Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Well that’s only an opinion for the time being.
I hope MRJ proves me wrong and start to execute the basics a lot better than he has up to now. The fact is, he hasn’t yet.

Here’s a questions for you regarding MRJ. If you care to answer! I’d be interest3d in how you view him.

Do you believe he’s a good accurate kick? He’s below average , but confidence and more experience it will build. Not an issue yet unlike Dow.
Do you believe he can consistently kick it over 35m with any accuracy? See above.
Do you think he’s a good kick for goal? See above
What distance is his limit when kicking for goal? 1-40m.
Do you think he has good hand skills, picking the ball up cleanly? Excellent and greater than Mansell
How do you rate his overhead marking? Below average, but I want him to play the Rodan vacuum cleaner role. We need a genuine crumber. Greater than Mansell.
Or his marking in general? Good on the chest.
How do you rank his hand balling skills a long or short distances? Excellent and greater than Mansell.
How do rate his footy iq? It was low and was building this year and it’s a shame because those extra dozen or so games would’ve been handy for his development and us next year
All answers above.

Above what? There’s nothing there on MRJ’s skill set.
Or did you mean “all answers above” one’s ability or willingness to answer?
I put answers beside your questions Willo.

Do you believe he’s a good accurate kick? He’s below average , but confidence and more experience it will build. Not an issue yet unlike Dow.
Do you believe he can consistently kick it over 35m with any accuracy? See above.
Do you think he’s a good kick for goal? See above
What distance is his limit when kicking for goal? 1-40m.
Do you think he has good hand skills, picking the ball up cleanly? Excellent and greater than Mansell
How do you rate his overhead marking? Below average, but I want him to play the Rodan vacuum cleaner role. We need a genuine crumber. Greater than Mansell.
Or his marking in general? Good on the chest.
How do you rank his hand balling skills a long or short distances? Excellent and greater than Mansell.
How do rate his footy iq? It was low and was building this year and it’s a shame because those extra dozen or so games would’ve been handy for his development and us next year

It's need freshen up the assistant coaches Rutten hasn't been bad in defence, but the rest not sold on. Like I said bring the best around Yze. Look what happened in 2017 when we got the best around Dimma. First one I will promote is Morris.

Yes we hired Chris Toce, but were going to have good picks next couple of years beef it up.

My concern is the decision to tell Balme this is his last year. He wanted to stay on. His experience and cool head is what our football department needs because since Blair and Livingstone took over their has been some questionable decisions.
My concern with this sort of analysis Daniel is that we punters have no idea whether an assistant coach is good or not.
What we can say is that Rutten, Teague and Newman have all been rated very highly as assistants in the past. The first two were so highly rated they got senior coaching jobs.
The fact they didn’t succeed as senior coaches does not mean they are suddenly bad assistants.
That being said I would not be surprised to see Yze bring in one or two others. It seems he was very keen to get Chris Newman across and you would suspect he has others he rates highly.

Reactions: 3 users
comparision from last years first 14 games

2023: 6 wins, 1 draw, 7 loses
Wins:
RD2 Crows
RD8 Eagles
RD 9 Cats
RD12 Giants
RD13 Dockers
RD 14 Saints

RD1 Draw to Carlton

Average lossing margin: 16pts

------------------------------------------

2024: 2 wins, 12 loses
Wins:
RD3 Swans
RD13 Crows

Average lossing margin: 43pts

Reactions: 1 user
from round 3 we continued to have injuries right up to round 12 in 2024, we lost 3 premiership players at the end of 2023. Add all this up and of course we have gone backwards.

Reactions: 1 users
This thread is angst over nothing. *smile* all.

Couple of pre-seasons ahead and Yze (along with the list) will look a whole lot different.

Reactions: 7 users
This thread is angst over nothing. *smile* all.

Couple of pre-seasons ahead and Yze (along with the list) will look a whole lot different.
Maybe, but is Yze going to survive that long? That’s the real question.

Our list is in decline. Our core players are aging out (or seeking opportunities elsewhere) and the younger players coming up to replace them are collectively, not up to it.

It will take multiple drafts and likely 3-5 years from here to bring together a new core group of players we can build a decent team around. While that’s happening we are most likely finishing bottom 4 over a number of years. New coaches like Yze don’t usually survive long in that situation.

Maybe, but is Yze going to survive that long? That’s the real question.

Our list is in decline. Our core players are aging out (or seeking opportunities elsewhere) and the younger players coming up to replace them are collectively, not up to it.

It will take multiple drafts and likely 3-5 years from here to bring together a new core group of players we can build a decent team around. While that’s happening we are most likely finishing bottom 4 over a number of years. New coaches like Yze don’t usually survive long in that situation.

I think we need to learn from our history (both recent and not). Continually turning over coaches didn't work for 30 years. Sticking fat and being patient over 7 years did work.

I think we need to learn from our history (both recent and not). Continually turning over coaches didn't work for 30 years. Sticking fat and being patient over 7 years did work.

Dimma did his time down in the basement as well. Yze will get a fair go.

... Our list is in decline. Our core players are aging out (or seeking opportunities elsewhere) and the younger players coming up to replace them are collectively, not up to it. ...
We don't yet know if the younger players are up to it. A handful of games in a side ravaged by injury and being soundly beaten most weeks isn't enough of a sample.

Dimma did his time down in the basement as well. Yze will get a fair go.
Hardwick improved on the previous seasons wins every year for his first 4 years. Hardwick also had a better collection of young players to build a side around that Yze currently has when he started.

We’ll likely finish bottom four this year and are a strong chance to back that up again next year too. How many first time coaches can survive that kind of start to their careers?

I’m not advocating for sacking Yze, just pointing out how difficult his situation is and how much the odds are stacked against him. I really do wonder if he knew what he was getting into when he took the job.

Reactions: 2 users
Hardwick improved on the previous seasons wins every year for his first 4 years. Hardwick also had a better collection of young players to build a side around that Yze currently has when he started.

We’ll likely finish bottom four this year and are a strong chance to back that up again next year too. How many first time coaches can survive that kind of start to their careers?

I’m not advocating for sacking Yze, just pointing out how difficult his situation is and how much the odds are stacked against him. I really do wonder if he knew what he was getting into when he took the job.

Yeah, he's got a tough gig, that's for sure TF.

I had us finishing 14th before the injuries hit. Yze gets a free pass for this year, but improvement needs to be shown from ‘25 on.

He did start with a better young group but we also rebuilt right in the middle of the giants and suns start ups. Compromised drafts which we won’t have for at least a couple of years

We are also still a very attractive destination club which it wasn’t then

I wouldnt say that now.
We certainly are.

Any player watching the game on Saturday night would be thinking how great it would be to play at the MCG in front of the Tiger army.

We are a really strong club with a massive fan base having a temporary down. Players know that.

Dimma had Cotchin, Martin, Rance , Edwards, Grimes, Riewoldt and Lids as youth. Lids eventually got moved on and still played in finals for GWS 😂. Apart from McAuliffe I don’t see the talent on our list that can take us to a flag in 7 years unless we offload Baker and Rioli for two firsts and a second round pick, JGTI for a late third which means zero, Short for a late second and delist a lot of dead wood for them. It’s the only way to move up faster , but we need to nail picks and we messed up in the Lids year and earlier so there are no guarantees. We at the same time can’t bring in established players for picks otherwise we’ll do a Lions, Hawthorn and even Demons. We aren’t ready for that yet. I’m really worried atm because Toce and the team really need to nail every player coming in and that’s almost impossible in the one draft so if we end up with a lot of picks is it wise to combine picks to get an earlier pick or to spread them over two years. As exciting as the end of the year is going to be it’s just as worrying in case we mess it up.
I hope we can get a CEO before all this happens as we seem to be currently up *smile* creek in a canoe without a paddle .

Agree Hardwick improved by the end of his first season. We could see light by the second half of his first season. He just had the better list of youth who were genuine A graders or higher.

I think (well, maybe hope) Richmond is a better club than it was when we went through coaches at a great rate. The current administration seems to be more than aware that the dynasty is over and it will take a while and a lot of hard work to get back to being a contender and will keep Yze on for a decent period. It is going to be tough and there are going to be rumblings about whether he is a decent coach. We need to give him a good chance as he has shown he has ability. We also need to make sure he has the support he needs in terms of assistants and all the other support staff. I'm sure the club would be assessing all of this as we rebuild.

After 5 years we can look and assess. We just need to make sure we look and assess taking into account the context of what players we have picked up and what progress we make.

DS