2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

He gave away 14 frees in his first 5 games. They are clangers. Thats half the total. Kicking was never an issue.
Kicking on the full, kicking straight to the opposition, I can even recall a fresh airy amongst his 28 clangers. Four times that season he hit the magical 7 clanger milestone, he was a joke to opposition supporters, I was left to defend him on many occasions.

Reactions: 1 user
Can't confirm whether the club has but saw this one line on BF> Kaden Harbour. Richmond has been speaking to him. Could be a chance.
Would need to come with a later pick.

Admittingly watching and reading info about many youngsters, I don't know a hell of a lot about Harbour. So I gathered up some info.
Many of us have been impressed by Ronald Fego Jr but curious to hear what PREnders thoughts are on Kaden Harbour.

#5 Kaden Harbour (East Perth)

WA-celebrate.jpg

The pressure forward had a game to remember, bringing his usual energy and frantic approach to tackling to the game and forcing mistakes from the opposition with his relentless pressuring. It wasn’t just pressure work from Harbour, he proved to be lively in offensive play as well, with his ability to consistently hit front-and-centres and following up with generally sound disposal. Harbour maintained his composure through traffic, holding his hands high to keep them free and pass it off to a teammate. Harbours also took more and more inside 50 marks as the game went on, but was unable to convert on the scoreboard.

WESTERN AUSTRALIA 2.4 | 5.5 | 6.9 | 8.11 (59)
SOUTH AUSTRALIA 0.2 | 3.2 | 5.4 | 8.6 (54)

GOALS:

WA:
J. Stretch 2, A. Jones, R. Farmer, B. Hough, C. Bourne, K. Harbour, J. Van Rooyen.
SA: I. Dudley 3, J. Owens 2, O. Steene, H. Lemmey, H Jackson

DC BEST:

WA:
M. Johnson, K. Dittmar, J. Van Rooyen, J. Stretch, J. Broadbent
SA: B. O’Loughlin, N. Wanganeen-Milera, I. Dudley, H. Lemmey, M. Liddy

Kaden-Harbour-WA-2021-U19s.jpg

EAST PERTH SMALL FORWARD

Kaden Harbour

Height: 178cm
Weight: 78kg
D.O.B: 26-09-2003
Leagues: WAFL Colts
Image Credit: Mark Brake/AFL Photos

POSITION: Small Forward

Playing part in the East Perth Colts side throughout season 2021, Harbour proved to be a headache for opposition defenders. He ran amok with his urgency to win the ball inside forward 50, creating plenty of pressure and opportunities to lay tackles. The small forward averaged 12.2 disposals and four tackles a game in the Colts to go with his 17 goals, and whilst stringing consistent performances is something he’ll be working on in the future, he has shown plenty of promise in his appearances.

Harbour is a prospect who has developed strongly over the course of the year, coming from a ways back to earn state Under 19 representative honours and a draft combine invite. While still very much an impact player, he showcased his work rate at all levels in 2021 - working up the ground, harassing the opposition, and looking to do damage going back towards goal with his pace and penetrating kicking.

STRENGTHS:
+ Tackling pressure
+ Forward craft
+ Speed
+ Kick penetration

IMPROVEMENTS:
- Kicking consistency
- Production

LAST 10 MATCHES​

ROUNDGRADEOPPOSITIONKHDMTHOFFFAGB
Finals Week 2, 2021ColtsEast Fremantle76135601110
Finals Week 1, 2021ColtsClaremont6172401201
Round 21, 2021ColtsSubiaco93124000113
Round 19, 2021ColtsSwan Districts93121501200
Round 18, 2021ColtsPerth64102300230
Round 14, 2021ColtsWest Perth115166200110
Round 12, 2021ColtsPeel Thunder75121200031
Round 10, 2021ColtsSouth Fremantle8080202021
Round 9, 2021ReservesWest Perth5270201000
Round 8, 2021ReservesClaremont116171201111

Ronald Fejo Jnr

Ronald-Fejo-Allies-2021-AFLU19s.jpg

Ronald Fejo Jnr

Height: 178cm
Weight: 70kg
D.O.B: 16-12-2001
Leagues: SANFL Reserves
Leagues: SANFL League
Leagues: NAB League Boys

• SNAPSHOT​

• ANALYSIS​

An over-age Northern Territory native who captured attention upon his move to South Australia, Ronald Fejo Jnr has plenty of class and footballing pedigree. With special dispensation, he represented the NT Thunder Academy and Allies this season on the back of an eye-catching SANFL Reserves campaign with West Adelaide, where he also briefly cracked the League grade.
With carving agility and great foot skills, Fejo is a real threat going forward on the outside. He cuts through defensive lines like a hot knife through butter, backing his pace to take the game on and provide each side he turns out for with some genuine attacking flair. While he has noticeable class on the ball, Fejo will be working on building his consistency and adding strength to his frame.

NAB LEAGUE BOYS

SEASONTEAMKHBDMCPUPTHOCLRI50R50GLGMKHDMHOTGDC
2019NORTHERN TERRITORY181533482460214136.05.011.01.30.02.00.338
2021NORTHERN TERRITORY2712391300100840213.56.019.56.50.00.50.082
TOTAL-4527721782470298159.05.414.43.40.01.40.2120

1636632093986.jpeg
Massive hands! Worth a punt

Can't confirm whether the club has but saw this one line on BF> Kaden Harbour. Richmond has been speaking to him. Could be a chance.
Would need to come with a later pick.

Admittingly watching and reading info about many youngsters, I don't know a hell of a lot about Harbour. So I gathered up some info.
Many of us have been impressed by Ronald Fego Jr but curious to hear what PREnders thoughts are on Kaden Harbour.
Did some ok things in the state game I saw but didn't really rate the kid from what I saw. Noticed him early because I thought he was Dittmar.
Its quite possible he been spoken just through due diligence. and possibly from a down the track approach.
Cant see us taking him with any of the picks we have available atm.
More than likely killing 2 birds with one stone whilst we've been scouting his East Perth team mates Amiss, Dittmar,Regan & Tunstill who also play for the Royals.

The genius 'Peter' trading 7, 15 and future second to GWS for 2 and a future third, then offering 2 and a future first to Freo for 6 and 8.
If 'Freo' had agreed, that would have been:
In: 6, 8, future third
Out: 7, 15, future first, future second.

Wow. You can see why these guys get the big bucks.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
The genius 'Peter' trading 7, 15 and future second to GWS for 2 and a future third, then offering 2 and a future first to Freo for 6 and 8.
If 'Freo' had agreed, that would have been:
In: 6, 8, future third
Out: 7, 15, future first, future second.

Wow. You can see why these guys get the big bucks.

hypothetical trading is a complete joke.

I had $1m hypothetical on the first 4 in The Cup.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
yikes.. how do you even find images like this?
what are they?

They are the latest insta-sensation i was alerted to by teenagers.

They do a freestyle rap called 'island boys'

That is soooooooooo bad, its made them a hit

They cant pick quality kids with 1st rounders. They capitulate.

Trade away pick 7 & 15 for 5 picks in the 20's/30's. where they excell.
They seem to be more open with decisions on picking kids with 2nd & 3rd rounders.
They are useless with first rounders.
They need to stay home the first night and turn up on Friday when the 3rd and 4th rounders are on And then the rookie draft
If you can call pick 18 x3 as 1st rounders.lol

OK, hearing now that Mac Andrew isn't a lock for GWS at 2. They are warming to Rachele.

Clubs raving about Rachele's footy smarts, confidence and leadership traits. Seen as someone who has genuine swagger, not aggorance and is a very likeable kid. Won't shy away from big moments.

I didn't think he was that good to go top five but it seems like it's almost a certainty. Adelaide is also super keen.

It's all gossip at this point but for what it's worth this is from the same source who told me Melbourne were taking Luke Jackson a long way out from the draft.

• Wow
Reactions: 11 users
OK, hearing now that Mac Andrew isn't a lock for GWS at 2. They are warming to Rachele.

Clubs raving about Rachele's footy smarts, confidence and leadership traits. Seen as someone who has genuine swagger, not aggorance and is a very likeable kid. Won't shy away from big moments.

I didn't think he was that good to go top five but it seems like it's almost a certainty. Adelaide is also super keen.

It's all gossip at this point but for what it's worth this is from the same source who told me Melbourne were taking Luke Jackson a long way out from the draft.

wow, I wonder what that means for Callaghan?

Interesting news, certainly opens things up a bit. This is really resembling the 2005 draft when Dale Thomas screamed up the charts in the final few days.

wow, I wonder what that means for Callaghan?
It would be ironic if Callaghan landed at 9 but I suspect he won't slide past Hawthorn. It does mean we're probably looking at Ward or Hobbs at our first selection.

Best HF line in the league.
Toby Green and Rachele or Castagna and Aarts?

Interesting news, certainly opens things up a bit. This is really resembling the 2005 draft when Dale Thomas screamed up the charts in the final few days.

It would be ironic if Callaghan landed at 9 but I suspect he won't slide past Hawthorn. It does mean we're probably looking at Ward or Hobbs at our first selection.
To be any chance of Ward or Hobbs we need Mac Andrew to be taken in the top 8. Not sure where he goes if GWS don't pounce.