Andrew 'Mini' McQualter | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew 'Mini' McQualter

Unpopular opinion

Reckon picking Yze over Mini may have been a mistake.

This will be certain if Rioli and Bolton leave.
You’re probably right; I mean what reasons could Bolton and Rioli possibly have to leave other than disliking Ooze and his coaching?

Correlation equating to causation; I like it. Nice and simple.

Reactions: 2 users
You’re probably right; I mean what reasons could Bolton and Rioli possibly have to leave other than disliking Ooze and his coaching?

Correlation equating to causation; I like it. Nice and simple.

Number 1 reason people leave their jobs is a lack of belief, respect, trust, admiration for their manager

Facts are facts

• Haha
Number 1 reason people leave their jobs is a lack of belief, respect, trust, admiration for their manager

Facts are facts
Never anything to do with money, lifestyle, home sickness, opportunity, potential success. Yeah, nah. Boss is a prick, C ya I'm off.

Reactions: 3 users
When I was younger, unmarried, just started working, I left my second job & went to a similar firm which had more female employees. friday afternoons were always so good, friendly and noone really cared for their partners!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Facts are facts
There can be personality clashes (I've experienced with previous d-head managers) but for these 2 would most likely be family reasons even considering Dan is gonna marry and maybe wants to move to a warmer area of the country to start a family. Doubt Dan leaves anyway.

Facts are facts
Citing one of the many reasons why some people choose to move on from an employer doesn't in any way prove your assertion that Bolton and Rioli are wanting to move on for the same reason.

Players play for premierships, and RFC are starting a rebuild whilst those players are in their prime. Perhaps look there.

Mini had a winning record and had us playing a competitive brand of footy most weeks (even with key injuries).Yze is 2-20 and we are devoid of anything resembling a game plan, can’t attack, can’t defend….

Amazing how many have rejected to apply for this position at Wet Coke. I reckon Mini will too as he has the box seat at Snowbourne when Goodie gets sacked.

So the question remains given the likely truckloads of draft picks coming our way,and the many inexperienced currently on our list,is Yze capable to meld together a team that becomes a premiership contender?

What reasons were they? The others left for more money and better opportunities. Mini probably should’ve stayed as our coach as the players did like him, but is that enough to develop and build a team. Looking at the results under his caretaker role we were heading South anyway and a rebuild was needed and Newey was the only applicant that mentioned this. To me Newey should’ve got the job.
Yze and mini to me are probably better assistants than coaches from what they’ve displayed, but only time will tell if they can mature in the role. They both have uphill battles assuming mini gets a gig at Eagles.
He was loved by players
He was in charge of opposition analysis
Was a developer of talent
Culture creator

He knocked back carlton saints swans cats and hawks
To stay

Was dimmas chosen one to take over in 2026 but dimma left and the changes at board level pushed that plan aside

Our loss

Mini had a winning record and had us playing a competitive brand of footy most weeks (even with key injuries).Yze is 2-20 and we are devoid of anything resembling a game plan, can’t attack, can’t defend….
He also had a smaller injury list and fitter veterans.

Reactions: 1 users
So the question remains given the likely truckloads of draft picks coming our way,and the many inexperienced currently on our list,is Yze capable to meld together a team that becomes a premiership contender?
Something that's impossible to tell in the near future.
Injuries have killed his first year as coach and now the club appears to be embarking on a major rebuild.
Looks like Ouzo will get his opportunity though. Club is flat out extending contracts for our current young players and we're looking like having a fairly large swing at this years draft so Old Mate Ouzo will pretty much have a whole generation of young talent to build into our next era.

Never anything to do with money, lifestyle, home sickness, opportunity, potential success. Yeah, nah. Boss is a prick, C ya I'm off.

I suggest you do some research on this matter.

The things you mention are all factors, but relationship with your direct manager is clear number 1

Only 2 more years

but had no back up plan.

Facts are facts
Not sure corporate Australia is a good measure of behaviour and culture in professional sport in Australia.
Sure, folks leave because of a bad boss, but it's a straw man to say it's what is happening here.

He was loved by players
He was in charge of opposition analysis
Was a developer of talent
Culture creator

He knocked back carlton saints swans cats and hawks
To stay

Was dimmas chosen one to take over in 2026 but dimma left and the changes at board level pushed that plan aside

Our loss
I remember how a certain assistant coach was ready to take the over whilst our previous coach was playing hide the
Sausage Kielbasa GIF