2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

He aint going at 1 Scoop.
Its all up in the air, I doubt the club has locked in anyone.

Like I've said I'm ok with Jagga, Lalor or FOS. I don't have a anti on any of them.

I don't like taking Lalor and FOS together because of the body question marks but if your go Lalor/FOS and then Langford, I'm fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Its all up in the air, I doubt the club has locked in anyone.

Like I've said I'm ok with Jagga, Lalor or FOS. I don't have a anti on any of them.

I don't like taking Lalor and FOS together because of the body question marks but if your go Lalor/FOS and then Langford, I'm fine.
Would you do 6 & 23 for 2?

If we got 2 and took your pick Jagga at 1, who would you want at 2?

He's gotta be in the frame, doesn't he, TT?

He's a bit speculative as it stands but there will be believers and they will bid. But where? Is he top 5? Top 10?
The early intel on Hotten would be with the Saints from Toce's time there.
Saints may take him at 7 -8

I would be ok with taking Langford/FOS at 1 and Hotton at 6.

Reactions: 1 user
Carlton set the standard with 12 and 14 for 3 we should not be considering 6 in the equation. The draft is deep and players will slide

I’ve been against trading up for 2, but if 6 & 23 (coincidentally what we got for Rioli) could get it done, it would be seriously worth considering.

Mick Ablett who is pretty good in the player talent space on SEN this morning reckons Blair Hartley is an absolute genius to end up with the draft hand we have and it was deliberate by Blair to have this many picks this year, (referring to trading we did last year for future 2025 picks), in what in his opinion is the strongest draft in 6-8 years. Not great to lose players but if you had to do it it was absolutely the right time.
Talent so good and deep he would take all picks to the draft and wouldn't trade into 2025 unless they got some unbelievable offer.
He also personally wouldn't bundle picks for pick 2.
Say's if we get draft right he could see us bouncing back in 2 to 3 years.

This interview is virtually a replica as what was said on SEN:

He mentions Blair earlier in video but most Richmond content you can skip to the 14:55 mark:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
“Personally, Sid Draper would seem to be a perfect fit. The South Australian product might be the best prospect full stop.

His agility and speed as a starting inside midfielder have been on show all season at a high level. He’s the sort of player who can play early and play often and is a complete point of difference to what Carlton has.”

From “The Roar” today……18/10
Backs up my thoughts (regarding Cartoons FoS charade) which are probably incorrect ….. much like most of BF.

Regards,
Stan
he's the one for me too, but will he want out in 2-3 years time? Could always trade him then for 2FR and a 2R if he's a gun by then

He's gotta be in the frame, doesn't he, TT?

He's a bit speculative as it stands but there will be believers and they will bid. But where? Is he top 5? Top 10?
Probably around the 9-15 range I reckon. I'd be happy to take him, yes there is a bit of an injury risk, but his upside is as high as anyone in the draft IMO.

How far does Trainor slide?

Was touted top 2/ top 5 until the end of the season and concussion. So its a serious concern, no doubt clubs will be vfry risk adverse.

I dont think we should take a swing, we have Gibcus and Brown in similar roles. And we have enough injury questions.

But 18? Could North get him then?
With Armstrong, Tauru, Whitlock x2, Shanahan there are enough talls to take before Trainor. 18?
From what I've heard, the concussion issues are real and extend back to his childhood.

Given most of the touted talls are forwards (at least at this stage), I think Trainor's problems are one reason why Tauru is tearing up the board.

I won't be at all surprised if Trainor falls to night two, and probably all the way to a pick where the risk can be justified.

I'm now of the view that Melbourne takes Tauru at #5 if given the chance.

If that's how it looks like it will play out, North has a problem on its hands.

Of all the permutations, I reckon it's most likely North keeps #2 and goes with O'Sullivan (provided we pick Lalor).

A close second is that they split #2 (probably with us) and go for Armstrong at, say, #10.

A distant third option is that they keep #2 and pick Tauru.

I'm all for holding our current picks but could be tempted 6,23 for 2

That gap between 1 and 6 at times just feel that one or two spots too far away.

For me 6,10 and 11 shape up as our most important picks