Anything could happen this year | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anything could happen this year

But 2 of those 4 were last year :)
FWIW, I reckon we are about where I predicted at the start of the season. 1-1 with freo is expected. The wins in Port, Sydney and v Hawthorn were unexpected , and the losses to Melbourne, Doggies and West Coast were unexpected.

Leysy Days said:
Every year the same prognosis is said - "This is the year the bottom half of the eight come through".

Every year - The top 4 team that lose first final "They are gone"

Every year - more often than not the top 4 end of season finish top 4 at end of finals.

To back this up: Since the current finals series finished in 2000 - Only 4 out of 60 sides that have finished 5 through 8 have made the prelim. Of those 4 NONE have made it to the GF.

Yes that rule will be broken at some stage, but it's obvious it is critical to finish Top 4 is a must to be any realistic chance of challenging.

It's why us being likely to finish 1 game short two years out of three leaves us with plenty of what-if's.

Last year there was 2. New trend?

The years it happened previous were 2000, 2007 then 2014.

If we are looking for a trend next is 2021, not 2015 ;D

Leysy Days said:
The years it happened previous were 2000, 2007 then 2014.

If we are looking for a trend next is 2021, not 2015 ;D

7 year cycle hey.

Running then on the same cycle as you backing a winner? (Surely the Angel Cabrera funds have run out now)