who's our BEST ever 1 year wonder?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

who's our BEST ever 1 year wonder??

marc dragicevic, had a good year before his knee op.
and how can you forget mark pitura. So big so strong
SO SLOW!!!!

Come on tiges

zippadeee said:
Justin pickering
nick daffy
justin charles
craig smith
des ryan
chris bond
andre kellaway
david honeybun

Not sure how you call these players 1 year wonderers.

Jurica is our best 1 year wonderer (one-off) for us. Just filled Richo's spot in 1995 and was back into oblivion from 1996.

funky said:
thought jurica was going to be a gun

so did Bruce McAvaney, was carrying on like we had the next Tony Lockett.

Personally thought he was a one trick pony, relied too heavily on taking the big contested mark and honestly looked like he was in slow motion anytime he ran.

zippadeee said:
Justin pickering
Justin plapp
Steve jurica
nick daffy
justin charles
graig smith
des ryan
chris bond
andre kellaway
david honeybun

didnt think you would have had him yet Justin pickering was duly noted as No 1 ...Not sure andy kellaway was entitiled to nbe there ::)

Steven Ryan and Anthony Banik for mine.

Both had great first years but never really lived up to expectations and weren't half the players that I expected them to be.

...........................John Pitura.........................who's he I hear half of you ask?

Bit rough on Chris Bond and Andy Kellaway. Plapp was a one year wonder for the year before he made the 1sts.

NZ Tiger said:
Steven Ryan and Anthony Banik for mine.

Both had great first years but never really lived up to expectations and weren't half the players that I expected them to be.

not sure baniks career ever hit any high notes, he was as ordinary in his last as he was in his first, so doesnt qualify here Im afraid :eek:

Mark McQueen easily. End os season we delisted him 3 -4 years in a row the redrafted him again .

Yep, toss up between J Pickering and S Ryan. Coincidence they were both younger brothers of other RFC players at the time?

I honestly can't remember Jurica having 1 good season.

The names i gave were examples of the types that haven't contributed over a long period of time like Weightman-wood-lee-richo-knights-free-

I know that kellaway and Bond were better then 1 year wonders but after winning B&f's they never matched that level again..

This topic was brought up, too show how this club with its players have had us riding a roll coaster of emotion for over 25 years!!

Hopefully the next group coming through have long lasting and worthy careers... Good luck to martin, nason, dea, griffens, webbberly, ashbury, post, grimes and the rest

I know its missing the point slightly, but i thought id throw in Mark Coghlan and Nathan Brown, just to highlight how bad our luck has been. Cogs was gonna be as good as Simon Black and Brown was the best small in the comp when they were cruelled by injury.