Andrew Browne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Browne

Call me biased but I'm sorry...after what we witnessed last week if Mullet doesn't come up Monster just has to get a run. As far as faith in Coburg reports goes I've been to several Burgers games this year and left saying Browney was one of if not our best while Gus bus was very ordinary (and so have my friends who pay me out a lot over my Monster love)...then seen Graham listed in the best and at times Browney not at call. I sometimes think whoever does those things must be high on crack.

Signed at Kelior. Not going to be on the rookie list.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/localfooty/andrew-browne-to-play-for-keilor-blues-in-2013/story-fn53klea-1226511569942

Players can still be drafted anywhere if they nominate can't they?

Oh, well, after reading that it looks like he will be happy to stay at that level for at least a year.

SCOOP said:
Signed at Kelior. Not going to be on the rookie list.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/localfooty/andrew-browne-to-play-for-keilor-blues-in-2013/story-fn53klea-1226511569942

Big deal! Was never going to get Redrafted, I've seen snails move quicker.

I have to say a big thank you to Andrew Browne for the time he rucked his heart out against essendon in the DT game 2011.

Richmond 16.9 (105) Essendon 13.11 (89)

Beat the Bombers convincingly that day. Cotch won the Yiooken Award BOG.

Browne played his heart out in that game.

From one of us that was never good enough to play AFL, I say thanks Andrew. You may not have been a star but you always gave 100%.

Good luck in the future.

uhuh uhuh said:
I have to say a big thank you to Andrew Browne for the time he rucked his heart out against essendon in the DT game 2011.

From one of us that was never good enough to play AFL, I say thanks Andrew. You may not have been a star but you always gave 100%.

Good luck in the future.

Nice. I think I am the only person to award him a vote in PREmier Fighting Tiger Award.

uhuh uhuh said:

Good luck in the future.

good post. He can tell his grandkids he helped the Tiges to victory over the Bombers, tapping the ball down to triple Brownlow medalist Cotch, in front of a huge MCG crowd. Nice

uhuh uhuh said:

Good luck in the future.

Well said. Liked Browne. Recall a story that before his first game (or one of his games) he looked at all the boys and said something like "Guys I'm not the most talented footballer but I can assure you all that I will give 100% every time".
Good honest bloke and I wish him all the best for his future.

uhuh uhuh said:

Good luck in the future.
Well said - and the same for Post and all the other blokes who have been good enough to play for Richmond over the years. These blokes earn my thanks too because I'm also someone who would have loved to have been good enough but clearly wasn't within a bulls roar of it. They were and the fact they played x games is a real achievement. I don't care about the value of x.
So well done Big Browney - and well done each and every Tiger.

I'm surprised he's been let go. Had a chat to him one night at function last year and he seemed pretty confident he'd be around for the long term.

Can't help but feel that the changes to the IC rule have spelt his deathknell. Not much room anymore for the classic dinosaur ruckman.

Tigers of Old said:
I'm surprised he's been let go. Had a chat to him one night at function last year and he seemed pretty confident he'd be around for the long term.

Can't help but feel that the changes to the IC rule have spelt his deathknell. Not much room anymore for the classic dinosaur ruckman.

Today's ruckman needs to be the Cox type, not the David Hille type.

Tigers of Old said:

And ruckmen who can't jump under the new rules due next year.