who's our BEST ever 1 year wonder?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

who's our BEST ever 1 year wonder??

Let me throw a couple in:

Barry Young - Thought he looked the goods. Went to essendon

Zantuck - Look like a good rough nut. Play forward or back.

Stuart Edwards - in 95 - Look to be a decent forward. Think he kick a bag of 6 -7 against North one night after we jumped to a 7 goal to 0 in the first quarter.

steven jurica - Looked to have promise but never went on.

Stuart Wigney - Ex dog who had one good year at CHB

Tim Powell - good season running off half back flank. Never heard of again

Allen McKella - great first season, thought he was going to be a star. Struggled and then ended up at the dogs.

Streak said:
I can't even remember him having a good game for us :-\

Come on, stop talking rubbish.... or you don't actually remember him playing many games. Banik in his first 2 seasons looked like he could have been a 200 gamer. Got glandular, then post viral fatigue, never recovered properly & that was that unfortunately.

Original post had A.Kellaway, hardly a one year wonder. Played 150+ games, won a B&F and was an All Australian from memory.

1988 - Justin Pickering

Slightly off point as he is not a Richmond player, but Adrian McAdam requires an honourable mention in any one year wonder comp.