2024 Grand final Predictions and BOGs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Grand final Predictions and BOGs

Heeney to do a Houdini and disappear again at the G

Good call on this Zips, I got sucked into the hype of Heeney, Warner, Papley and Goulden the only winners here were Sportsbet. You are also right about Longmire time to go, anyway after half-time it was good to catch up with family and friends.

Longmire needs to step down.
He has failed in 4 GF's.
Great stuff getting there but do you think playing 2 finals in a row at the SCG was a smart move?
The size of the SCG will always stop Sydney win a flag.
Get possession from the bounce, 1 running bounce your inside 50.
Get a intercept at half back I decent kick your deep inside 50.
Win the ball back on the wing, your back inside 50
Every kick at the G is virtually doubled, 2 kicks from the centre, 3 or at least 2 decent long kicks from half back.
Longmires game plan doesn't stack up
I think it is the game plan and players they choose.
IMO Sydney didn't have a winner yesterday especially when the game was on the line.
Darcy Fort did a Clark Keating better than a Clark Keating, hadn't played in the firsts for Months comes in and plays like he had played the entire season.
Grundy should have monstered him.
Salty kept the wrong ruckman.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I was paying close attention to Ashcroft as I had $5 on him. Sure he gets a lot of the ball, but a lot of cheapies and makes no effort to chase or tackle
Don't remember Dusty chasing or tackling much. I thought he was fantastic and his ball disposal damaging. BOG could have gone to a few players, they were very even. Lachie, Ah Choo. Ashcroft were my best 3.

Reactions: 1 user
IMO Sydney didn't have a winner yesterday especially when the game was on the line.
Darcy Fort did a Clark Keating better than a Clark Keating, hadn't played in the first for Months comes in and plays like he had played the entire season.
Besides Happy Brisbane supporters today
Collingwood supporters are so happy too.
No more Adams and No Grundy..

We proved it, you don't need an outstanding ruckman to win a flag.

I would never draft a ruckman and would always pinch them other clubs.

Reactions: 2 users
Chaos vs Control.

I’d hardly call Brisbane a chaos team but they were far more willing to get their hands dirty yesterday. 33 tackles from Sydney really says it all.

I would not use a high round draft pick for a ruckman, 4th round or lower could be worth a gamble.

After the first five minutes I remarked that I’d never seen so much space so early in a GF. Brisbane were already dinking the ball laterally to spares and hitting targets in the corridor who were almost unmissable because they had so much space. No wonder their disposal efficiency was so high: their targets were huge! And it’s no wonder Sydney couldn’t lay a tackle when they were nowhere near their opponents.

Sydney couldn’t have just messed up the ground size and got their corralling distances wrong could they?

Measure twice and cut once lads.

Reactions: 2 users
Lions disposal efficiency 81%. Wow.

And if you wanted proof again that winning ruck taps is almost irrelevant, the Swans doubled the Lions hit outs, but only broke even for clearances & stoppages.

Tap ruckmen. The single most overrated role in football. And by a mile.
We won 3 flags without a tap ruckman. ;)

Don't remember Dusty chasing or tackling much. I thought he was fantastic and his ball disposal damaging. BOG could have gone to a few players, they were very even. Lachie, Ah Choo. Ashcroft were my best 3.
Jasper Fletcher better all round player

Sydney turned it up again in a grand final. Weren't uo for the fight. It's lucky the Lions beat Geelong last week or Salty would be a three time premiership coach. That bad an effort for the second time in three years would have to leave some scars.
I'm amazed the Swans made the GF.
Backline is workmanlike.Noone outstanding.
Fwd line just above ours and Norths.
Like the cats they have a home ground fortress which isn't suited once on the G.

Credit to Brisbane, they had things go right for them and they took full advantage.
Playing the Premliminary Final at the MCG and Cotch would be able to give them extra intel about the MCG.
McInnenery getting injured as others have said may have been a blessing, a lot harder to plan for a relative unknown, though not as hard as planning forr a first gamer as GWS had to do in 2019.
Marloin looked like a 300 Game veteran.
Teams with small home grounds are at a disadvantage.
I read that the Bulldogs and StKilda have requested more games at the MCG.
They realise the disadvantage of playing at Docklands.

Sydney are nowhere near like Geelong.
Least the Swans make it to the GF.
Remembering that Geelong lost ‘89, then proceeded to get spanked in ‘92, ‘94 & ‘95. So yeah, they made them regularly. Just *smile* the bed on GF day (with the exception of ‘89 where they nearly pinched it).

Darcy Fort did a Clark Keating better than a Clark Keating, hadn't played in the firsts for Months comes in and plays like he had played the entire season.
Can see why the Pies & Dees let Grundy go.

Same applies to KPF's.
Would never use a top 10 pick on a KP.
The odds of getting the next Lynch/Kennedy etc are so slim its not worth it.
Wait for FA by then you know.