2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

This Bengal and I are in furious agreement with and offsets the injury issues. He has basically been playing elite cricket and football for 2-3 years with limited breaks. The overworked theory contributing to injuries is a real possibility. No full pre-season of footy leads me to think he has a lot of improvement left in him.

You can't be unfit and play both sports at a high level without a decent base line of fitness. Think he looks a completely different bodyshape in 12 months.

Petreca had s similar body shape.
Okay thanks for your input. Appreciate it.

Reactions: 1 user
6 & 18 is a better deal for us than 10 & 11.

The Carlton deal is irrelevant. Especially if you consider FOS and Lalor to be ahead of the rest.

Tough talking's great and all, but if they are as keen on Tauru as reported, and 10 doesn't get him (they'll know if it will before they do a deal), it'll be 6. But maybe it's 6 & 23.
Whats the guarantee Tauru will be there at 6 for lolnorf
Cartoon Crows Melb all have picks before 6

Reactions: 1 users
Trading 6 & 23 for pick 2 would mean we've got pick 2 for The Artist Formerly Known As The Prince. It basically will if we trade 6 & 18, or 6 & 20.
Nope, I'm keeping what we have regardless. If we want to trade up on the night we can but in no shape or form would I be making a deal before the draft.

We will run the night, we hold all the cards, no need to show our hand at all.

• Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
Nope, I'm keeping what we have regardless. If we want to trade up on the night we can but in no shape or form would I be making a deal before the draft.

We will run the night, we hold all the cards, no need to show our hand at all.
I'd say it's unlikely to happen before draft night.

So you wouldn't trade 6 & 23 for 2? Wow.

Has Adelaide indicated they might trade down?

It could be a live trade if Smith and Draper are gone
Not sure mate. I put a mock up on another thread. Only as an example.
If we took 1.rich FOS, 2.brisAshcroft, 3.nmLangford, 4.carlDraper, 5.richSmith, 6. melbLalor 7. richTauru 8.stk Smillie 9.stkArmstrong 10. melb Trainor 11. rich Reid/ Travaglia/ Allen/Hotton/Berry/ Lindsay/Shanahan/Whitlock/ Dodson etc
Plenty on the board.
Not as expensive as getting p2 of lolnorf maybe

Kayo,Lombard,

I'd say it's unlikely to happen before draft night.

So you wouldn't trade 6 & 23 for 2? Wow.
Nope make North find a deal or make a pick at 2. It's an uncomfortable position for them, WTF would you bail them out?

If they reach, great, we get a slider. If Cartlon take Smillie, Adelaide take Draper, North take the Viking, then someone tasty is going to be at 6. And those three things are highly likely. Hold all tickets.

Nope make North find a deal or make a pick at 2. It's an uncomfortable position for them, WTF would you bail them out?

If they reach, great, we get a slider. If Cartlon take Smillie, Adelaide take Draper, North take the Viking, then someone tasty is going to be at 6. And those three things are highly likely. Hold all tickets.
We wouldn't be bailing them out, we'd be securing the top-2 talents.

Trading 6 & 23 for pick 2 would mean we've got pick 2 for The Artist Formerly Known As The Prince. It basically will if we trade 6 & 18, or 6 & 20.

Any combination of 6 and 18, 6 and 20, 6 and 23 is fine by me. I would do any of those trades, obviously prefer 6 and 23 but happy to do any. I'm a big fan of FOS and if we have Lalor pegged as 1 then I want to get FOS, massive upside, running machine, exactly the sort we need in our midfield.

I'd also prefer to keep 10 and 11 out of the trades thrown up. I'd love to take Hotton and Berry there, and then take talls with our later picks. Whatever combination we retain of 18, 20 and 23 for any of the Whitlock twins, Faull, Shanahan, Dodson or a slider out of the top 20.

Reckon that would put us in a great spot, 2 quality mids in Lalor / FOS who can both hit the scoreboard, 2 goalkicking mids / smalls with class in Hotton and Berry and then the talls, or with 1 of the later picks, maybe another mid like Hynes, Gross, someone of that ilk.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
We wouldn't be bailing them out, we'd be securing the top-2 talents.
Which is entirely up for debate. There is no top 2. And yes, I know all drafting is club based viewpoints and up for debate.

This draft doesn't have a clear pick 1 let alone 2 that are worth sacrificing a pick in a deep draft for.

Which is entirely up for debate. There is no top 2. And yes, I know all drafting is club based viewpoints and up for debate.

This draft doesn't have a clear pick 1 let alone 2 that are worth sacrificing a pick in a deep draft for.
So for the sake of the 27th pick of the crop, you're prepared to let other clubs decide who we can and can't take with our second selection.

There is a top-2, at least as far as Richmond is concerned.

What's the chance of Tauru being available at 10? Picks 10 & 18 for pick 2 looks a whole lot better from my perspective, that's a deal I would cut before the draft.