to no AFL experience. Well placed, I think not.

I think the Dogs are a real flag chance this year, but let's face it if they can't snag a Premiership in the next couple of years then the window will be well and truly slammed shut for some time to come. Hall has at best 2 years left in him. The Dogs are about the only side he could fit into comfortably.

CarnTheTiges said:
I think the Dogs are a real flag chance this year, but let's face it if they can't snag a Premiership in the next couple of years then the window will be well and truly slammed shut for some time to come. Hall has at best 2 years left in him. The Dogs are about the only side he could fit into comfortably.

They haven't won won for 50 odd years and after three years of sustained success, are in the box seat to win one.
I wish we had their woes!!

GoodOne said:

So in two years they will have lost Johnson, Aker, Hall, Eagleton & Hudson. The rest will still be playing good to excellent football.

They also have 3 who will be absolute elite onballers in Ward, Higgins & Cooney to build there midfield around. (What hurts is that Ward & Higgins could easily have been tigers, instead we have JON & Sanchez to show.) These are 3 players that any team would love as there best 3 young mids going forward. Ward would be leysy's choice to be the single best player taken in his draft.

They have also been stockpiling highly reated young talls taken early over the past seasons. Guys like Cordy, Grant & Roughead are bubbling away being developed at there own pace without being rushed like teams such as us have no option on.

Mark leysy's words Very well placed for a long consistent period of challenging are the dogs.

Leysy Days said:
So in two years they will have lost Johnson, Aker, Hall, Eagleton & Hudson. The rest will still be playing good to excellent football.

They also have 3 who will be absolute elite onballers in Ward, Higgins & Cooney to build there midfield around. (What hurts is that Ward & Higgins could easily have been tigers, instead we have JON & Sanchez to show.) These are 3 players that any team would love as there best 3 young mids going forward. Ward would be leysy's choice to be the single best player taken in his draft.

They have also been stockpiling highly reated young talls taken early over the past seasons. Guys like Cordy, Grant & Roughead are bubbling away being developed at there own pace without being rushed like teams such as us have no option on.

Mark leysy's words Very well placed for a long consistent period of challenging are the dogs.

No team has all their youngsters develop to be successful AFL players. Unfortunately 3 midfielders dont make a premiership team. There is no way in 2, then 3, then 4 years that Bulldogs will replace the 14 or so players I mentioned. Mark goodone's words, dogs have a 2 to 3 year window max for their chance at a premiership.

Mmmm. l will anwser this at the end of round 22..
So if Barry gets reported, then he hasn't changed..
But good luck to Barry and his family..

B2

GoodOne said:
No team has all their youngsters develop to be successful AFL players. Unfortunately 3 midfielders dont make a premiership team. There is no way in 2, then 3, then 4 years that Bulldogs will replace the 14 or so players I mentioned. Mark goodone's words, dogs have a 2 to 3 year window max for their chance at a premiership.

They will have many more than 3 midfielders. Just that they have the next batch to lead them already up & going.

Time will tell. Already jumped from 2 years max to now maybe 3 leysy see's. ;D

This the Dog's last year before their window well and truly closes then it's rebuild time.