2024 Training With The Ooze Crew | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Training With The Ooze Crew

Main Training Today:

Blight played back and Balta forward in what looked like the A team.

McAuliffe trained fully

Absent:
Marlion & Seth

A couple of battered bodies managed but don't look a concern

• Love
Reactions: 34 users
And on 4 stationary bike's on the balcony, taking advantage of the sun, were Kelts, Juddy, Tylar Y, and Sam N.

Campbell Gray did a big running session. Lots of run throughs at varying pace. Had a fitness guy with him the whole time and managing his gait, knee lift, etc.

Ohh and the game plan on full display with a real focus on skills and two way running. Interesting to hear what the coaches driving certain aspects and getting adherence to structure and effort.

Reactions: 30 users
Main Training Today:

Blight played back and Balta forward in what looked like the A team.

McAuliffe trained fully

Absent:
Marlion & Seth

A couple of battered bodies managed but don't look a concern
Hi Caesar. Long time reader, first time poster. Signed up mainly just to say thanks for the training reports (y)

• Love
Reactions: 23 users
Ohh and the game plan on full display with a real focus on skills and two way running. Interesting to hear what the coaches driving certain aspects and getting adherence to structure and effort.
But they've been trying to do this all year n even now the fans have no idea what they're trying to do and during games it looks a lot like the players have no *smile* idea either.

Reactions: 1 users
But they've been trying to do this all year n even now the fans have no idea what they're trying to do and during games it looks a lot like the players have no *smile* idea either.
Nah. Not from what I've seen at training over the summer and then winter. We had one gameplan over the pre-season which was predicated on one last push. That plan was closer to what we played under Dimma and Mini. We have changed up, measurably (in my view though it could be construed as just some significant tweaks), in the past couple of months and my take is we're now teaching the 2025 gameplan. It is different.

I find it interesting at times at training listening to how firm and direct the coaches are (given I'm told repeatedly on PRE how soft they are) and then watching which players lead drills, lead their teammates and help drive standards.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 24 users
I find it interesting at times at training listening to how firm and direct the coaches are (given I'm told repeatedly on PRE how soft they are) and then watching which players lead drills, lead their teammates and help drive standards.
From your above observations, who do you see as emerging leaders at the club?

From your above observations, who do you see as emerging leaders at the club?
D Rioli very vocal today. Dion always and moreso today. Broady always.

I know that's not helping with emerging. Just identifying those that are vocal and get about leading. I know that Tim T is highly rated as a leader within.

But at times you see Ben M take one of the young guys aside and show them hot to do things. Tom Brown was similar earlier in the year.

Steely was there on the sidelines today, in a moon boot, cheering everybody along. A lot of players came up to him to gee him up.

Reactions: 16 users
And on 4 stationary bike's on the balcony, taking advantage of the sun, were Kelts, Juddy, Tylar Y, and Sam N.

Campbell Gray did a big running session. Lots of run throughs at varying pace. Had a fitness guy with him the whole time and managing his gait, knee lift, etc.

Appreciate your input this year HK especially since Caesar went part time

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users
D Rioli very vocal today. Dion always and moreso today. Broady always.

I know that's not helping with emerging. Just identifying those that are vocal and get about leading. I know that Tim T is highly rated as a leader within.

But at times you see Ben M take one of the young guys aside and show them hot to do things. Tom Brown was similar earlier in the year.

Steely was there on the sidelines today, in a moon boot, cheering everybody along. A lot of players came up to him to gee him up.
i thought there was going to be a mass exodus in two weeks time...

Good to hear that the boys are still positive and the coaches are tweaking a few things in what has been a forgettable year. Best wishes to them all for the future as we need leadership , creativity and positivity to grow as a group both as team and a FD.

Last edited:
Hi Caesar. Long time reader, first time poster. Signed up mainly just to say thanks for the training reports (y)
That is very kind of you @tiger_tough pre-season is my favourite time of year, so with a plethora of draftees and ACL rehab watch it promises to be a busy one.
Cheers

Reactions: 21 users
But....but.....we don't have a game plan and Yze should be sacked because we don't have one and we clearly don't train it and.......

Sorry, replaying last weeks gameday thread, and predicting this weeks one too.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Good to hear that the boys are still positive and the coaches are tweaking a few things in what has been an unforgettable year. Best wishes to them all for the future as we need leadership , creativity and positivity to grow as a group both as team and a FD.
Perhaps it's been a forgettable year!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user