Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

I hate reading into body language but Tim Livingstone looked pretty worried in the coaches box there. No sugar coating it. This is not the way it's supposed to be.
Disagree.

This is absolutely where we were headed.

Cooked. Baked. Toast. Equalisation is so rampant we will likely be the last dynasty.

Yze is not a simpleton. He knows exactly where the list is at and the club does now too.

When there are so many premiership players on a list you protect them. You give them opportunity after opportunity even when they’re cooked and don’t deserve it.

Premiership free fall, plain as day.

Reactions: 1 users
Think Yzes biggest issue is that he genuinely believed this squad had a chance at finals this year. Believe if he entered the job knowing a full rebuild was required he may have taken a different approach. Feel like he's missed a year with wishful thinking. See how it pans out
Full squad with no injuries was finals possibility

Reactions: 2 users
Belief has fallen through the floor.

Older players are cooked and lack leadership.

Younger players are waifs and not quite ready.

What on gods green earth do people expect?

This was always going to happen, been building for years.

WE WON THREE FLAGS in a comp that aggressively equalises at every opportunity.

We had zero decent draft picks for several years until Gibcus.

Free fall was so inevitable that I wonder what *smile* planet some supporters are on
Nah don't buy it. Where's the effort we put in against the Swans. Effort is all we are asking for.

Reactions: 4 users
What do people want? The club to sack a first year coach mid-season?

Comedy festival is over
Not calling for the sack. Just clear direction. At least Mitchell at the Hawks made it obvious he was doing the full rebuild. Yze seems to have put a bet each way and it may come back to bite him. He has time but he would want to start setting some min standards eg effort and desire

Reactions: 1 user
What do people want? The club to sack a first year coach mid-season?

Comedy festival is over
No
I want Yzeto go down to the bench coach from the boundary talk to players directly as they come on and off the ground
Just like McRae Goodwin get involved not sit in the coaches box like a mannequin

Reactions: 1 user
Nah don't buy it. Where's the effort we put in against the Swans. Effort is all we are asking for.

Season still has a pulse then. Players are looking at each other now and realising we are a terrible football team.

Belief gone, hope gone, poise gone.

CEO gone, Dusty going, senior players lame.

Why bother? Still too much dead wood to clear out. No high draft picks last year.

Rebuild begins final siren last round. Big changes coming.

Reactions: 5 users
Not calling for the sack. Just clear direction. At least Mitchell at the Hawks made it obvious he was doing the full rebuild. Yze seems to have put a bet each way and it may come back to bite him. He has time but he would want to start setting some min standards eg effort and desire
Club told him in interview they expect to contend for top eight at least.

Coaches aren’t deities, they are paid to do a job.

This off season is his and Blair’s to sculpt. Everyone should now be on the same page.

Yze walked into the afterglow of a dynasty and that will be snuffed out if it hasn’t already.

Season still has a pulse then. Players are looking at each other now and realising we are a terrible football team.

Belief gone, hope gone, poise gone.

CEO gone, Dusty going, senior players lame.

Why bother? Still too much dead wood to clear out. No high draft picks last year.

Rebuild begins final siren last round. Big changes coming.
I really don’t think the draft is the great saviour you think it will be, Carts.

I really don’t think the draft is the great saviour you think it will be, Carts.
Nothing at all is certain, depends on how we perform at trade and draft table.

We need picks but yes there is risk we will pick duds.

Not many other pathways for us.

Reactions: 2 users
Club told him in interview they expect to contend for top eight at least.

Coaches aren’t deities, they are paid to do a job.

This off season is his and Blair’s to sculpt. Everyone should now be on the same page.

Yze walked into the afterglow of a dynasty and that will be snuffed out if it hasn’t already.
Agree and the more of this I see, the more pissed off I am with Dimma. WTF did he leave behind.

I don't think the club realised how bad our kids are.
Well - we’re discovering first hand each of the young player’s deficiencies. It’s like the Wizard of Oz - they’re all missing different things.

Sonsie & Brown - hardness & intensity.
Dow & Ralphsmith - can’t kick or stick tackles.
Cumberland - set shot goal kicking & brain fades.
Ryan - can’t take contested marks.

Anyway is what it is - huge list turnover coming me thinks.

Reactions: 3 users
No
I want Yzeto go down to the bench coach from the boundary talk to players directly as they come on and off the ground
Just like McRae Goodwin get involved not sit in the coaches box like a mannequin
I think that’s over rated. Why didn’t you mention Fagans boundary presence?

Newman was right and it seems Yze & the club weren't.
It’s the cult of premiership.

Hard to make calls on favourite sons. Happens to all successful teams.

We are very close to rock bottom now which is a good thing.

I would argue that 2022-23 were absolutely wasted years. Trying to contend with players who were past it. Club didn’t progress one iota in that time.

Now we can finally move forward.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users