Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Give the umpires gifted them a couple and we gifted them 2-3 (which Yze pointed out) and they maybe gifted us 1 then we really kind of dominated overall (per clearances). Unfortunately, I think backline turnovers IS us and not sure how you coach that poor decision making/skill execution out. You need blokes that can drill quick moving 20-30m passes and not little floppy ones that get picked off or kick (*cough* *cough* Short) that go to opposition 3-1 outnumbers consistently. I think this is more that Essendon really isn't all that good - just bog average and completely flattered by draw, luck and opposition injuries.

Although if you were Ess you would argue poor goal kicking cost them although x-scores had them actually +3.6 and us +5.1 so pretty much no effect on the game..

If we get a consistent set of games for players then you'd hope we start to see the coach have us creating options we can execute that let us clear our backline w/out turnover. I get it when it just chops and changes every week that that is bloody hard to pull off.

The silver lining is its going to be hard to get out of the bottom 3 with hawthorn winning and west coast playing well at home even if we do have a patch when more troops return.

Reactions: 2 users
I was one of those calling for Hardwick's head at the end of 2016......................

I've grown up a bit since then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Would we be having this conversation if fit and healthy Lynch, Taranto, Hopper, Gibcus and Grimes (?) played last night......

Let the kids get game time in the meantime and let the MC refine and develop his team for the future.......... surely we go into the draft with a war chest and when a few key players come back we will see how well he can Coach....

Reactions: 1 users
I say it again the club needs to spend the cash and get the best around Yze just like we did with Dimma in 2017. Better assistant coaches, fitness and medical, recruitment team etc.

There is a good coach there the top 2 sides in the competition one we won and won we lost by 2 goals. Alot of kids improving under him just from simple reason of playing them in there natural position and backing them. What I like to yesterday he was adaptable to change coaching from the bench and moving a few players where we needed them.

Reactions: 3 users
A handful. Had 10 or so. Was huge and very strong. Only against a VFL (not that good) player but he was impressive. More impressive was Archie May playing on the AFL listed Sam Weideman and giving him a bath. Archie also rucked inside the forward 50 and was more than competitive. For a 19 year old kid I really like Archie.
Can he mark above his head though?

Watched the game. Thought Kosi looked much better behind the ball and composed with it.

If nothing else Adem being our head coach has seen improvement in Ralphsmith, the rise of Campbell, Brown and McAuliffe so far this season son he must be doing something right. It is just a pity some of our regular first teamers are not leading the way they should

Reactions: 4 users
If nothing else Adem being our head coach has seen improvement in Ralphsmith, the rise of Campbell, Brown and McAuliffe so far this season son he must be doing something right. It is just a pity some of our regular first teamers are not leading the way they should
MoJo the other one I wrote off (along with Ralphsmith) that have had multiple games at the level now.

Agree also miller is having his best ever season

So that s

Mjr
Miller
Ralphsmith
Campvell
Dow
Brown
Ross

All having best ever seasons

The injuries have killed us

Too early to say if he can coach but he can definitely develop players

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I say it again the club needs to spend the cash and get the best around Yze just like we did with Dimma in 2017. Better assistant coaches, fitness and medical, recruitment team etc.

There is a good coach there the top 2 sides in the competition one we won and won we lost by 2 goals. Alot of kids improving under him just from simple reason of playing them in there natural position and backing them. What I like to yesterday he was adaptable to change coaching from the bench and moving a few players where we needed them.

The AFL has brought in an off field salary cap. When Dimma was getting all the best assistants and off field support there wasn't any cap on spending, and we did just that spend.

Our spending ability is currently limited and until the AFL releases the off field brakes we cannot do much more

The AFL has brought in an off field salary cap. When Dimma was getting all the best assistants and off field support there wasn't any cap on spending, and we did just that spend.

Our spending ability is currently limited and until the AFL releases the off field brakes we cannot do much more
That was during covid that problem. We have no exuse now Yze not even close to Dimma salary wise.

That was during covid that problem. We have no exuse now Yze not even close to Dimma salary wise.
There is still a soft cap. It is not free for all like it was pre COVID. the point of your original post was stating Richmond should spend more money, like at Dimma levels. Just saying with the soft cap we cannot do that and even if Yze is being paid less than Dimma

Reactions: 1 user
There is still a soft cap. It is not free for all like it was pre COVID
It's something like 7 mil now when it was 9 mil pre COVID, and with inflation a dollar back then is $1.17, so the cap would need to be closer to 11mil for it to actually be even with what it was back then

Just how important was Emma Murray to Tigers coaching team. She did what she did for us and now look what she is doing at Sydney. Is she still working with us at all?? Need her back with this young group we have.

Just how important was Emma Murray to Tigers coaching team. She did what she did for us and now look what she is doing at Sydney. Is she still working with us at all?? Need her back with this young group we have.
Agree. She was great for Duz.

Emma's still involved Leysy believes.

Reactions: 1 user