2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Probably. But the question with Reid is that he’s small and slight. How will that translate into the AFL. Great skills, smart. But his lack of size (180) and weight is a query.

If he was 184-80 he’d be a top 5.

Is he a similar type to Judson Clarke?

Probably. But the question with Reid is that he’s small and slight. How will that translate into the AFL. Great skills, smart. But his lack of size (180) and weight is a query.

If he was 184-80 he’d be a top 5.
He's the same height and less slight than Jagga. And more damaging.

Smith worked into it.
Just so good between the ears. And super clean. Rolled gold.
Gross and Moraes competitors who will have very good AFL careers.
Draper for SA a jet.
Wonder how much better FOS is over some of the boys I’ve mentioned and where does Hotten fit into this

Hurt factor
Yes and his size and frame. Can it translate into the AFL.

People can’t say they have a query on a guy (Jagga) because of his dimensions relative to his role (midfield) and then say you don’t with another (Reid) when he also has the same dimensions and similar role.

That wouldn’t make sense.

Yes and his size and frame. Can it translate into the AFL.

People can’t say they have a query on a guy (Jagga) because of his dimensions relative to his role (midfield) and then say you don’t with another (Reid) when he also has the same dimensions and similar role.

That wouldn’t make sense.
My query on Jagga is less his size than his impact. Does that make sense?

And it's only in terms of using pick 1/2 on him. I'd be happy enough to get him at pick 7 or 10.

There's no campaign against him, except against picking him instead of FOS. Redfrod said what's the query. Hurt factor is the query, everyone says it.
It's very plain to see. He's brilliant at what he does. But you must have the players around him bringing his play to the fore. This guy literally never kicks it 50m. Doesn't happen. That's not to say we won't or don't have the players to help Jag's play stand out. He could be absolutely brilliant in the right side. If it's me picking, I'll go the player who can take a mark, belt it by foot, and still get 20-25.

Reactions: 1 user
Moraes played well. Someone earlier compared him to Dow. He has way better running capacity than Dow has. I hope we don't take Smillie. Gross played well too. He works hard.

My query on Jagga is less his size than his impact. Does that make sense?
Hah hah hah. Ok by “less his size” you obviously still have it as a potential issue with Jagga, but you don’t with Reid ?

Cmon now. It’s a consideration, you have to acknowledge. Otherwise, no, you’re not making any sense.

Hah hah hah. Ok by “less his size” you obviously still have it as a potential issue with Jagga, but you don’t with Reid ?

Cmon now. It’s a consideration, you have to acknowledge. Otherwise, no, you’re not making any sense.
Wtf are you talking about?

I said Reid's size was no more of an issue than Jagga's, not that it wasn't a factor at all.

Moraes played well. Someone earlier compared him to Dow. He has way better running capacity than Dow has. I hope we don't take Smillie.
Dow has 2 kicks to half time in the VFL. Moraes would, at a minimum, quadruple that I reckon. Can’t speak to the quality of them, but he’d blow Dow into the weeds for involvement regardless.

Wtf are you talking about?

I said Reid's size was no more of an issue than Jagga's, not that it wasn't a factor at all.
Well, you didn’t actually say it was “no more of an issue” at all, but at least you’ve now made it clearer that it is a factor to consider with Reid. Which it is.