Andrew 'Mini' McQualter | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew 'Mini' McQualter

Just heard on trade radio… via Sam Edmund that both baker and graham will now nominate west coast… eagle now looking to do a puck swap for pick 3 to get 2 later first rounders to get the baker deal done.. or get it done directly with us for a pick swap and baker…

Reactions: 1 users
Eagles started their rebuild a few years before us. The eagles could have another bottom 4 finish.

I am happy for Mini but he didn't get excited me when he took over as he was a Dimma clone! We all said we needed a new voice.

Hardwick left the list lopsided a bit of a mess so this draft and the next we need to fix that.

Yze will ramp it up next year no doubt. Caracalla coming back I am very happy about as he will address the game plan. Surely, we don't have as many injuries to our better players in 2025 as we did in 2024.

It will still be a bit of a tough year but so excited with the talent which is about to walk through the doors of Punt Road in this upcoming draft which is deep full of talent.

It took Hardwick when he took over from Wallace 4 years till we played finals. I have in faith in Yze and believe he will get us to our next era, he can't be judged on 1 or even 2 years but year 3 you want to see the steady climb.
Hawks took 6 years to play finals from their last finals appearance in 2018. This is Mitchell's 3rd year and they did finish bottom four in his second year.
Yes, if he had become our coach I am not sure we would have seen too much change and I don't think Tommy Hafey would have coached us to anything else but 17-18th this year with our injury list.

It all comes down to where you sit on the idea of massive change to our list. Maybe if Mini was the coach none of these players would have left and then we would have pick 1-2 and the possibility of using some of our junk picks on getting a 2nd pick in the 1st round. That would be about it.

I suspect that would make us better off in 2025 but maybe not in the long term. Who knows?

Reactions: 8 users
Yes, if he had become our coach I am not sure we would have seen too much change and I don't think Tommy Hafey would have coached us to anything else but 17-18th this year with our injury list.

It all comes down to where you sit on the idea of massive change to our list. Maybe if Mini was the coach none of these players would have left and then we would have pick 1-2 and the possibility of using some of our junk picks on getting a 2nd pick in the 1st round. That would be about it.

I suspect that would make us better off in 2025 but maybe not in the long term. Who knows?
I reckon if we had Mini, we wouldn't have bottomed out.

Reactions: 1 user
Will be an interesting watch over the next 10 years comparing Yze to Mini. Bit like the Hardwick and Hinkley comparisons. We chose right then, let's hope we have again.

Reactions: 3 users
Looks like some Snowbourne supporters are happy to see him go. Rumours Nathan Bassett will join them now as assistant. Big pressure on Goodie.

Reactions: 1 user