2024 Training With The Ooze Crew | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Training With The Ooze Crew

Okay, well I don't think I gained a lot of insight from a session run at three-quarter pace focused mainly on ball movement. I did get plenty from the brains trust discussions with @caesar , @HKTigerB and @Stig but you'll have to buy me a beer at the London on Saturday to get any of that. Thanks lads, good to meet two of you and always good to catch up with the great caesar.

What I did observe was Lynch moving freely and participating in full training so he's likely to play I'd say. Couple of beautiful trademark clunks.

Juddy, Young, Dion and Ross walked a few laps.

MoJu did quite a bit of work in front of us, nowhere near full pace, pretty much just straight line running. Would have been out there for over an hour.

Samson is definitely coached to go up one-handed. Was isolated deep 1v2 with Nank and Balta, kick came in, one hand to ward off Nank, one hand to bring ball to ground.

Pretty clean session skills wise but not at full pace. A few fumbles of the greasy ball unless your name was Shai. Hugo and Seth running machines as you'd expect.

It was *smile* cold!

Reactions: 30 users
Okay, well I don't think I gained a lot of insight from a session run at three-quarter pace focused mainly on ball movement. I did get plenty from the brains trust discussions with @caesar , @HKTigerB and @Stig but you'll have to buy me a beer at the London on Saturday to get any of that. Thanks lads, good to meet two of you and always good to catch up with the great caesar.

What I did observe was Lynch moving freely and participating in full training so he's likely to play I'd say. Couple of beautiful trademark clunks.

MoJu did quite a bit of work in front of us, nowhere near full pace, pretty much just straight line running. Would have been out there for over an hour.

Samson is definitely coached to go up one-handed. Was isolated deep 1v2 with Nank and Balta, kick came in, one hand to ward off Nank, one hand to bring ball to ground.

Pretty clean session skills wise but not at full pace. A few fumbles of the greasy ball unless your name was Shai. Hugo and Seth running machines as you'd expect.

It was *smile* cold!

Well in tribute to Dusty, i am not going to add anymore and give the PRE faithful the silent treatment :cool:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

It was *smile* cold!
Interesting, kept hearing he's being held unfairly in previous games. Clearly it's a play to knock it down to the smalls - is it because the coaches have no faith in him marking it though?

Cold even in Sydney today.

If the coaches are teaching Ryan to go up one handed that is surely laughable.Sack the lot of them.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Interesting, kept hearing he's being held unfairly in previous games. Clearly it's a play to knock it down to the smalls - is it because the coaches have no faith in him marking it though?

Cold even in Sydney today.
Can’t remember last time Samson took an overhead mark

I'll cut Ryan some slack if he's following orders. Not great development though by the coaches.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
I'll cut Ryan some slack if he's following orders. Not great development though by the coaches.
If that is the type of order Ryan is following,he should look elsewhere.Bit like being given an order in a firing squad..........here you go mate hold the rifle with your left hand,keep your right hand down,,,,,,,,,,,now pull the trigger.

It was *smile* cold!
Dusty looked primed
Lynch right to go
Good to meet you 😜🐯👌

Reactions: 3 users
Good to meet you 😜🐯👌
You’ve often questioned the character of a few good people at Richmond and then you go saddle up to those 3 blokes?
You’ve just lost all the credibility you’ve worked so hard for over the years

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Game after game the forwards get jostled, scragged and double teamed. Even with a couple of premium forwards in Jaaack n the Lynchman the instructions from Dimma was if you don't / can't mark it create the contest and get the ball to ground. Either our smalls can get it or we can set up another stoppage in our forward arc. It's about trying to control the outcome as much as possible.
Due to injury's we've been fairly thin for key forwards and premium ground ball forwards so we haven't been very effective at either.
Samsung aint the best overhead or pack mark, though he can take them sometimes, so the best option for him would be to try n control the fall of the ball for our smaller players. Fend off an opponent to create an inch of space n ruck the ball to his smalls.

Reactions: 1 users
Game after game the forwards get jostled, scragged and double teamed. Even with a couple of premium forwards in Jaaack n the Lynchman the instructions from Dimma was if you don't / can't mark it create the contest and get the ball to ground. Either our smalls can get it or we can set up another stoppage in our forward arc. It's about trying to control the outcome as much as possible.
Due to injury's we've been fairly thin for key forwards and premium ground ball forwards so we haven't been very effective at either.
Samsung aint the best overhead or pack mark, though he can take them sometimes, so the best option for him would be to try n control the fall of the ball for our smaller players. Fend off an opponent to create an inch of space n ruck the ball to his smalls.
Not buying it. Go for it two handed - best outcome is mark the thing. You can always knock it down to your smalls if your first option is negated. Going for it one-handed leaves only one outcome. I'd even suggest that knocking it down two handed is going to provide more accurate delivery to your smalls anyway.

He has to learn to use his body to outmaneuver and bump to advantage in the marking contest - and learning that craft starts as soon as you pull on a jumper. Not when you're the ideal body weight.

Reactions: 4 users