Will we win a GF under Hardwick in the next 2 years? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Will we win a GF under Hardwick in the next 2 years?

Will we win a GF under Hardwick in the next 2 years?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
toby64 said:
You would hope the players are mature enough to understand that themselves without Dimma telling them.
It's still the job of the coach to get them into it, yeah the players are to blame as well, but what do we do? Chuck the whole lot of them out and start all over again? Go back to where we were before Hardwick arrived? The really sad thing is I don't think the man that can coach this mob to a finals win has ever walked this earth.

CarnTheTiges said:
It's still the job of the coach to get them into it, yeah the players are to blame as well, but what do we do? Chuck the whole lot of them out and start all over again? Go back to where we were before Hardwick arrived? The really sad thing is I don't think the man that can coach this mob to a finals win has ever walked this earth.

I agree. It is a big concern. On many fronts.

tigerlove said:
Very difficult to win a premiership so I say no.
And yet Sook No 2, Chris Scott got bloody gifted one, we he won the equivalent of the football lottery and was given the Geelong coaching job when Thompson walked.

People need to realise 5 years ago we were rubbish so to say win a flag in 2 years from now people are dreaming.

GF are very hard to get to. We need a good draw and need to be injury free. This year we got both and blew it.

Cannot see us getting that run again for a while.

B2

If we recruit nic nat dangerfield trelor and bennel this year we might win a final next year

Don't reckon we'll win one no matter who is coaching. They are just too difficult to win. We've finished 5th pre finals twice and still been unable to win one.

Ridiculous question straight after yesterday, how do you think most people will answer? Emotionally

Lets see

Who comes off the list?
Who goes on to the list?
Who do we trade out?
Who do we trade in?
What other sides will emerge to challenge?
What's our draw for those two years going to be?
How many key injuries will we get?
How does game plan change?
And on and On the list of things that may impact the result

The variables aren't just Hardwick or not that impact on this question?

toby64 said:
I fear this group is as good as it is going to be.

Not sure there is a great deal of improvement left in those who ran onto the park yesterday.

Only 2 first year players, one a mature age.

Need the largely untried youth to step up, of which only two (Lennon and C Ellis) have shown they will belong at AFL level...others still very raw.

Some of the kids look promising, but then again there are 17 other clubs in the same boat.

Need an injection of class otherwise I reckon this may be as good as it gets, regardless of who is coach

^This......My thoughts exactly.

3121FC said:
If we recruit nic nat dangerfield trelor and bennel this year we might win a final next year
A couple more gun players will help but not necessarily make our team unbeatable. It is more about the psychological aspects of our team that need addressing. Thinking any available gun player would want to join our club is a dream unfortunately. We just have to trade wisely and hope we get lucky.

pessimistic_ said:
doggies did it in one year

taken us seven

You don't think Beveridge has been helped by a number of years of player development by McCartney?

TheCan said:
This this the root cause of our failures...simple
I knew this from the Heppell over look
And Hampson petterd Knights hunt acquisitions
Please resign please replace I've had it

I bet you're not buying a Richmond membership next year either.

Think his a great man and I have no doubt his list love and play for him.
Far less convinced his game plans and list-build is capable of winning us a flag.
Next year or bust.

B1 and B2 said:
People need to realise 5 years ago we were rubbish so to say win a flag in 2 years from now people are dreaming.

GF are very hard to get to. We need a good draw and need to be injury free. This year we got both and blew it.

Cannot see us getting that run again for a while.

B2
Injury free? Deledio, Edwards, Conca, Griffiths, Knights, Petterd, Ellis, Menedue, Newman all played senior footy and missed multiple games.

Bill James said:
Injury free? Deledio, Edwards, Conca, Griffiths, Knights, Petterd, Ellis, Menedue, Newman all played senior footy and missed multiple games.

Half if not 3 Qtrs are not up to it anyway. + 2 retires

Reasonable question to ask today because we can ask it again prior to round 1 2016, after our last game 2016 and prior to round 1 2017.

Interesting to see the changes year to year (note after last game will be pessimistic, and after all our trades/recruiting is likely to be optimistic so you are really comparing two results and not all four results)

Course the stats go to hell if we change senior coach.