2024 Grand final Predictions and BOGs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Grand final Predictions and BOGs

Bottom line is you need 1 or 2 minimum All Australian defenders as a baseline for premiership tilt.

Brisbane - Andrews Zorko
Pies - Moore Maynard
Geelong - Stewart Blicavs
Richmond - Grimes Rance Houli
Melbourne - Lever May
West Cosst - Mc Govern Hurn

Reactions: 1 user
I propose a total and complete shutdown of Sydney entering Grand Finals until we can figure out what is going on.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Not saying it’s right but the Brisbane Lions in a merger of two clubs , the Fitzroy lions and the Brisbane bears.

The Sydney swans is the south Melbourne swans relocated to Sydney
We can't say the Bears won their first 3 (01,02 & 03) on their own as Fitzroy was already merged in. If you merge why not share the flags?

We can't say the Bears won their first 3 (01,02 & 03) on their own as Fitzroy was already merged in. If you merge why not share the flags?
As I stated, I’m not saying it is right. However clearly the Brisbane lions is classed as a new club because it is a merger of two existing clubs. The Sydney swans is not a new club, just a relocated one .

If Collingwood merged with Essendon the new club would not have 32 flags because it is a new club under that philosophy.

Reactions: 5 users
I respect the Norm Smith voting panel, and i think Ashcroft was a deserving winner, but Neale was clear BOG for me. Just worked hard all day and drove the side.

Reactions: 1 users
I was paying close attention to Ashcroft as I had $5 on him. Sure he gets a lot of the ball, but a lot of cheapies and makes no effort to chase or tackle

As I stated, I’m not saying it is right. However clearly the Brisbane lions is classed as a new club because it is a merger of two existing clubs. The Sydney swans is not a new club, just a relocated one .

If Collingwood merged with Essendon the new club would not have 32 flags because it is a new club under that philosophy.
When the AFL ‘killed’ Fitzroy, the Brisbane Bears got Fitzroy’s colours, theme song and their mascot (Fitzroy were known as the Roys, and at one stage had the name the Gorillas before settling on the Lions, much the same as Essendon were known as the Same Olds before becoming the Bombers and North Melbourne were the Shinboners before adopting the Kangaroos. Even South Melbourne were the Bloods. The Swans didn’t come about until the 30’s), as well as 6 of Fitzroy best players. They were basically a new club. The AFL like to promote them as Fitzroy reincarnated, but they’re not really. As is pointed out the Swans are South Melbourne relocated to Sydney. They took the team, including the coach, from South Melbourne to Sydney, they never cased to exist the way Fitzroy did.

Today was an execution by a team that was tough. Tough as against as side full of talent but when it gets down to show the muscle only a few stood up. How many Lions had a mullet or those long following tresses those Catters lot have. Want to play a mans game look like a man. Doubt if that Dockers captain will take note of this.

Longmire needs to step down.
He has failed in 4 GF's.
Great stuff getting there but do you think playing 2 finals in a row at the SCG was a smart move?
The size of the SCG will always stop Sydney win a flag.
Get possession from the bounce, 1 running bounce your inside 50.
Get a intercept at half back I decent kick your deep inside 50.
Win the ball back on the wing, your back inside 50
Every kick at the G is virtually doubled, 2 kicks from the centre, 3 or at least 2 decent long kicks from half back.
Longmires game plan doesn't stack up

Sydney's team is similar to Adelaide's 2017 team, a couple of quality players and then smoothed with duds.
Seriously Florent wouldn't get a kick in our side. Needs to go, weak as *smile*
Blakey as good as he can be, he isn't a bloke that can defend. Useless
Rampe was finished 3 yrs ago.
McCartin should just retire, Cathwaite clone.
Grundy:ROFLMAO::poop:
Heywood seriously 700k, what's wrong with them??
Why did they recruit Tayloe Adams??

Don't blame McDonald (He makes Jack Watts look like Tommy Lynch) or Aamarty or McLean. Longmire couldn't win a flag with Franklin he won't be winning *smile* with those 3.

I can see Sydney doing an Adelaide and falling to pieces, in house fighting, camps, players wanting out.

Bottom line is you need 1 or 2 minimum All Australian defenders as a baseline for premiership tilt.

Brisbane - Andrews Zorko
Pies - Moore Maynard
Geelong - Stewart Blicavs
Richmond - Grimes Rance Houli
Melbourne - Lever May
West Cosst - Mc Govern Hurn
Where's Vaulstin?
He is better then Houli Stewart Lever Hurn and Maynard

Ohh yeah the scum gave it to Ports Shirley Temple instead