Will we win a GF under Hardwick in the next 2 years? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Will we win a GF under Hardwick in the next 2 years?

Will we win a GF under Hardwick in the next 2 years?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The_General said:
No, but not because Hardwick isn't good enough. He'll never go down as a great of the coaching ranks, but he's good enough to win a flag.

I just don't think our list is good enough currently, and we won't be able to address the gaps quickly enough before others overtake us.
I think the oppsite, we potentially have the list but not the right coach.

It's conceivable that in the next few years with natural aging Hawthorn, Freo, Sydney, and North will fall away in similar fashion to Geelong this season.

Seems to me that leaves us, Dogs, Port , Adelaide, Pies and maybe GWS in the right age window. IN my view our list has just as much potential as those, perhaps more.

Our time is nigh, the only question is the club ruthless and competent enough to make it happen.

Not with the current list.

Too much mental frailty with this group.

They can't even win a final....how would they be on the biggest stage of all on Grand Final Day? :help

Clarkson wouldn't be able to coach this lot to a flag.

this is why hardwick should be sacked now, and not in 12 or 24 months

give the new coach a proper crack while we still have lids and maric up and running

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
I don't know, but the next two years will be our best opportunity since 1982.

I agree.
Can't wait for the footy to start again. Roll on 2016 :cupgold

the vision at richmond...i know for a fact..has always been to build a solid list ..and the year we really make aim for a flag would be 2016..this has been the benny peggy dimma plan the whole time.....this year we will be adding the few gun players needed to set this up.....expect some hard trading over the next few months

Need a really solid off season with targeted recruitment... will make a big difference. The esprit de corps is good!

toby64 said:
Not with the current list.

Too much mental frailty with this group.

They can't even win a final....how would they be on the biggest stage of all on Grand Final Day? :help

Clarkson wouldn't be able to coach this lot to a flag.

need a better psychologist at the club . :spin

It's like asking if allmy students will hand their assignments in on time next week. Probably not, but if the stars align it could happen. In reality, you just don't know.

Need more leaders on the field.
Grab a big fish and Yarran as our small forward and put Stevie J on one year.
He would help with our leadership and impart his knowledge on the playing group.

The_General said:
No, but not because Hardwick isn't good enough. He'll never go down as a great of the coaching ranks, but he's good enough to win a flag.

I just don't think our list is good enough currently, and we won't be able to address the gaps quickly enough before others overtake us.

This is the scary thing. At this point of time appears we need replacements for Chaplin, Maric, Conca, Griffiiths plus 1-2 midfielders who can do the type of heavy lifting that Tuck and Edwards were responsible for. It's not as if we're just got to go bang bang bang and fill all of those holes in one draft.

Yes we have some good kids coming up and I hope they all turn out to be rippers. Personally I'm not thinking it's all doom and gloom but there are definitely some real concerns regarding time frames and the areas we need to address.

I'm not going to go through the gory details again as they have been covered on the match day thread, but some of what happened yesterday just can't happen. It just can't.

arlobill said:
the vision at richmond...i know for a fact..has always been to build a solid list ..and the year we really make aim for a flag would be 2016..this has been the benny peggy dimma plan the whole time.....this year we will be adding the few gun players needed to set this up.....expect some hard trading over the next few months

None of the gun players are interested in joining us. They are staying where they are or going to Scumwood and Geelong.

Nope, Wont be long till we peak and if not careful bottom out - Free agency is going to hurt a lot of teams. Must make a decision soon before that window closes.

I fear this group is as good as it is going to be.

Not sure there is a great deal of improvement left in those who ran onto the park yesterday.

Only 2 first year players, one a mature age.

Need the largely untried youth to step up, of which only two (Lennon and C Ellis) have shown they will belong at AFL level...others still very raw.

Some of the kids look promising, but then again there are 17 other clubs in the same boat.

Need an injection of class otherwise I reckon this may be as good as it gets, regardless of who is coach

He's shown that when the finals come on he just doesn't have the right mindset. He also seems unable to convey to the players that they need to lift a notch in finals, consequently they don't and he's been consistently outreached in the 3 finals he's taken us to. He's a good regular season coach and he's certainly proved that he can build a side, because we were absolute *smile* when he arrived, and now we've made the past 3 finals series, but he can't coach finals. I don't know why, that's just the way he seems to be. He's too badly scarred now to make an impact in finals. All the eggs are back in the hope basket.

CarnTheTiges said:
He's shown that when the finals come on he just doesn't have the right mindset. He also seems unable to convey to the players that they need to lift a notch in finals, consequently they don't and he's been consistently outreached in the 3 finals he's taken us to. He's a good regular season coach and he's certainly proved that he can build a side, because we were absolute sh!te when he arrived, and now we've made the past 3 finals series, but he can't coach finals. I don't know why, that's just the way he seems to be. He's too badly scarred now to make an impact in finals. All the eggs are back in the hope basket.

You would hope the players are mature enough to understand that themselves without Dimma telling them.