2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I'm worried about the implications of recruiting both O'Sullivan and Berry. Could that spell disaster for another of our picks?

Check this out-

1729682517581.png

Do you really want to name Lalor in that cursed position?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Are you seeing much difference between Armstrong and the next forwards in Whitlock, Faull, Shanahan, Sims?

The way i see it we could take a tall early, but there are plenty in the 18 to 25 range.
Its eerily similar to 2017.
Instead we can load up on 4 mids and then take Whitlock & Faull.
The gulf between Armstrong & Faull isn't massive, I think Armstrong has been extremely consistent and usually manages to hit the scoreboard but he's more of a workhorse than a maverick. Shanahan reads the play very well, he's crafty but not a power forward, Whitlock appeals the most because there's some ruck ability to go with the forward craft and his disposal is tidy for a tall. I think he goes somewhere in the 15-25 range.

Reactions: 1 users
Who is trading a 25 first for 23?
Unless we are talking a top 4 club, the other club will be getting something back.

For example Bombers have 2 firsts next year, i'd guess could be anywhere 5 to 14.
They,d be desperate and drunk to straight swap for 23.
next year will have good players in the top 15
Maybe they don’t look at the pick number if it’s a player they desperately want.
P23 for a F1 , maybe plus something back? Depends on where the F1 was projected to fall, at a guess.
It could happen, I wouldn’t be surprised. Clubs have been known to do funny things when they’re desperate.

The gulf between Armstrong & Faull isn't massive, I think Armstrong has been extremely consistent and usually manages to hit the scoreboard but he's more of a workhorse than a maverick. Shanahan reads the play very well, he's crafty but not a power forward, Whitlock appeals the most because there's some ruck ability to go with the forward craft and his disposal is tidy for a tall. I think he goes somewhere in the 15-25 range.
Yeah thats how i see it. Not a clear separation.
(Also for the record again im not a massive armstrong fan)
So we dont need to reach for the best tall at 6 or 11.
We can get 2 with similar levels at 18 and 20

Lalor and Jagga double yes please. I like Travaglia. Not sure about the rest.
ESPN phantom has us taking Trainor and bidding on Adrian Cole.
I'd be surprised we go for 2 key defenders, especially with Gibcus and Balta.
For all our picks the media still doesnt understand our list

Reactions: 2 users
I think trading pick 6 is counterproductive, that's a good player virtually locked. The right price is 10 & 18 with perhaps some sweeteners, good chance Tauru is there at pick 10, that should be the message to North.

Reckon there's next to zero chance the Viking is there at 10.

He's the best key forward prospect in the draft. He'll go early, likely before our 6 unfort.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Maybe they don’t look at the pick number if it’s a player they desperately want.
P23 for a F1 , maybe plus something back? Depends on where the F1 was projected to fall, at a guess.
It could happen, I wouldn’t be surprised. Clubs have been known to do funny things when they’re desperate.
Thats what i said, its likely to get something back, which probs is our f2.
23 and f2 for the f1.

Tommy Hafey was equating pick 23 as a first rounder so its too valuable to trade.
On its own its probably not a first rounder.

This Bengal and I are in furious agreement with and offsets the injury issues. He has basically been playing elite cricket and football for 2-3 years with limited breaks. The overworked theory contributing to injuries is a real possibility. No full pre-season of footy leads me to think he has a lot of improvement left in him.

You can't be unfit and play both sports at a high level without a decent base line of fitness. Think he looks a completely different bodyshape in 12 months.

Petreca had s similar body shape.
He was interviewed on 3AW the other night He admitted ( sounded a little sheepish) that he has NEVER done a pre season for footy

Faull is a pretty good prospect. Sit down for a few hours and watch his full prelim game against Oakleigh. Lifted his team big time.

Reactions: 1 users
Rucks? We are desperate for a back up and a young strong ruck who can clunk a grab.
If you're desperate for Rucks, lemme tell you this All-Australian, Polly Farmer like guy........Ryan, Sampson.....

Seriously, if the PRE Publicity machine is anything to go by, Brownlow medallist in waiting.

I wouldn't mind a developing Ruck, but OHB, Ryan and our very own Brokeback Man-Mountain. Not sure they'd get a gig at VFL level.

I'm a bit confused, we have a ridiculous hand this year, spending a few picks in the twenties is hardly reaching,

Yes we have a ridiculous hand. Until you look at our list.

We have the worst midfield in the country, we will be the slowest team across the park and have next to no class and bite with our small and medium forwards.

We currently have 8 picks. We might lose one to get pick 2 (hope not). We'll likely push one to 25'. There's 6 or maybe 7 tops.

When you take that into account we don't have a ridiculous hand to start filling in all those gaps.

To take a few (assume you mean 3, or next to half) on key forwards that take up two spots in a team (when we already have 5 to 6 on our list) doesn't make sense.

Especially when have a dozen or more spots in our best 22 to fill elsewhere on the ground.

Yes we have a ridiculous hand. Until you look at our list.

We have the worst midfield in the country, we will be the slowest team across the park and have next to no class and bite with our small and medium forwards.

We currently have 8 picks. We might lose one to get pick 2 (hope not). We'll likely push one to 25'. There's 6 or maybe 7 tops.

When you take that into account we don't have a ridiculous hand to start filling in all those gaps.

To take a few (assume you mean 3, or next to half) on key forwards that take up two spots in a team (when we already have 5 to 6 on our list) doesn't make sense.

Especially when have a dozen or more spots in our best 22 to fill elsewhere on the ground.
We'd be even mose foolhardy to take 2 key defenders like the espn phantom.
No posters are suggesting it.

I'd be happy for the Scandinavian Swinger, or Whitlock the lessor.
Both could play forward.
But Trainor? Or any other back? Nope

We'd be even mose foolhardy to take 2 key defenders like the espn phantom.
No posters are suggesting it.

I'd be happy for the Scandinavian Swinger, or Whitlock the lessor.
Both could play forward.
But Trainor? Or any other back? Nope
I'd potentially take 1.

No guarantee Gibcus holds up.
Balta and Young or Miller....