2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Who are they?

Weddle appears a very good athlete but can also play. Others?
This will cause a stir with a few on here but Mac Andrew ,great athlete but lacks the football nous ,and is a total hot head .
I will give you more ,when l find more time ,trying to do a few things at once.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeh, bt has a set against him and ain't budging.

His numbers and the vision show a pretty fearless, agile, stick fighting way out of his weight class - and doing it well.
Well the weight class gets bigger and faster and more physical in the AFL.

Reactions: 1 user
I can win 20 clearances if l stand outside a pack and receive the ball from someones hard work ,
Contested possessions are a grey area to me these days ,you only have to be in the area of about 2-3 meters of a opposition player to get a stat.
no, the player on the outside that clears the ball does not get credited for the clearance unless they were the first possession.

Clearance: Credited to the player who has the first effective disposal in a chain that clears the stoppage area, or an ineffective kick or clanger kick that clears the stoppage area

Reactions: 3 users
Like l said l think it's a grey area .

I have Lalor 1,,FOS 2,,Draper3,,then for me it becomes open Reid 4.Trainor 5.Smith 6 then of course you have Ashcroft and Lombard in that mix .
Reid to me is more versatile than Smith ,but equally as good in the same position

Not a bad effort from fat guts ,considering he still has a lot more fitness to come .
Onwards and upwards.
Certainly a lot to like, huge potential when he gets fitter. If we miss out on FOS, I can see a Lalor and Smith combo working very well.

Baker is going to WC
Really? According to whom?

There has been speculation he prefers the eagles because he supported them from some.

I have seen all the reasons why we should do deals for bakes and Bolton and I get them but to me all the reasons why we should do it are the same reasons why west coast shouldn’t.

Anyway EZY we shall see

Certainly a lot to like, huge potential when he gets fitter. If we miss out on FOS, I can see a Lalor and Smith combo working very well.
FOS because of his school in Melbourne chose to play for Oakleigh ,but other wise was zoned to the Rebels and could of been playing with Lalor .
From the small amount they played together for Vic Country they combined really well.
That would be my combination .but we will probably end up with Smillie and Smith :eek::eek::ROFLMAO:

Not a bad effort from fat guts ,considering he still has a lot more fitness to come .
Onwards and upwards.
I know it’s said in jest, but why is “fat guts” Lalor not in peak fitness at a very important time of the year?
I realise he’s had injuries earlier this year but surely he’s been working his ass off to get back to peak condition.
If he’s not, then maybe he’s not prepared to put the work in.
Something to consider

I know it’s said in jest, but why is “fat guts” Lalor not in peak fitness at a very important time of the year?
I realise he’s had injuries earlier this year but surely he’s been working his ass off to get back to peak condition.
Something to consider
Maybe he's been bulking to gain size whilst injured and hasn't worked off the excess or maybe trying to drop himself in the order to get to a certain club?

Need to bear in mind these guys are vce students or similar ie apprentices and have a full life outside playing football.
Cant expect them to put the time into fitness and training like full time afl players.

Last edited:
Need to bear in mind these guys are vce students or similar ie apprentices and have a full life outside playing football.
Cant expect them to put the time into fitnesd and training like full time afl players.
Not comparing them to AFL players.
Only to other draftees

FOS because of his school in Melbourne chose to play for Oakleigh ,but other wise was zoned to the Rebels and could of been playing with Lalor .
From the small amount they played together for Vic Country they combined really well.
That would be my combination .but we will probably end up with Smillie and Smith :eek::eek::ROFLMAO:
Do you see Lalor in the mould of De Goey?

Not comparing them to AFL players.
Only to other draftees
No...the point I am making is that these young men dont necessarily have the time or facilities to maintain good fitness, injury rehab, diet , etc etc...and so cannot be expected to be in ideal condition at all times, especially if struggling with injury.

Last edited:
Somewhat. De Goofey is a bit quicker, but Donut Guts is a bit gruntier, physical, contested, and a better kick I reckon.
Is top 5 worthy for sure. At 1? Not sure.

I can’t remember another year where there is no clear number 1 standout by this time of the year.

Don’t forget Gray
Not forgotten, but no junior status, or missed being picked up as a kid. Taken from suburban footy in the mid season draft due to how desperate we were for KPP size players, few VFL games n rips *smile* out of a hammy. Think I'm happy to chase a couple of the best possible young KPP prospects in the draft n if Gray manages to beat the odds n become a handy forward at AFL level then that's pure bone arse.

Something to consider
For a kid that’s just turned 18 he seems to be able to run out a game of footy okay.
At a guess it’s probably a case of letting him get footy fit and work on his craft and not get too worried about his skin folds. But once in an AFL environment he’ll be fine.