Will we win a GF under Hardwick in the next 2 years? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Will we win a GF under Hardwick in the next 2 years?

Will we win a GF under Hardwick in the next 2 years?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brettstigers said:
Reasonable question to ask today because we can ask it again prior to round 1 2016, after our last game 2016 and prior to round 1 2017.

Interesting to see the changes year to year (note after last game will be pessimistic, and after all our trades/recruiting is likely to be optimistic so you are really comparing two results and not all four results)

Course the stats go to hell if we change senior coach.
We won't change coaches, but Hardwick has to let go of his love of playing moderately skilled goers. He also has to learn how to coach in finals. He does coach differently in them. You'd think he would have benefited from Chocco's experience in similar situations, though.

CarnTheTiges said:
We won't change coaches, but Hardwick has to let go of his love of playing moderately skilled goers. He also has to learn how to coach in finals. He does coach differently in them. You'd think he would have benefited from Chocco's experience in similar situations, though.

Sure. How much longer do we keep saying this for though?
When is enough of Dimma and his nutty love affairs with moderately skilled pets at the expense of the younger guys?

asian tetley said:
When is enough of Dimma and his nutty love affairs with moderately skilled pets at the expense of the younger guys?

You would hope to god that 3 finals losses in a row would be a wake up call.

But then again this is Richmond. Slow learners down there.

asian tetley said:
Well a couple of them have gone now with the retirements of Newie (good solid player, but went on a couple of years too long) and Petterd. Unfortunately there are still a few more hanging around.

Well its been 35 years since our last one so the odds are not in our favour. Having said that we will have to win one eventually.

yandb said:
This poll is worded deliberately 'will' not 'hope' and is not for wishful thinking.
No, we are at least 5 extra players as good as our current top 5 away from being able to match the sides that consistently play in GFs - you cannot get that many good players in such a short time frame as 2 years, it is just impossible.

As well we still accept a level of mediocrity that the successful clubs don't, the perfect example of this is our regular crappy starts to virtually every season Hardwick has been in charge of. It is unacceptable to keep "forgiving" poor skills that cost wins and percentage at the start of season because those poor skills KILL you in the finals every time.

I get furious when I see us exhibit crap skills while winning matches against poor sides and everyone is satisfied with it, because I know that you never, ever get away with those things in finals and they simply should not be tolerated because we happen to win "ugly" matches against no-hopers. That is the trait of losers and it is a Richmond trait.

While things have improved they have not improved enough, and it always the relative improvement that creates the gap between sides and our gap is simply too large.