Winderlich a Tiger? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Winderlich a Tiger?

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Wowee.

Apparently we have offered a contract and he has asked Essendon to release him from the last year of his contract.

That's one out of left field. Seems a strange fit for me. Apart from the injection of pace - 29 years old, dodgy back and hammys.

Has Blumfield written all over it.

Yes, just caught the news. Played well this year so I think would add something to our side.

DragicevicFan said:
Wowee.

Apparently we have offered a contract and he has asked Essendon to release him from the last year of his contract.

That's one out of left field. Seems a strange fit for me. Apart from the injection of pace - 29 years old, dodgy back and hammys.

Has Blumfield written all over it.

Except Blumfield never wanted to be at Punt Road.

DUD
Hardwick can go topping up our lists with hacks like that.
What happened to the war chest of money to target free agents.
Farce

If he costs us nothing why not? If it doesn't work out then no loss. It's not a short cut just a handy addition till we find a younger and READY forward. But certainly don't want to give up anything to get him. Hence, the news of him trying to get Essendon to let him out of his contract is a good thing.

Collo said:
If he costs us nothing why not? If it doesn't work out then no loss. It's not a short cut just a handy addition till we find a younger and READY forward. But certainly don't want to give up anything to get him. Hence, the news of him trying to get Essendon to let him out of his contract is a good thing.

trouble is Essendon will not let him walk for nothing - for them, its the principle in that they don't want the flood gates to open.

Would have to be a junk pick of course, don't think it will be easy though, Essendon will ask for a second rounder.

What the ?
well I'd take him only if we could have Zakahrakis as well...he is another who didn't get jabbed..
4th rnd pick ?...Oh dear..I'm in shock. :help

Bummerland is a shambles right now...

tigermouseau said:
Yeah, he'll be able to keep the bench warm alongside Knights.

I like Winderlich as a player, but this is what will inevitably occur.

bullus_hit said:
Would have to be a junk pick of course, don't think it will be easy though, Essendon will ask for a second rounder.

I think he's uncontracted

I'm confused. Didn't he retire? But now we after him? But he still has a year on his contract? Sounds very messy. We don't need to start a trading game with Essendon over a 29 yr old retiree with notorious injury form.

Pass

Very good footballer who would add in an area we sorely lack.

For a late pick leysy would do it.

tigertim said:
I'm confused. Didn't he retire? But now we after him? But he still has a year on his contract? Sounds very messy. We don't need to start a trading game with Essendon over a 29 yr old retiree with notorious injury form.

Pass

I see your point and would only go for it if we trade a junk pick. He can play though and performed very well in the latter stages of this season. Definitely an upgrade on Gordon & Lloyd.