2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Mate, they were both mentioned by Twomey & Shifter as potential top 20 picks, go back and listen to the podcast.
I haven’t listened to it as at work.

If they didn’t pick them though it means neither are in their top 15 to 20 yeah?

Twomey has the best mail going around.

Tried telling folks on here that their luv for Sonsie and Taylor was misplaced. I got hounded off the board by Bullus and co for saying it though

Also on the record as saying Fahey and Brown right in the mix for our pick 17. Fahey even a sneaky chance at 9.
Come on KK there is no chance Fahey goes that high.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven’t listened to it as at work.

If they didn’t pick them though it means neither are in their top 15 to 20 yeah?
Twomey picked Chesser as needs based but mentioned Sonsie & Taylor as distinct possibilities. What I've been saying for a couple of weeks is that Howes, Sonsie, Taylor, Butler & McDonald could all be off the board by the time pick 30 rolls around, hence the reason I would be open to bundling our 4th & 5th picks (likely 31 & 32) to ensure we get one of the two.

Reactions: 2 users
Come on KK there is no chance Fahey goes that high.
Agree it’s doubtful but he is a lot higher on several club boards than most realise.

GWS are planning in case a bid comes before pick 13. We are a big wrap so won’t be surprised if both Hobbs and Ward are gone before 9 to see his name pop up.

He played in a VFL game for GWS at Punt Rd Oval this year in front of a number of our coaches and he was their best player.

The last draftable player to catch Dimmas attention in a game was Bolton.

We bid at 9 and some chance GWS let him through. Bid at 17 and it’s no chance

Twomey has the best mail going around.

Tried telling folks on here that their luv for Sonsie and Taylor was misplaced. I got hounded off the board by Bullus and co for saying it though

Also on the record as saying Fahey and Brown right in the mix for our pick 17. Fahey even a sneaky chance at 9.

From what I read this mock draft is based on clubs needs and not who they think each club will pick.

This week's episode of Road to the Draft podcast features a mock draft of the first round of selections based on each club's needs for those picks.
The choices are picked by AFL.com.au's Cal Twomey and AFL national talent ambassador Kevin Sheehan as they discuss each club's priorities and where this year's draft talent fits in.

Just on Cal, 2 weeks ago his phantom draft had Sonsie at (16), Taylor (25), Tom Brown (23) and Fahey (26).

@Leysy Days is probably right.

Hobbs is going to have be pretty talented to make it .

183cm mid paced , mid skilled, elite desperation, elite CP, and leadership.

The only other player with this athletic profile and playing style that has been a star was Joel Selwood ?

Can't think of many others in the last 10 years.

I am missing something ?
Taylor Adams, Dion Prestia, Oliver Wines (slightly taller), Touk Miller, Rory Sloane.

That's off the top of my head. There is heaps of them.

Pick 1- JHF
Pick 2 - Daicos
Pick 3 - Darcy
Pick 4 - Gibcus
Pick 5 - Callaghan
Pick 6 - Rachele
Pick 7 - Ward
Pick 8 - Hobbs
Pick 9 - Erasmus
Pick 10 - Amiss
Pick 11 - Andrew
Pick 12 - Wanganeen-Milera
Pick 13 - Johnson
Pick 14 - Sinn
Pick 15 - Goater
Pick 16 - Wilmot
Pick 17 - JVR
Pick 18 - Fahey
Pick 19 - Brown
Pick 20 - Howes
Pick 21 - Chesser

Freo surely won't pick Hobbs over Erasmus or Johnson. Freo's pick 6 and 8, I personally think they will stick with homegrown talent and thus pick Erasmus and Amiss.

Andrew, does anyone really see him going outside the top 10? I don't.

Reactions: 1 users
Taylor Adams, Dion Prestia, Oliver Wines (slightly taller), Touk Miller, Rory Sloane.

That's off the top of my head. There is heaps of them.

Taylor Adams plays quicker Pick 13
Prestia Pick 9, much better athlete
Wines no comparison he is a much bigger body and he is in the top 5 distance runners at port
Miller much better athlete 10.19 3km time
Sloane I agree with, same size and athletic profile, he went Pick 44

Freo surely won't pick Hobbs over Erasmus or Johnson. Freo's pick 6 and 8, I personally think they will stick with homegrown talent and thus pick Erasmus and Amiss.

Andrew, does anyone really see him going outside the top 10? I don't.
Freo don’t show any bias to local talent. Top 10 picks in the recent past have been Brayshaw, Cerra, Young and Serong all Victorians. Henry was only taken at 9 due to a Carlton bid that SOS used to buy time for a trade. Freo are still pee’d about it.

One of Serong or Brayshaw will be their next captain.

They’ll pick Hobbs if they rate him higher.

They’ll pick Hobbs if they rate him higher.

Well yes, can't disagree with that, but have they seen enough of Hobbs to pull the trigger on him instead of Erasmus, Johnson, Amiss.
I personally think they will pick the WA lads.

2 more weeks all will be revealed. Haven't been this excited for a draft for years!

I like Johnson's athleticism and height as points of difference if we miss Hobbs or Ward and go a mid.

I haven't seen much of Erasmus.
What would he offer over Johnson?

I think there is a big chance of them picking Amiss at 8. They are desperate for a key forward and he is the best available. Then one of Erasmus or Johnson at 10.

If I’m Richmond I’m on the phone to Amiss manager regularly setting up interviews and requesting info and also telling him we are keen if he gets past Freo. Might just get Freo nervous enough to bite at 8

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
You do realise Hibberd is 25 now and after his time at North had a very underwhelming year at Essendon in 2020? Whilst a very good state league player that is his standard.
Oh and he’s got bigger fish to fry now with Tina! Lol
He's just after the free 4 week holiday and the 50K pay day.

I think there is a big chance of them picking Amiss at 8. They are desperate for a key forward and he is the best available. Then one of Erasmus or Johnson at 10.

If I’m Richmond I’m on the phone to Amiss manager regularly setting up interviews and requesting info and also telling him we are keen if he gets past Freo. Might just get Freo nervous enough to not wait till 10 to get him
Subterfuge ...............I like it.

• Haha

If I’m Richmond I’m on the phone to Amiss manager regularly setting up interviews and requesting info and also telling him we are keen if he gets past Freo. Might just get Freo nervous enough to not wait till 10 to get him
Get photos
of him having Cuppers with Clarke

L

Knowing us Amiss is the next Pavlich and Erasmus is a dud

Don’t mean to nitpick, but Butler was taken ND and Grimes PSD.
But I definitely get get where you are coming from, we do so well when there is little to no expectation on the kids.
You can add Baker to that list also !
Pre season draft is after rookie,so even better.