2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Hip, quad, knee, foot n then the kid rips the suitcase out of a hammy. Kid gets any more injury prone we'd need to by him a big wooden box. Impact injuries are one thing, crash and bash of footy breaks things at times. But this reads like a catalogue of soft tissue injuries, kid might be pingin n twangin for years.
It's not exactly the history you want for a number 2 pick, I'm on the fence with this one but if we go safe at pick 6 with Langford I don't mind having a punt with an injury prone but talented player with the first selection. I would even consider Langford at 2 so in totality it's an ok package.

O'Sullivan is the other player I'd consider instead of Lalor, but he too comes with some risk attached, not necessarily health wise but more an issue of composure. Can you coach that out of a player? Sometimes, but not all the time, FOS will be an interesting watch, the skills are there, as is the athleticism, the rewards could be huge if he irons out the brain fades.

I was looking through the draft combine results and to my astonishment anything regarding to jumping or vertical leap Gourdis rated highly. Sadly he had nothing else relating to being an AFL player. Looked like Tarzan and played like Cheetah.
Its going back a while now, but from memory he was in top 10 in mock drafts, and most were amazed when he wasnt picked up in the ND, pretty much because of his athletic attributes.

Reactions: 1 user
I would have no hesitation if we selected the Viking at #6
I think he has got massive upside still and being a november birthdate he will develop more than most

Does anybody here have his combine results ?
Im extremely hesitant to trade upto #2 in this draft mainly due to ne clear stand outs in the top 6-7
The Viking will bring the fans in. Trevor Barker like marking

Sorry mate but I’m with ya on this bloke , has a bit of athleticism on the other highly rated big fellas , that hang and cluck is special , obviously playing juniors at the back half makes it look a bit better however his judgment of getting the ball at its highest point has forward written all over him .

Would you pull trigger at 6 ?

Any mids you would take before the Minnesota?

Momentum's building!!

Get ready to fill Punt Rd end and intimidate the opposition wearing this!!

1729592003897.png

This is why I want all 8 draft picks...I want Ough as a late pick...he could easily be the best of the lot.
I have said previously he has everything and could be a N Fyfe..seriously...he has it all.
I want him with our 7th or 8th pick.

Reactions: 4 users
I dont care about next year.
I want 8 this year.
4 mids
2 kpf
2 small forwards...now!
It will take 3 + years for maturity.
Do it now.
Get Smart next year...

Reactions: 5 users
For anyone who can’t be bothered going through all 27 pages of the ZeroHanger article (one pick per page) our selections are:
FOS, Reid, Travalgia, Tauru, Berry, Faull & Barrat.

Not a bad mix, but I’m not sure we would be taking Reid at 6/7 if Smillie was still on the board, as he is here. I think I would prefer Lindsay to Travalgia too.

Reactions: 2 users
For anyone who can’t be bothered going through all 27 pages of the ZeroHanger article (one pick per page) our selections are:

Not a bad mix, but I’m not sure we would be taking Reid at 6/7 if Smillie was still on the board, as he is here. I think I would prefer Lindsay to Travalgia too.
Couple of sites and YT nuffs picking Reid for us. Seems to be the new thing.

Are they still doing the two day draft structure with the first round on day 1?That structure gives extra value to our 8th pick. We'll have 24 hours to listen to offers for other clubs' future first rounders.

Who the *smile* is the Viking?

Please use real names, we have so many picks and there are so many players who nominate for the draft that some clarity is of clear benefit.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Yep.
Replace Reid with Langford/Smith and Travalgia with Armstrong and I’d be wrapt

Yep.
Replace Reid with Langford/Smith and Travalgia with Armstrong and I’d be wrapt
Yes but in this mock the Hotel and Jags were gone by 5
And Armstrong gone by 9.
We couldn't have picked them.

Instead i'd pick the Viking at 6, then WABo at 12 and Lindsay 13

I'd be happy with Berry and Faull, but instead of Barrat (we already have picked 2 talls including the Scandinavian swingman) i would select Harry Oliver

Reactions: 1 user