Anything could happen this year | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anything could happen this year

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
2015 shapes as the most exciting final series in a long time. We have a ladder leader who many think can't win the flag, a defending champion who look beatable and some of the best footy being played by clubs not in the top 4.

I just have a feeling that something unusual is going to happen. Adelaide is playing as well as anyone right now, we have proved we can beat anyone on our day, North are a preliminery finalist last year and West Coast are looking ominous as well. The Dogs just keep on winning.

Could this be the year that someone wins it from outside the top 4 ? I have a feeling that it won't be Hawthorn's year but if not then who ?

Fantastic season.

Only downside of the season I think is two weeks to go and seems no one outside the eight can make it. Possible but unlikey

My only concern is that Richmond appears to match up and play better against any of the top four than the bottom four (of which we will be a part).

Adelaide, North and the Bullies could all easily rip us a new one - again in the first week of finals.

If we can win in the first week then it really is game on.

The game in a couple of weeks time will be instructive. Took my dad to the game in Hobart... would hate to see that match repeated in the finals.

Sintiger said:
2015 shapes as the most exciting final series in a long time. We have a ladder leader who many think can't win the flag, a defending champion who look beatable and some of the best footy being played by clubs not in the top 4.

I just have a feeling that something unusual is going to happen. Adelaide is playing as well as anyone right now, we have proved we can beat anyone on our day, North are a preliminery finalist last year and West Coast are looking ominous as well. The Dogs just keep on winning.

Could this be the year that someone wins it from outside the top 4 ? I have a feeling that it won't be Hawthorn's year but if not then who ?

Fantastic season.
Yep, bloody wide open finals series this year. No surprise if a team outside the four pinches a flag or a couple of top fours go out in straight sets. Main decider could simply be which team matches up best rather than experience or home final.

for me its between eagles and crows and dogs...with tigers an outside smokey

be interesting to see the dogs eagles game today

Norf just got over Freo.
Remember we had 6 posters and so many missed shots at goal and were a five goal better team all game.

Adelaide half the team had bird flu(feasting on Hawthorn) and looked tired and sick.

We are up to this season in our eyeballs.

All I know is it will be Richmond versus the World for the remaining games.

Eat em alive!

My biggest fear is getting beaten by the Roos, must some how break the hoo Doo week 1 then anything can happen, the ageing Hawks still deserve to be favourites but there's no super team out there

CC TIGER said:
My biggest fear is getting beaten by the Roos, must some how break the hoo Doo week 1 then anything can happen, the ageing Hawks still deserve to be favourites but there's no super team out there

Agree CC, North have been our bogey team but after what we did to the Pies yesterday I get the feeling this team doesn't believe in Hoo doos anymore.

It will be interesting how we go about things if we have to play North two weeks in a row.

Yep it looks open, though getting over West Coast in Perth looks the toughest gig in September.

Will be all about taking our opportunities as it will be for all finalists.

Not much separating any of the top 8

best case scenario is we finish 4th and beat an average Freo in the first week - then it'll be all games at the G to the flag. Rance, Dusty, Ivan, Deledio are all clicking about now. We need Jack, Cotch, Miles, Shed and others to join them and anything is possible.

I feel as if we are at a card table with 5 other players and we have 3 Kings.
Confident with my hand but I know it can be beaten.

Our recent record versus other potential finalists

Adelaide - LWWLWW
Fremantle - LWLW
Geelong - LLLLLLLLLLL
Hawthorn - WLWW
North - LLLLL
Sydney -WWLLWWLW
Western - LLWWW
WCE - LWWLLWLWW

Tigers of Old said:
We've got to beat whoever we play 1st in the finals. No excuses.
So true. Coming up with a hypothetical opponent is pointless. We have to take and beat whoever we are up against and we do have that ability if the team comes to play.

This is going to be a cracker of a finals season. We're 5th with two weeks go and locked into the 8. As someone else said we're right in this up to our eyeballs.

What were we 2-4 and looking like we were going up and down on the spot.

Great turnaround but still reckon the sleeping giant hasn't fully awakened just yet.

could this be the finals series that we finally say to the football world that we have arrived.

Time will tell.

CarnTheTiges said:
This is going to be a cracker of a finals season. We're 5th with two weeks go and locked into the 8. As someone else said we're right in this up to our eyeballs.

We aren't locked in.
We're just highly unlikely to miss.
And I've seen us blow it before.
I Don't really think richmond 2015 will muff it though.

DirtyDogTiger said:
We aren't locked in.
We're just highly unlikely to miss.
And I've seen us blow it before.
I Don't really think richmond 2015 will muff it though.
Have to be some fairly interesting scenarios involving other results to see us knocked out.