2020 AFL Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 AFL Draft

This Archie Perkins kid doesn't sound ready for a professional football club environment.
Agree. Job description clearly states “must be willing to live interstate”. What he’s done is draft tampering and the AFL should make an example out of him.

Reactions: 1 users
39. Richmond - Liam McMahon
Height, Weight:
196cm, 84kg
Profile: McMahon is a key forward who attacks the ball aerially and takes marks at the highest point. While still quiet raw, McMahon is an good athlete with his leap and speed in particular impressive.

nearly had a heart attack, not another small forward I thought :)
Sanchez and McJesus have teamed up and are back to haunt us!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Wont stop clubs drafting those players though if they like them enough. I know of clubs picking players in recent years when the players have said outright they just want to play bush footy and work on the farm

This Archie Perkins kid doesn't sound ready for a professional football club environment.
Yep massive red flag for me. Obviously some Melbourne club will pick him but hope it's not us. Either he's engaging in draft tampering which brings into question his character. If it's not draft tampering it shows a kid who's not prepared to do everything in his power to make it as an AFL footballer. Wanting to stay at home with mummy is not a great way to advertise your wares.

Reactions: 5 users
Sounds like the tosser's from the mid 90's that would always knock us back and would write to clubs not draft them.
one ended up at North, a real dud.
And the other ended up at Adelaide and was an average footballer.

Agree. Job description clearly states “must be willing to live interstate”. What he’s done is draft tampering and the AFL should make an example out of him.
Hardly! Its been happening for years and will continue to happen for years. A young kid doesn't want to go interstate and is prepared to say so.

The real draft tampering is clubs like the Bulldogs getting the best player in the draft, the academy concessions to the Northern clubs. The extra picks the AFL throws at underperformers and the lopsided free agency compo depending on what the AFL thinks!

The AFL has turned the draft into a farce. Its now the most unequal equality system in world sport.

Reactions: 3 users
Sounds like the tosser's from the mid 90's that would always knock us back and would write to clubs not draft them.
one ended up at North, a real dud.
And the other ended up at Adelaide and was an average footballer.
Chambers and Pyman

Hardly! Its been happening for years and will continue to happen for years. A young kid doesn't want to go interstate and is prepared to say so.

The real draft tampering is clubs like the Bulldogs getting the best player in the draft, the academy concessions to the Northern clubs. The extra picks the AFL throws at underperformers and the lopsided free agency compo depending on what the AFL thinks!

The AFL has turned the draft into a farce. Its now the most unequal equality system in world sport.

...... and yet, we've won 3 of the last 4 flags and probably will win 3 of the next 4.

From my POV, the draft over that last decade has been the least farcical thing in the universe.

Dogs deserve Bugle-Fagan.

Black kid they've put years into, plus they havnt had a key forward for 20 years

If Dodo did bid on MRJ in the first round (he wont)

I think we can and would live trade pick 20'ish

down for something equivalent like 2 picks in the mid 30's.

then match with 35, and take Jackson Callow, who we wanted in the first place, with 38.

Now that Dodo has apparently telegraphed this ridiculousness,

I imagine we'd already have a pick trade in principle agreement with a club who isn't a bunch of *smile*.

I can't imagine any world where the son of Maurice Rioli doesn't pull on a Richmond jumper today

*smile* im excited. Incredibly significant day for the football romantics amongst us (and isnt a sizeable romantic streak a pre-requisite for barracking for Richmond?)

edit: Matty Clarke 'we are heavily committed to bringing Maurice Rioli Jr, onto our list'

not 'looking at the possibility of', not 'interested', not 'committed'

'heavily committed'

in any weather you will see us with a grin (hey)
risking head and shin (hey)

(opens a can of Richmond premiership draught for breakfast, doubling up on the mental justification - Its draft day and we won the flag)

You can't live trade after someone had made the bid, it's a simple yes or no answer.

Lol if its inside 20 you do 100%, If his name was Raurice Mioli, he'd go after 45.

What if Raurice was 202/99 and was a cross between Michael Roach and Toby Nankervis, won the 2km time trial, and was the u18 Australasia heavyweight boxing champ and knocked back a contract with the LA Lakers to care for his disabled nana who has lived on punt road for 90 years?

What if Raurice was 202/99 and was a cross between Michael Roach and Toby Nankervis, won the 2km time trial, and was the u18 Australasia heavyweight boxing champ and knocked back a contract with the LA Lakers to care for his disabled nana who has lived on punt road for 90 years?

False pretence, he'd be some how zoned to the Giants or Suns.

• Haha