2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Sinn is a fascinating prospect. Everything points to him being the one that people look back on and go "how the hell did he go at the pick?"

Sinn and Sonsie could be two of the best 5 taken in this draft. Wouldn't shock me a bit.
Sinn could also be an outright bust, soft tissue injuries aside he's had so little exposure at the top level, you could get a Tom Swift type scenario as has happened numerous times, even Kavanagh presented in a similar manner to Sinn.

They can match a bid under 20 unfortunately. The change of the first 20 picks being protected (and 40 for metro areas) was NGA specific, meaning the Northern academies aren't affected.

Agree on a breakaway half back and Sinn or Fahey would be good additions to our backline and I wouldn't be unhappy with either.

I'm kind of on the same viewpoint as Bully, that our 20's picks are slightly too late, and the players I'd like might well be off the board hence willing to trade up.

If for example, we took Johnson, Ward or Erasmus with our 1st and keeping it simple, Fahey or Sinn with our 2nd. I'd want to trade up to ensure we got MacDonald as I think he's perfect for us. I'd be happy to trade up and hopefully get a 40's pick back in the trade and use that to take 1 of Judson Clarke, or Fejo to add to our small forwards. There are several players in that 40-50 region that I think have some real upside, players like Lohmann, Lord, Warner, Curtis too.
There is a top 5, the next 5-7 and then 15-20 that could go in any order.
The further away from the top 5 the more unpredictable.

I like Alleer, Fejo and Howes.
Most seem not quite as keen on Alleer and Fejo!
Howes is a different case again.

As is usual it becomes subjective at this point,
but the advantage we have is that whatever happens here, our chances are better than usual because the general quality deep into this draft is much better than usual.
Hanging on to our 5 is for me clearly the best course.

Reactions: 1 users
Sinn is a fascinating prospect. Everything points to him being the one that people look back on and go "how the hell did he go at the pick?"

Sinn and Sonsie could be two of the best 5 taken in this draft. Wouldn't shock me a bit.
Sinn to the Saints is my call

Reactions: 1 users
Sinn to the Saints is my call
I thought Rachele was the fit but he will be long gone by then. I actually think Matthew Johnson is the perfect fit for them.

They won't take that risk on Sinn at 9. They still need quality mids. Johnson next to Steele is a very good pairing.

Reactions: 1 user
Still a ways to go but looking like one of Ward or Hobbs may be available at 9.

Latest goss is the top 10 is going as follows:

1. JHF
2. Darcy
3. Daicos
4. Callaghan
5. Andrew
6. Rachele
7. Gibcus
8. Amiss - listened to the Hard Ball Gets podcast. WA U18 Coach is interviewed and confirmed he thinks Amiss will be the first of the WA boys to go with both him and Johnson having top 10 interest
9. Hobbs or Ward
10. Johnson

So much for it being a weak draft for talls - 4 in the top 8

WA coach also expects JVR to go 1st Round and Erasmus in the top 15.

Reactions: 6 users
I thought Rachele was the fit but he will be long gone by then. I actually think Matthew Johnson is the perfect fit for them.

They won't take that risk on Sinn at 9. They still need quality mids. Johnson next to Steele is a very good pairing.
Johnson likely to be gone too by the Saints pick.
But agree that he would suit them beautifully

1. JHF
2. Darcy
3. Daicos
4. Callaghan
5. Andrew
6. Rachele
7. Gibcus
8. Amiss - listened to the Hard Ball Gets podcast. WA U18 Coach is interviewed and confirmed he thinks Amiss will be the first of the WA boys to go with both him and Johnson having top 10 interest
9. Hobbs or Ward
10. Johnson

It's in this article that I put up on Friday bout Freo likely to first pick Amiss. Here it is again.

I know it's more of a pipe dream but If Hobbs and Ward were both available could we somehow get our hands on the Saints pick 9 (11), this board would be doing cartwheels if we were able to nab both Hobbs and Ward, what a tantalising duo.

amiss.png

Reactions: 2 users

1. JHF
2. Darcy
3. Daicos
4. Callaghan
5. Andrew
6. Rachele
7. Gibcus
9. Hobbs or Ward
10. Johnson

You think Hawks will overlook Ward? Can’t see it.

Word is the blues are into him at pick 25, I rate him highly and hope he makes it to our 2nd rounders

MACCA.jpg

SAM BUTLER remembers the moment his big brother Dan won his first premiership.

He also remembers the scenes just after the Richmond's 2017 Grand Final victory, when Sam himself – then just 14 years of age – got his own piece of priceless premiership memorabilia.

"You know that photo with Dusty and Dane Swan in the rooms? I'm in the background. I was pretty happy about that one," Sam laughed.

Four years on, Sam has developed into a tough 184cm mid-forward and is on the cusp of making more of his own memories at this month's NAB AFL Draft after an impressive season with the Greater Western Victoria Rebels.

Yeah I'd love to get this kid. If he's still on there at the Blues pick, do we offer up 2 picks in the 2nd round and get back a 2022 3rd from the Blues?
I'd say we'll have to if we want the top tier, it's very much looking like Howes, McDonald & Taylor will be off the board.

Yeah I'd love to get this kid. If he's still on there at the Blues pick, do we offer up 2 picks in the 2nd round and get back a 2022 3rd from the Blues?

There's one thing I truly believe there will be sliders and a player the Blues thought may not have been there at 25 appears, I think we sit tight with our 5 picks.
Unless we can do a deal with the Lions to get their (18) or Freo's (19), and we trade one of our 2nd rounders plus a future 2nd (tied to us, not Norths).
Having another top 20 pick would allow us, for example, to get say a combination of Sonsie and Butler or JVR & Goater to name a few.

As much as I would love another pick around 10, I wouldn't want to be giving up the farm. The best strategy is targeting a pick around 16-20

There's one thing I truly believe there will be sliders and a player the Blues thought may not have been there at 25 appears, I think we sit tight with our 5 picks.
Unless we can do a deal with the Lions to get their (18) or Freo's (19), and we trade one of our 2nd rounders plus a future 2nd (tied to us, not Norths).
Having another top 20 pick would allow us, for example, to get say a combination of Sonsie and Butler or JVR & Goater to name a few.

As much as I would love another pick around 10, I wouldn't want to be giving up the farm. The best strategy is targeting a pick around 16-20
North have pick 20.
On the day I,d swap 26 and 27 for it.

They built an era off Franklin and Roughhead so yeah I think it’s a fair chance they’ll take whoever of Gibcus and Andrew is still available
I have read many rumours of late and one of them is the Hawks keeping a very close eye on Gibcus.

The other one is GC have Callaghan, Andrew & Gibcus as their preferences in that order.

This means I have every confidence that Hobbs will be a Tiger.