2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Yeah it's a lazy comp but there's some Luke Jackson parallels. My only thing is that he is more ruck than forward.

I like him and Sims, I'd be happy with one of them. I have a bee's appendage between Sims, Dodson and the Whitlocks as my favourite key forwards.

Surely recruiting Whitlock or Sims is a surer bet considering their versatility ?

Reactions: 1 user
Back to The Viking and reading posts today.

Reckon most don't have him pegged correctly style wise.

These are the names thrown up as comparisons on here recently.

Archer (12-13 cms)
Sicily (6-7cms)

It's good that he's getting that - assume from his marking ability. But the Soaring Swede is physically superior to those guys - by a mile. He's 12+ cms taller than Archer and 6cm than Sicily.

He's an untapped 194cm (some say 195cm) athletic freak who is already probably the best mark of his year.

See there are lists ranking Key Forwards and he isn't even mentioned? He's played plenty there at club football and is the same height as Armstrong and others. He will be played there at AFL level so 100% deserves to be ranked alongside them when talking that position.

Reckon he's a bit like Mac Andrew. You don't get many opportunities to draft key talls with these traits. They are team changers.

Yet like Mac, many seem too scared to want to take the plunge early on i.e. pick 6.
Sound like you are describing David Gourdis!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah it's a lazy comp but there's some Luke Jackson parallels. My only thing is that he is more ruck than forward.

I like him and Sims, I'd be happy with one of them. I have a bee's appendage between Sims, Dodson and the Whitlocks as my favourite key forwards.
There's something not quite right with his kicking technique, I know the ball drop is coming from a height but if we're sizing him up as a forward then there would need to be some improvement. Maybe there's upside given his basketball commitments, not sure but he doesn't strike me as a sharp shooter. If you pick him as a ruck then different story but one needs to be careful about another Coleman-Jones scenario.

Back to The Viking and reading posts today.

Reckon most don't have him pegged correctly style wise.

These are the names thrown up as comparisons on here recently.

Archer (12-13 cms)
Sicily (6-7cms)

It's good that he's getting that - assume from his marking ability. But the Soaring Swede is physically superior to those guys - by a mile. He's 12+ cms taller than Archer and 6cm than Sicily.

He's an untapped 194cm (some say 195cm) athletic freak who is already probably the best mark of his year.

See there are lists ranking Key Forwards and he isn't even mentioned? He's played plenty there at club football and is the same height as Armstrong and others. He will be played there at AFL level so 100% deserves to be ranked alongside them when talking that position.

Reckon he's a bit like Mac Andrew. You don't get many opportunities to draft key talls with these traits. They are team changers.

Yet like Mac, many seem too scared to want to take the plunge early on i.e. pick 6.
I would have no hesitation if we selected the Viking at #6
I think he has got massive upside still and being a november birthdate he will develop more than most

Does anybody here have his combine results ?
Im extremely hesitant to trade upto #2 in this draft mainly due to ne clear stand outs in the top 6-7

Who needs to go to the press for Lalor info when you have @bengal tigers or did he write this Scouting report :cool:am Lalor

Sam Lalor

Midfielder, Forward

A genuine matchwinner in the engine room or up forward, but a wretched run with injury held him back this season.
Club GWV Rebels/Bacchus Marsh

State VIC

Height 188cm

DOB 30/08/2006

Power

X Factor

Ball Winning

Scoreboard Impact

Lalor’s season has been cruelled by injury, with his pre-season wiped out by a hip issue before minor setbacks to his knee, foot and quad. But he has shown his game-breaking ability as a midfielder-forward from his very first game of the season, where an underdone Lalor booted seven goals for Geelong Grammar at APS level. His first game for the Rebels during the APS break was just as dominant, racking up 34 disposals, nine inside 50, eight marks, seven clearances and 170 SuperCoach points. At the national championships it was his 16 disposals, five marks and three goals that helped Vic Country win a nail-biter against the Allies. Just when he was hitting his straps with the Rebels late in the season, injury struck again during their finals win over the Tasmania Devils. It says something about Lalor that he was desperate to play out the game despite suffering a high-grade hamstring injury. Overall he has been below his best this year due to injury, but clubs are aware that his strength, power, contested ball-winning and overhead marking can turn games. Add the fact that he has never had a full pre-season dedicated to footy due to his cricket talents - representing Vic Country at the state championships and Northcote in Premier Cricket - and there is serious untapped potential waiting to be unleashed.
2024 Coates Talent League 120 ranking points, 23 disposals, 12.8 contested possessions, 6.3 clearances, 3.0 tackles, 6.3 score involvements, 0.3 goals (4 games) 2024 National Champs 81 ranking points, 11 disposals, 4.0 tackles, 4.0 score involvements, 1.3 clearances, 1.3 goals (3 games)
Hip, quad, knee, foot n then the kid rips the suitcase out of a hammy. Kid gets any more injury prone we'd need to by him a big wooden box. Impact injuries are one thing, crash and bash of footy breaks things at times. But this reads like a catalogue of soft tissue injuries, kid might be pingin n twangin for years.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
That's what I was thinking!
I also think of Gourdis whenever posters talk about getting a slider.
I was looking through the draft combine results and to my astonishment anything regarding to jumping or vertical leap Gourdis rated highly. Sadly he had nothing else relating to being an AFL player. Looked like Tarzan and played like Cheetah.