Will we win a GF under Hardwick in the next 2 years? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Will we win a GF under Hardwick in the next 2 years?

Will we win a GF under Hardwick in the next 2 years?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
This poll is worded deliberately 'will' not 'hope' and is not for wishful thinking.

I will vote no for three reasons

The game style is changing from a controlled game to a fast counter attacking style, one which Hardwick has dismissed as not what we want going forward.

We lack at least two more genuine midfield match winners and another ruckman

Our match committee shows too much loyalty to older players and money ballers.

Bill Haverchuck said:
Not while fj and Blair are responsible for our list...

So much for the ftf
This this the root cause of our failures...simple
I knew this from the Heppell over look
And Hampson petterd Knights hunt acquisitions
Please resign please replace I've had it

Bill Haverchuck said:
Not while fj and Blair are responsible for our list...

So much for the ftf

Thats crap. Those two have built this list from the ship wreck it was years ago to what we have now. Yes we need to remove some more deadwood but we can be smart and add some quality too. I'm just not sure Hardwick can take us any further. The only things I'm critical of are Hardwicks team changes and our mids refusal to help each other out when one gets a hard tag.

No, but not because Hardwick isn't good enough. He'll never go down as a great of the coaching ranks, but he's good enough to win a flag.

I just don't think our list is good enough currently, and we won't be able to address the gaps quickly enough before others overtake us.

ThePercies said:
Thats crap. Those two have built this list from the ship wreck it was years ago to what we have now. Yes we need to remove some more deadwood but we can be smart and add some quality too. I'm just not sure Hardwick can take us any further. The only things I'm critical of are Hardwicks team changes and our mids refusal to help each other out when one gets a hard tag.

doggies did it in one year

taken us seven

pessimistic_ said:
doggies did it in one year

taken us seven

Go back over the Doggies drafting over the last 5 years. This has taken a lot longer than 1 year. Their kids are maturing together with a few wise heads at the other end which are helping them through it.

mrposhman said:
Go back over the Doggies drafting over the last 5 years. This has taken a lot longer than 1 year. Their kids are maturing together with a few wise heads at the other end which are helping them through it.

Spot on..

We just don't have enough wise heads anymore

Not a chance. Talks tough at times but then becomes conservative when the real pressure is on. Team is playing the exact same way. Constant favouritism of certain players and down right refusal to give others a chance is another cross. Having no B plan when the opposition take control of game. Doesn't have the smarts to create a new game plan that others will need to overcome. 6 years in the job and certain teams still know how to beat us and do it with ease.

How many times have North beat us in the last 4 years? How many times has Hansen played as a loose cleaning up almost every forward play over these last 4 years? Dimma still couldn't figure out that he needed to make him accountable. Same goes with the Carlton losses.

Will give him credit for building a reasonable list but if we are fair dinkum about taking the next step he has to go. Freo had the balls, same as Doggies. They have reaped the rewards while we will be the loyal club and continue to back our sub par coach in!

This sort of stuff is useless.

At 3-10 last year we were again the worst team since Fitzroy, at 2-4 this year the sky was falling in.

Last November the Bulldogs were in disarray after losing their coach and captain. Port were equal favourites for the 2015 flag. Only one AFL captain tipped the eagles to make the 8 in 2015.

Noone knows and that is the beauty of sport. If we have 2-3 young guys step up and are able to trade in some quality we could win a flag, it's possible.

It's guesswork.

frawleyudud said:
Not a chance. Talks tough at times but then becomes conservative when the real pressure is on. Team is playing the exact same way. Constant favouritism of certain players and down right refusal to give others a chance is another cross. Having no B plan when the opposition take control of game. Doesn't have the smarts to create a new game plan that others will need to overcome. 6 years in the job and certain teams still know how to beat us and do it with ease.

How many times have North beat us in the last 4 years? How many times has Hansen played as a loose cleaning up almost every forward play over these last 4 years? Dimma still couldn't figure out that he needed to make him accountable. Same goes with the Carlton losses.

Will give him credit for building a reasonable list but if we are fair dinkum about taking the next step he has to go. Freo had the balls, same as Doggies. They have reaped the rewards while we will be the loyal club and continue to back our sub par coach in!

unfortunately your post makes a lot of sense.

West Coast lost three elimination finals in a row before winning two premierships. I just wanted to type that because it makes me feel better. #gotiges

Sintiger said:
This sort of stuff is useless.

At 3-10 last year we were again the worst team since Fitzroy, at 2-4 this year the sky was falling in.

Last November the Bulldogs were in disarray after losing their coach and captain. Port were equal favourites for the 2015 flag. Only one AFL captain tipped the eagles to make the 8 in 2015.

Noone knows and that is the beauty of sport. If we have 2-3 young guys step up and are able to trade in some quality we could win a flag, it's possible.

It's guesswork.
Would normally agree but when you have a coach that downright refuses to drop a player like Newman all year after he was terrible for most it and the fact you can never see someone like Chaplin being dropped either says it all for me. Also took him half a year to realise just how good Miles is before giving him a go.

frawleyudud said:
Would normally agree but when you have a coach that downright refuses to drop a player like Newman all year after he was terrible for most it and the fact you can never see someone like Chaplin being dropped either says it all for me. Also took him half a year to realise just how good Miles is before giving him a go.

Great post

i can forgive a lot of stuff but never dropping Newman, Grigg, Chaplin - regardless of form

and not giving the promising kids a go is grating