2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Got the strong “ vibe “ from Twomeys podcast that we will be taking FOS and fair chance will try and get 2 for Lalor , he did say 6 and 18 would be the max u should pay , not giving up 10 and 11

Reactions: 5 users
I dont care about next year.
I want 8 this year.
4 mids
2 kpf
2 small forwards...now!
It will take 3 + years for maturity.
Do it now.
Get Smart next year...
We don't need small forwrds as we have Green and Mansell or even Seth. I think another big defender and Ruck would be nicer.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
But that simply leaves us a few years to argue that our opinions are better than there's. That's the beauty of opinions, they're neither right nor wrong until there's an established n proven fact. Until then it's all about shouting your opinion louder than the dopey bugger who's opinion doesn't match yours.

I have an opinion, my opinion is that my opinion is better than your opinion each an every time I have an opinion and you have an opinion, even when my opinion is the same as your opinion simply because it’s my opinion, I had it first and it’s all mine.

SUMMARY OPINION: of reading PRE - 2024 Draft Thread

10 and 18 take it or leave it clowns
That is my take for the best mix of players, if we go down this route I'm picking O'Sullivan, Lalor, Langford & Trevaglia with picks 2,3,7 & 12 (presuming Ashcroft gets a bid which we should do to take the heat off our first pick). The rest can be spent on key forwards, that's half a rebuild done and dusted with plenty of tall forwards to work with.

Reactions: 3 users
Need him on our list badly. Love how he has time to look around for better options. Positions himself early setting himselp up in marking contests . Eyes on the ball with head still. Going to be a gun and would be wasted at Norf.

Watching highlights on Sam Lalor you can see some similarities to a young Dusty. Big strong boy and heaps of power.

Reactions: 2 users
Every player is a risk,,just look at ours with Gibcus,Fawcett,McAuliffe ,injuries happen.when you play AFL.
I think you are clutching at straws about his fitness in his first 2 year's ,ffs he was playing good level cricket over the summer,,,he was deciding between cricket and football.

Lalors upside is huge,more than most.
This Bengal and I are in furious agreement with and offsets the injury issues. He has basically been playing elite cricket and football for 2-3 years with limited breaks. The overworked theory contributing to injuries is a real possibility. No full pre-season of footy leads me to think he has a lot of improvement left in him.

You can't be unfit and play both sports at a high level without a decent base line of fitness. Think he looks a completely different bodyshape in 12 months.

Petreca had s similar body shape.

Reactions: 11 users
Cartoon gave 12 14 for 3
We need to keep 6 swap 10 11 for 2
6 & 18 is a better deal for us than 10 & 11.

The Carlton deal is irrelevant. Especially if you consider FOS and Lalor to be ahead of the rest.

10 and 18 take it or leave it clowns
Tough talking's great and all, but if they are as keen on Tauru as reported, and 10 doesn't get him (they'll know if it will before they do a deal), it'll be 6. But maybe it's 6 & 23.

Reactions: 3 users
This Bengal and I are in furious agreement with and offsets the injury issues. He has basically been playing elite cricket and football for 2-3 years with limited breaks. The overworked theory contributing to injuries is a real possibility. No full pre-season of footy leads me to think he has a lot of improvement left in him.

You can't be unfit and play both sports at a high level without a decent base line of fitness. Think he looks a completely different bodyshape in 12 months.

Petreca had s similar body shape.
True, sometimes players push themselves too hard, Bailey Smith a case in point.

I have an opinion, my opinion is that my opinion is better than your opinion each an every time I have an opinion and you have an opinion, even when my opinion is the same as your opinion simply because it’s my opinion, I had it first and it’s all mine.

SUMMARY OPINION: of reading PRE - 2024 Draft Thread
Once you’ve had your opinion and expressed it, it becomes public property and it’s not yours any more.
The only opinion that remains with its owner is mine. Because I said it first. And you didn’t. So try again.

• Haha
But that simply leaves us a few years to argue that our opinions are better than there's. That's the beauty of opinions, they're neither right nor wrong until there's an established n proven fact. Until then it's all about shouting your opinion louder than the dopey bugger who's opinion doesn't match yours.
YOU ARE WRONG!

Is that loud enough? :)

Trading 6 & 23 for pick 2 would mean we've got pick 2 for The Artist Formerly Known As The Prince. It basically will if we trade 6 & 18, or 6 & 20.