2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Yes we have a ridiculous hand. Until you look at our list.

We have the worst midfield in the country, we will be the slowest team across the park and have next to no class and bite with our small and medium forwards.

We currently have 8 picks. We might lose one to get pick 2 (hope not). We'll likely push one to 25'. There's 6 or maybe 7 tops.

When you take that into account we don't have a ridiculous hand to start filling in all those gaps.

To take a few (assume you mean 3, or next to half) on key forwards that take up two spots in a team (when we already have 5 to 6 on our list) doesn't make sense.

Especially when have a dozen or more spots in our best 22 to fill elsewhere on the ground.
I'm not getting caught up in the enormity of what lies ahead but I sure know it won't all be fixed in one draft. As far as priorities go? I'm happy to fix the midfield with 3 A graders, grab a rebounder, a ruck forward and a 194cm type like Faull or Shanahan. If three is too many then so be it but when the club is forced to play guys like Naismith up forward I wouldn't say we're flush for talls. A lot of players coming back from injury and a host of raw rookies who haven't consolidated themselves on the big stage. You can never have too many talls because if you recruit right you can always trade them at a premium.

Reactions: 1 user
Because it’s a risk too great to take. Pick 1 next year will be a bloody good player.
Where’s the risk for us of pick 2 this year versus pick 1 next year if it is basically a swap? This assumes North can then engineer a satisfactory deal for our F1 as I assume they are after a combination of 2 or 3 first rounders in 2024 rather than just pick 2.

Personally i believe we will trade for pick #2 with north but hopefully its #6 + #18 or better as i would hate to lose either of #10 + #11

FOS & Lalor are my preferred #1 + #2

FOS just oozes talent and has the perfect game for a mid that is damaging when foward , When watching him play i see a player that wont get 30 + touches a game more 20-25 but can be damaging high impact games similar in ways to Chad Warner but when played high foward has the leap and athletic ability similar to Heeney and this type of highly talented player does not become a fail.

Lalor is just as effective in many ways , Strong big and powerful beautiful kick and nice leap
Leadership and again highly talented and will become a beast of a midfielder that is a point of difference when he is fully fit and the petracca comparisons are there to see ( i dont want to say Dusty as he is my favorite richmond player of all time)

The upside / Star factor of these 2 boys are massive and we would be crazy to over look

#1 - FOS
#2 - Lalor
#10 - Hotton
#11 - Berry
#20 - Best KPF available
#23 - Hanaford

Speed , Kicking , Talent , Skill , Competitive are the traits we need to get into the side
I also see Hotton , Berry & Hannaford having high midfield potential in the future

What's the chance of Tauru being available at 10? Picks 10 & 18 for pick 2 looks a whole lot better from my perspective, that's a deal I would cut before the draft.
I think Tauru will be gone by #10 with 1 of Melbourne or St Kilda picks and North wouldnt trade #2 unless it included pick #6 so if we genuinely wanted the double of 1 & 2 it would 89% have to include #6