2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Yes
You're all over the picks/trading/fs/values of things. Who do you see us most likely dealing with - and in exchange for what - in order to exhaust the f/s requirements between Brisbane, GC, Carlton, Adelaide ?
Posh is all over it.

To isolate brisbane, back of the envelope;

current picks 12, 50, 62, 68 = 1723 points

Ashcroft, say pick 2 (1-5), 2517-20% = 2012 (that hurts typing that)
Marshall say pick 12 (10-18), 1268-20%= 1015 (" ")

They need 3027pts, they have 1723. They need to find a pick 10s worth of points, a pick 6 worth to be safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Least we know he can get the ball.

Yes and only n daicos and will ashcroft in recent history have been as prolific i think?

Im really looking forward to jagga playing a vfl game or too.

I reckon he'll go in the guts and get 25 creative possies, like the real good ones tend to do.

Reactions: 1 user
I think GC is a given. Brisbane probably also likely. Carlton is a maybe, but I assume their pick will be late, but could be a possibility too.

Adelaide probably less likely, had they actually performed this year (and Welch didn't slide) then their 1st was probably a chance, but I'd say there is zero chance they will trade their 1st now and their next pick isn't until 29. They may well trade that back a little bit or into next year, or they potentially might look to trade that and a future 2nd to Carlton or Brissy for their 1sts, though Brissy really need picks this year.

I would say we should be targeting Gold Coast's (and that will mean trading some future picks, hence why if we get WC's 2nd this year and next I'm not as upset as others as I think it gives us a path back into 1 of GC's 1sts - at the end of the day GC don't really care what the pick number is for next year, just the value, as currently it looks as if they will be using them to match a Uwland bid in the top 3 anyway).

So short line - Gold Coast and Brisbane for me.

All makes sense except Uwland top 3. Hes an outside HbF'er who isnt an elite kick.

Theres hype cause he gets alot of ball and is GCA who are hot and had a bro.

It a shallow year if hes top 10

Yes

Posh is all over it.

To isolate brisbane, back of the envelope;

current picks 12, 50, 62, 68 = 1723 points

Ashcroft, say pick 2 (1-5), 2517-20% = 2012 (that hurts typing that)
Marshall say pick 12 (10-18), 1268-20%= 1015 (" ")

They need 3027pts, they have 1723. They need to find a pick 10s worth of points, a pick 6 worth to be safe.
Not convinced Marshall's top-20..

Reactions: 1 users
Fair enough. He's a late first/ early second for me, but I prefer others myself. The punditry has him 12-18. Recent history, for whatever reason, has the northern academy players in the 15 to 35 bracket tending to go for overs.

But yeah

My point stand though, to make a certainty of getting them both, when of course the price could well be significantly less, thats what they need to get. If you go to an auction for something you want, and you have last right of refusal, you have to cover all possibilities.

Last edited:
I don't think Brisbane will care about getting Marshall - or shouldn't. With Joe 30 they're better off going for Shanahan, Sims or Faull.

I don't think Brisbane will care about getting Marshall - or shouldn't. With Joe 30 they're better off going for Shanahan, Sims or Faull.
Maybe, but I reckon they'll get him. And even if they don't and go for one of your fwds, my point still stands re the required points in any case, they'll need more, no 20% discount. Ashcroft will swallow all their current picks and then some.

Last edited:
If none of Graham, rioli, bolton,Baker leave, what are we going to do to grab another lowish 1st round pick.
And if not then would love seeing whom we get at pick 22.

I reckon North will overtake West Coast, who I could easily see going winless in an attempt to steal pick 1.

Had a play with what I thought might happen:

1. Richmond - Vontae O'Cotchin
2. Gold Coast (matching West Coast bid) - Leo Lombard
3. Brisbane (matching West Coast bid) - Levi Ashcroft
4. West Coast - Sid Viscous
5. North Melbourne - Luke Trainor
6. St Kilda - Guy Smillie
7. Adelaide - Sam Lalor
8. Richmond - Jagga Bomb
9. Western Bulldogs (traded their future first to GC to get their own original pick back) - Murphy Reid
10. Hawthorn - Taj Hotton
11. Melbourne - Jobe Shanahan
12. Richmond (Freo's Collingwood pick for Baker) - Bo Allan

Dream scenario.

I reckon 12 is a bit of a reach for Allan, but if we had FOS and jagga in the bag, i baby reach, reach

Yes and only n daicos and will ashcroft in recent history have been as prolific i think?

Im really looking forward to jagga playing a vfl game or too.

I reckon he'll go in the guts and get 25 creative possies, like the real good ones tend to do.
Whens he playing for us?

Whens he playing for us?

Id expect a VFL game in a fortnight, and an AFL game rd 1 2025

Sundays champs GF is pretty huge given the amount of first rounders on show and some of the uncertainties

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user